Texas A&M, Clemsen, Florida State, and Mizzou to SEC???

Apathy

Also, several SEC schools are said to be voting no to Clemson and FSU...they want to be the only SEC schools in their states for now.

That doesn't make any sense because Auburn is in Alabama and Vanderbuilt is in Tennessee so theres already two different states that have two teams. Why would adding a few more be a bigger deal?

Also, several SEC schools are said to be voting no to Clemson and FSU...they want to be the only SEC schools in their states for now.

That doesn't make any sense because Auburn is in Alabama and Vanderbuilt is in Tennessee so theres already two different states that have two teams. Why would adding a few more be a bigger deal?

Because Florida can use the SEC to differentiate itself from Florida State and so can the c$%ks with Clemson.

"Hey potential recruit, we understand you like maroon and yeah a mascot with a flaming spear is kinda cool, but do you really want to spend 4 years playing in that weak ass conference and never live up to your full potential? Yeah that's what I thought, come play with the rest of the big boys."

Everyone is talking on Twitter. Lots of tweets that TAMU will regret going to the SEC. Am I the only one that thinks any statements like that are absurd?

Texas A&M is in Texas, and would be in the premier college football conference. The deadliest combo possible. They are a few years away from being a freaking POWER HOUSE...in my opinion anyway.

Everyone is talking on Twitter. Lots of tweets that TAMU will regret going to the SEC. Am I the only one that thinks any statements like that are absurd?

Texas A&M is in Texas, and would be in the premier college football conference. The deadliest combo possible. They are a few years away from being a freaking POWER HOUSE...in my opinion anyway.

I agree with you, I was just discussing this with a friend who is an A&M alum and very much against the move.

Texas and Oklahoma are scared of those schedules and they are trying to project those fears onto A&M. A&M though will differentiate themselves from the other two big time with a move to the SEC.

It'd take a few years to be a powerhouse, but hell even Florida used to suck, look at what being the only SEC team in a state that's fanatical about football and has a huge population base can do for you in that conference.

First - I'm so glad that NU decided last year to go to the B1G. Can you imagine the mess we would be in NOW if last year Mizzou had gone to the B1G instead of us? :cheers

Second - I'm presuming that the TAM move is motivated by the Texas Longhorn Network (TLN) rather than any moves made last year by NU & CU. I'm just amazed that other Texas schools (and OU) didn't raise HELL when Texas got their own TV network. That was BS and no one seemed to say anything about it until the TLN announced they would also show high school games! Mack Brown had the audacity to say that showing HS games would not give Texas a recruiting edge. Can you believe the BS? :wacko:

Husker-x, what trouble have we gone thru to establish Iowa? We haven't done a thing, it was all the media that done the work. The most that was done by the big10 was name a trophy for it and I am sure that was pretty easy to do.

Personally I would rather have Mizzou then the squawks. I believe they would give us more of a fight.

Once speculation gets to this point and actual media start trying to report rumors you cant really trust anything officials say anymore.

National media circus tends to illicit nothing but flat out denials.

Plus the information tends to start coming out of other athletic departments. Like the Mizzou to SEC offer with a sunday deadline talk was coming out of Oklahoma mainly as they were "scrambling to see if Mizzou was still committed to the big 12".