Top 10 teams' fatal flaws

ADS

I think we took those for granted with BC, when we were bitching about it. Screens were something that Bill Callahan did very well.

Yep. Callahan's screen game was a thing of beauty. I recall that Lucky led the team in receptions and (I think) receiving yards at least one year.

I would love to see what happens if we got Rexy out in space with a blocker or two in front of him. A Guard pulled out front and Cotton coming across the second level clearing out LBs, with Kinnie and Co. blocking downfield - now that could be a play with some potential.

I think we took those for granted with BC, when we were bitching about it. Screens were something that Bill Callahan did very well.

Yep. Callahan's screen game was a thing of beauty. I recall that Lucky led the team in receptions and (I think) receiving yards at least one year.

I would love to see what happens if we got Rexy out in space with a blocker or two in front of him. A Guard pulled out front and Cotton coming across the second level clearing out LBs, with Kinnie and Co. blocking downfield - now that could be a play with some potential.

w/ that block I could have the ball and still score...

w/ that block I could have the ball and still score...

Only if you were wearing white shoes.

I think our fatal flaw has been Shawn Watson TBH. It remains to be seen whether or not Beck is the answer to our offensive riddle, however. Offenses can but shut down any day of the week, and I'm not expecting us to have a '95 caliber offense, but it'd be nice to have an offense that doesn't fumble as much, poorly execute or run bad play after bad play like they did.

I agree with that.

With Shawn Watson at the helm, we might as well have let the opposing teams' D coordinators call the plays for us. It was never a mystery what we were going to do offensively.

Hopefully Beck adds some diversity to the playbook.

I think our fatal flaw has been Shawn Watson TBH. It remains to be seen whether or not Beck is the answer to our offensive riddle, however. Offenses can but shut down any day of the week, and I'm not expecting us to have a '95 caliber offense, but it'd be nice to have an offense that doesn't fumble as much, poorly execute or run bad play after bad play like they did.

I agree with that.

With Shawn Watson at the helm, we might as well have let the opposing teams' D coordinators call the plays for us. It was never a mystery what we were going to do offensively.

Hopefully Beck adds some diversity to the playbook.

So the problem with Watson is that he needed to be more...multiple?

:o

It's more than a little relieving that Wisconsin could have a shaky front 7 on D.

The linebacker depth problem they pointed to is very real. If Borland remains healthy, the Badgers should be fine, but if he goes down again, the defense could be hurting.

The front four will be OK. Depth is the best in 10 years and there is some potential amongst the DEs.

They did not mention the D-backs which have been a chronic weakness at Wisconsin and very possibly the biggest weakness on defense again this season.

On offense we lack proven receivers. Expectations are high for Wisconsin, but questions need to be answered before the team can win its tough games.