big ten network

it's going to be the regional games that have me worried. If we are on ABC/ESPN regional, and OU/MU is on at the same time...KC is going to be in the Big12 region, not the B1G.

I've never lived outside of the conference footprint before, how do they handle those games?

I think they would have one broadcast on ESPN2, that is what they did in NW Iowa when NU and Iowa played at the same time on ABC/ESPN. It is weird how they draw up the broadcast regions...

it's going to be the regional games that have me worried. If we are on ABC/ESPN regional, and OU/MU is on at the same time...KC is going to be in the Big12 region, not the B1G.

I've never lived outside of the conference footprint before, how do they handle those games?

i live in massachusetts so i think that is considerd big ten country so i should get most of the games but im not sure how the whole thing works

Chris,

I know the last couple years on ATT U-verse in KC ESPN would add extra channels like the BTN does to make sure those games were on. I don't know what other providers will do, but I'd imagine they'll have the games.

We'll see, I watch most my games at Gran Falloon, Callahan's (yes that was the name of the bar before that clown coached NU), or Minsky's. I'll let one of them worry about it.

Which makes me think of this story. Last year I was at Minsky's downtown during that game Direct TV had all screwed up. There are usually 100-150 Husker fans that pack the place hours before the game. We were waiting for a while to see if DTV would get their sh!t together, then decided to start calling around. Someone found a bar on the plaza that had it on, which is 40 blocks straight south. Minskys cleared in about 10 minutes. I bet 80 of the people headed south. I thought I'd take a shortcut out of downtown...then, there in the middle of the road was a damn heard of elephants. Not kidding. The effing circus was in town at the Sprint center. Had to wait 10 minutes while they ran these big a$$ things up the street. My wife thought it was hilarious. I was pissed. Still got to watch the last 3 quarters though.

For overlapping BTN games outside of the Big Ten Confeence footprint, many of the cable companies (such as Charter, in my case) are only carrying the main BTN channel, not the spill-over channels. IF (unknown at this time) Charter will offer BTN2Go service (content streaming over the Internet) in our area, we'll be able to watch games via that service. If not, I think they have a for pay service streaming service that runs around 15 bucks that might also be an option. As for ABC/ESPN games, any of the regional games that aren't available on TV in a particular market are still available via ESPN3 or ESPN Game Plan packages.

Of course, ESPN3 and BTN2Go service both require you to have a suitable Internet connection AND your ISP has to offer the service, so it's not an option for everyone.

For overlapping BTN games outside of the Big Ten Confeence footprint, many of the cable companies (such as Charter, in my case) are only carrying the main BTN channel, not the spill-over channels. IF (unknown at this time) Charter will offer BTN2Go service (content streaming over the Internet) in our area, we'll be able to watch games via that service. If not, I think they have a for pay service streaming service that runs around 15 bucks that might also be an option. As for ABC/ESPN games, any of the regional games that aren't available on TV in a particular market are still available via ESPN3 or ESPN Game Plan packages.

Of course, ESPN3 and BTN2Go service both require you to have a suitable Internet connection AND your ISP has to offer the service, so it's not an option for everyone.

yeah thanks i have charter too that was my question before, you answered it. do you think btn2go is going to be offered to us .thanks