Congratulations from a Bitter Husky Fan

Any Huskies fan has every right to be ticked off at those officials today. Those 'kick catch interference' calls that went against them were all horrid. Last one wouldn't have made a difference, but it was still the wrong call.

On the bright side, even on no knees, Keith Price looked like a keeper. If today is any indication, that kid has a VERY bright future ahead of him. Very, very impressed with him today.

why is that?

I was referring to the surprise onside kick, which IIRC, was the last kick catch interference call against UDub.

The call did not make any difference to the play mainly because we recovered the ball.

It was the wrong call because from all the camera angles they showed, Blatchford never threw his hand up to signal a fair catch. And the announcers were confused about whether anyone actually could call a fair catch on the kickoff - the answer is YES, you can. However, from every angle I saw, I never saw Blatchford call for it, so thus why I said it is the wrong call.

If someone has some video showing Blatchford putting his hand above his shoulder to signal a fair catch, I'd like to see it, because I never saw it while the game was going on.

You don't need to call a fair catch to have the first right to catch the ball. A fair catch means you won't get hit after you catch it, reducing your chance of fumbling. Rule 6-4-1

A player of the receiving team within the boundary lines attempting

to catch a kick, and so located that he could have caught a free kick or a scrimmage

kick that is beyond the neutral zone, must be given an unimpeded opportunity to

catch the kick

and article c

It is an interference foul if the kicking team contacts the potential receiver

before, or simultaneous to, his first touching the ball (A.R. 6-4-1-II, III, VII and

IX). When in question, it is an interference foul.

It was without question an easy and correct call to make.

Husky fan here, no excuses you all won, end of story.

Good game Huskers and good luck the rest of the season!

Maybe we'll see you in another bowl game! At this point, I would love that :) We deserve a better-officiated final game in this series between our teams.

Hmmmmmm. What bowl game pits the Big Ten and PAC 8 10 12 against each other?

Oh just a little bowl game called........................THE ROSE BOWL!!!! chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1