Texas A&M, Clemsen, Florida State, and Mizzou to SEC???

Apathy

Ya, mizzou doesn't fit in those names very well. Oh well, they already couldn't win the big 12 north, and if they move to the sec they will be perrenial bottom feeders. They will make alot more money, be able to cheat when recruiting, but will struggle mightily in sports, football especially. So I guess, have fun with the money and making it to a bowl every 5th year.

I'm ambivalent about Missou to the B1G. On the one hand it would be good to see a north school escape the Texas collapse. On the other I'm ready for a lasting Iowa rivalry unimpeded by our old running mate who was about the closest thing we had to a true rivalry in the old north (ignoring Colorado). I don't think they'd survive in the SEC, honestly. I'm not sure much of any team will survive that kind of gauntlet.

I'm ambivalent about Missou to the B1G. On the one hand it would be good to see a north school escape the Texas collapse. On the other I'm ready for a lasting Iowa rivalry unimpeded by our old running mate who was about the closest thing we had to a true rivalry in the old north (ignoring Colorado). I don't think they'd survive in the SEC, honestly. I'm not sure much of any team will survive that kind of gauntlet.

I think I held the Missouri game in higher esteem than a lot of Nebraska fans. To me they were a true rival, even more than Oklahoma ever was*.

For whatever reason, I highly value the Tigers while simultaneously hating them. They've been increasingly competitive for a number of years now under Pinkel, they have a nice little TV footprint that seems to be a big buzzword in cfb these days...I'd love to see them join us.

I enjoyed watching us beat OSU last year, but I lustily gorged on those images of despondent MU fans in '09 and '10. I want more of that.

*(To me. I don't want to be redundant. I've made it known I'm not enamored with OU plenty around here. And if I was alive for the Game of the Century I'd probably have a totally different opinion on that matter. But I wasn't.)

I think I held the Missouri game in higher esteem than a lot of Nebraska fans. To me they were a true rival, even more than Oklahoma ever was*.

For whatever reason, I highly value the Tigers while simultaneously hating them. They've been increasingly competitive for a number of years now under Pinkel, they have a nice little TV footprint that seems to be a big buzzword in cfb these days...I'd love to see them join us.

I enjoyed watching us beat OSU last year, but I lustily gorged on those images of despondent MU fans in '09 and '10. I want more of that.

*(To me. I don't want to be redundant. I've made it known I'm not enamored with OU plenty around here. And if I was alive for the Game of the Century I'd probably have a totally different opinion on that matter. But I wasn't.)

Yeah, the people who are pining for the OU game need to get a reality check. They sound like the half-suicidal ex GFs who don't hear it loudly enough: THEY LEFT US.

As for Mizzou, I agree that in the North they were a rival. Maybe not a national Michigan/OSU kind of rival, but fans looked forward to this one with plenty of excitement and venom. The problem now is we've gone to all this trouble establishing Iowa, who will be just as hated as Missouri, who is about on the same level as Missouri, who we also share a border with. Inviting Missou back into rivalry status is kind of like inviting your ex on your first date with someone else. It just looks bad.

I'd be happy if Mizzou, Notre Dame, Kansas, and one team from the Big East to join the B10 to form our Super Conference. I'm not a fan of Mizzou but they bring in a good TV market and whether you want to admit it or not but their football team has been on the rise for the last 5-6 years.

Yeah, the people who are pining for the OU game need to get a reality check. They sound like the half-suicidal ex GFs who don't hear it loudly enough: THEY LEFT US.

As for Mizzou, I agree that in the North they were a rival. Maybe not a national Michigan/OSU kind of rival, but fans looked forward to this one with plenty of excitement and venom. The problem now is we've gone to all this trouble establishing Iowa, who will be just as hated as Missouri, who is about on the same level as Missouri, who we also share a border with. Inviting Missou back into rivalry status is kind of like inviting your ex on your first date with someone else. It just looks bad.

That really is a good point. There are an awful lot of similarities between those two universities, and like you said, the B1G has made it a priority to make the Black Friday game with Iowa a marquee rivalry event.

Still, I don't think the two couldn't co-exist as primary rivals for us in the B1G. It might be initially awkward, like you said, but it would shake out fine in a couple years. Iowa-MU might even develop a rivalry that matches or exceeds the one they have with us, if they traded W's for half a decade or so while we owned the series with both of them. (Settle down Iowa fan...these are purely hypothetical.)

Michigan is going to be our true divisional nemesis, anyway. (I think...)

I'd be happy if Mizzou, Notre Dame, Kansas, and one team from the Big East to join the B10 to form our Super Conference. I'm not a fan of Mizzou but they bring in a good TV market and whether you want to admit it or not but their football team has been on the rise for the last 5-6 years.

Hopefully if an East Coast team joined they would deliver the New York market.