Beck vs Watson game 1

nepolo7

I can understand coming off to a slow start, problems with execution, and jitters from players in their first game. What I don't understand is continuing to try the option over and over again. Yes, I realize we scored 3 TDs or whatever, but if we plan to run the option all year, we're in deep sh#t. Chattanooga had it figured out and shut it down over and over, the only reason we scored is because we were much more athletic. The zone read looked good at first too, then it was easy for defenses to stop. The same thing will happen with the option. Also, brilliant thinking - let's take a team that had a horrendous fumble problem last year, a QB who makes awful decisions under pressure, and put that together for continued pitching to our true freshman running backs. Real smart.

Well, truly amazingly, TWICE we ran the ball on 3rd & short (both for 1st downs).

In 10,000 yrs Callawatts would NEVER do that.

Exactly, normally would we see a screen or draw play that would leave us scratching our heads.

I don't think I saw a screen the entire time Watson was here

really? how could you forget the screen pass to paul in '09 against TTU that was dropped, ignored, and ran back for a TTU td?

Or the pick-six against OU in '08...

I guess Im thinking more along the lines of a HB screen, not a WR screen to the flats.