Does NU need a championship to...

Memorial Stadium to me isn't as intimidating as it used to be. Too many people telling you to "Be quiet, I'm trying to enjoy the game." Or, "Sit down, I can't see!" And I understand that, that's what their culture was, but they also need to understand that this is what our culture is. We want to be loud, and we want everyone to be loud and try to fire up our team. If you want to enjoy the game, enjoy it in your recliner where you can sit down and be quiet. But don't expect us to bow down to your wants.

I don't think we are at "national title or bust". It would be GREAT if that happened. But I personally wouldn't mind a B1G title and Rose Bowl victory.

I think knapplc hit the nail on the head. Personally, I head into each and every game wanting to win more-so than expecting to win. And because of the heartbreaking losses, as well as the tough years we've had to put up with for over a decade, it's tough to let them completely into my heart. I still love the Huskers, but if I keep them at bay then it won't hurt so bad.

When we do reach a national championship though, I don't think I'll be able to hand the anticipation nor the fear.

I don't think we are at "national title or bust". It would be GREAT if that happened. But I personally wouldn't mind a B1G title and Rose Bowl victory.

A MNC run would be great, but to be more realistic, progress at this point is winning the conference. We have been brides maids two years in a row, it's time to break thorough that glass ceiling and get back to a BCS Bowl. Anything less than a conference title is not progress and will be a setback for Bo.

But the last two years our only contender for a spot in the Big 12 champ game was Missouri. We are in a better division this year, Michigan, MSU, and maybe Iowa could be competing with us for a spot in the Big Ten champ game. We all know how difficult our schedule is and how much prep the coaches and players have to do for a completely different conference opponents. I haven't been drinking the season hype of Nebraska winning the Big Ten champ game let alone going. If we do go, that's great I underestimated our team. But if we don't, I won't look at it like a set back.

Last year I bought into the preseason hype of going to the Big 12 champ game and we barely made it because Missouri turned out to be better than sports analyst thoughts.

Iowa and Michigan suck so MSU is the only team that good enough to take the division from us, at least this year. In a couple of years when Michigan can rebuild their defense, then yes it will be tougher than the North, but as of now, it's about the same.

This year is going to be tougher than most of you all seem to think. Enjoy the games. Let's watch these guys develop into something special. We are so young across the board this year. There is gonna be some bumps in the road. Cheer them on win or lose.

Not to pick on you True, but this is the kind of attitude I am fed up with. I am sick of being "brought down to earth" by folks who think I am crazy for going into seasons thinking we are going to win them all. I will never stop supporting this team, I went to every game in the season that shall not be named and cheered and thought we would win every game then.

We have people talking about bowl eligible...for christ sake I didn't even know what that meant until 2002. Bowl eligible is not even a goal at Nebraska, it is a absolutely minimal expectation.

9 wins is an expectation, at least it should be.

Stop this protecting yourself from pain in case we lose. It's like knapplc said earlier. Let yourself go, remember how much you used to love Nebraska Football when you expected to win every game? That because you went all in as soon as the first card was laid.

If we, as a fanbase, allow our expectations to drop below this then that will be the expectations of the program. Expect Excellence, Demand Domination, Hail Huskers.

GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

This year is going to be tougher than most of you all seem to think. Enjoy the games. Let's watch these guys develop into something special. We are so young across the board this year. There is gonna be some bumps in the road. Cheer them on win or lose.

Not to pick on you True, but this is the kind of attitude I am fed up with. I am sick of being "brought down to earth" by folks who think I am crazy for going into seasons thinking we are going to win them all. I will never stop supporting this team, I went to every game in the season that shall not be named and cheered and thought we would win every game then.

We have people talking about bowl eligible...for christ sake I didn't even know what that meant until 2002. Bowl eligible is not even a goal at Nebraska, it is a absolutely minimal expectation.

9 wins is an expectation, at least it should be.

Stop this protecting yourself from pain in case we lose. It's like knapplc said earlier. Let yourself go, remember how much you used to love Nebraska Football when you expected to win every game? That because you went all in as soon as the first card was laid.

If we, as a fanbase, allow our expectations to drop below this then that will be the expectations of the program. Expect Excellence, Demand Domination, Hail Huskers.

GO BIG RED!

Very well said. Will we win them all? Probably not, but we should expect to win every game and at least win the conference.

I would actually say with the extra game now compared to TO's days that 10 wins is equal to 9 in TO's days. NU has four easy games in their OOC schedule this year, plus easy games vs NW, Minny and Michigan/PSU/ and Iowa will be tougher than those games but should be wins. That is 9 should wins right there. That leaves tOSU, MSU, and Wisy as the toss up games. If we go 2-1 in those games we are in a BCS game no matter what we do in the CCG, and of course if we win it, we get to go to Pasadena.

We need a championship to fire up the fans like I need a girlfirend to keep my grandma from harassing me about not having a girlfriend

Nobody cares what you have to say SHAWN WATSON! chuckleshuffle

P.S. we need to be in BCS picture. B1G championship would be great! I feel like this has already been said......oh well.

I used to be that way to In The Deed The Glory. Then I realized how truly lucky you have to be to win a National Championship. How many breaks have to go your way. How spoiled we were as Husker fans back in the 90's. I probably cheer harder and louder than most. I probably act as foolish as anyone when we lose. I seriously get emotionally invested in this team. This last comment above was the part of me that tries to temper that. Every bit of me wants us to win them all. My head tells me there is so much to overcome right now that I won't be surprised a bit if we have some hiccups. We all know the tasks we face. Let's hope we get it done. If not though, I hope we look classy and respectable in everything we do. Even the most intimidating teams of the 90's had some stumbles. They usually happened in some big games, but they never lost that attitude. I won't lose it either, but I respect the fact that it is very tough to be as dominating as some of those teams were.

I want to go on record that I never said we won't be bowl eligible. I think nine wins is absolutely a reasonable expectation this year. But if I'm not mistaken we play more than nine games this year? So as I said, we may trip over an opponent or two. We quickly forgot the most hyped Red Out Around the World game where there was no way Texas was gonna come into our house! and beat our ass! Texas came to our house! and beat our Ass! We then watched Texas AnM make our offensive line look like they were wearing pink skirts. They shoved us around like little girls. Then we go to Oklahoma and blow a 17 point lead in a game we knew was the last chance we had at a parting shot in the face of the biggest douche on the planet named Dan Beebe. We all know the entire team knew that there was a lot more than a football game in that Big 12 Championship. Between that Oklahoma game and the Texas game, Nebraska hasn't had bigger games than that in the last ten years! We lost them. So forgive me if I say nine wins is going to be fine by me.

I like slit of things that are being said here. We should go into every season with a chip on our shoulder. We may not have graphic swagger, but we have HUSKER SWAGGER. And it should be portrayed every Saturday. I am one that was "don't get expectations to high" and "don't invest all my emotions" and that's the reason I started this thread. I want memorial stadium to ROCK, E.V.E.R.Y. Saturday. I wish all of our fans could experience places like camp randall and see what a gameday in big time college football is supposed to be like. The only reason memorial stadium has been in the top 10-15 toughest places to play was because of the program's winning records. Not the crowds. This ISN'T the experience like you would get at wiscy, lsu, vatech, etc.