Texas A&M, Clemsen, Florida State, and Mizzou to SEC???

Apathy

I don't remember where I read it, as there's been a lot of stuff flying around lately. But I read somewhere that if an ACC school leaves, the deadline they have to leave to play in the SEC in 2012 is August 15. Whereas anywhere between July 1 and December 31 will be the same penalty for a Big 12 school. So what I gathered is that if A & M joins, barring an unexpected announcement from an ACC school today, Missouri will be their 14th. Maybe Clemson and Florida State join in 2013 to bring the conference to 16. Unless A&M doesn't join until 2013. I can't imagine if we had to play 2 season in the Big 12 after our announcement. Yikes.

I don't remember where I read it, as there's been a lot of stuff flying around lately. But I read somewhere that if an ACC school leaves, the deadline they have to leave to play in the SEC in 2012 is August 15. Whereas anywhere between July 1 and December 31 will be the same penalty for a Big 12 school.

Ahhhhh...this would explain why Beebe was recently hot to trot to get new penalties and deadlines in place before the Big XII meetings. My understanding is that it didn't happen (why close your escape hatch if you intend to use it?), so the deadlines and penalties would be the same as they were for us...

But if that's the case with the ACC, then that pretty much would confirm that Missouri is their moving buddy--no way in hell A&M sticks around for two years, as they got a first-hand glimpse into what their football program will run into when they leave.

I don't remember where I read it, as there's been a lot of stuff flying around lately. But I read somewhere that if an ACC school leaves, the deadline they have to leave to play in the SEC in 2012 is August 15. Whereas anywhere between July 1 and December 31 will be the same penalty for a Big 12 school.

Ahhhhh...this would explain why Beebe was recently hot to trot to get new penalties and deadlines in place before the Big XII meetings. My understanding is that it didn't happen (why close your escape hatch if you intend to use it?), so the deadlines and penalties would be the same as they were for us...

But if that's the case with the ACC, then that pretty much would confirm that Missouri is their moving buddy--no way in hell A&M sticks around for two years, as they got a first-hand glimpse into what their football program will run into when they leave.

Well we announced before July 1, so it was over a year (academic year begins July 1). According to Big 12 rules, you give up 80% of revenue if you give 1 years warning, 90% if you give 6-12 months, and 100% if less than 6 months. Although I believe we and Colorado settled for significantly less than that, so I would imagine Texas A&M and/or Missouri could too.

The SEC has just declined Texas A&M according to ESPN....

This means nothing, other than the SEC doesn't want to be accused of poaching teams from the Big XII.

If aTm applies, the SEC will readily accept.

And doesn't it strike anyone as odd that Missouri, whose government and campus leaders were so outspoken during the last conference expansion tumble, hasn't said jack or **** this time around?

Something's up in Columbia, besides the number of meth labs.

Fixed.

have to work hard to supply you crazy meth head nebraskan's. Tied for 4th highest usage rate in the country... :facepalm: something about glass houses or rocks and windows or something like that... :rollin

StateEstimatesFig1.jpg

Well we announced before July 1, so it was over a year (academic year begins July 1). According to Big 12 rules, you give up 80% of revenue if you give 1 years warning, 90% if you give 6-12 months, and 100% if less than 6 months. Although I believe we and Colorado settled for significantly less than that, so I would imagine Texas A&M and/or Missouri could too.

If i remember hearing correctly, both NE and CU were able to settle for less than the written penalty. The thing that may be different here is if things move quickly, the teams left will move on and there will be no conference left to pay anything too. I dont know if things go now, or in the next 3-5 years. But I think when the dust settles OU,TX,OSU,ATM,MU will be fine. Most likely TT and KU will be fine. Baylor, KSU & ISU i think are going to be in trouble