Wyoming scares me

melscott62

You know you're desperate for talking points when you post a video of a play from a game where you got blown out by 31 points. At home.

PS - The Virginian, just poking a little fun. You are very welcome here. Good luck Saturday to your Cowboys.

But, we did block a punt and lead for most of the first half... B)

In reality there's no desperation. We all know the Huskers will be a prohibitive favorite. Everyone is excited about getting the Huskers into "The War". Not bad for a little school on the prairie when you consider we've had Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Virginia, and soon Nebraska, Oregon, and Missouri come to the High Plains. Wyoming will be hard pressed to win, but I'll be happy if Wyoming's team scares the crap out of a few Huskers in attendance. ;)

I don't blame them. They probably think if they can get a couple of key stops against our offense, they'll be able to attack our defense all day long.

Yeah, but exactly who does Wyoming got that gives them any confidence about shredding Bo Pelini's defense?

C'mon, we just played two BCS teams in Fresno and Washington, and both of them had very talented quarterbacks. We could get Fonzie back this week and even if we don't, that young secondary is growing and developing by the week. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the Blackshirts to open a can of real whoopass on them.

I mean no disrespect, but exactly who does Wyoming have on offense?

Let us not forget, Bo is probably one of the best defensive coaches the college football world has ever seen. It is getting a bit ridiculous when Wyoming fans start talking about how they are going to shred Bo's D.

It's just fans being fans. People always want to think their qb, wr, rb, etc., is as good as the next team's. They don't have to have the greatest players on offense to feel that they have a chance to beat us.

I know nothing about the Wyoming team, so I an't give a fair assessment of this.

I don't blame them. They probably think if they can get a couple of key stops against our offense, they'll be able to attack our defense all day long.

Yeah, but exactly who does Wyoming got that gives them any confidence about shredding Bo Pelini's defense?

C'mon, we just played two BCS teams in Fresno and Washington, and both of them had very talented quarterbacks. We could get Fonzie back this week and even if we don't, that young secondary is growing and developing by the week. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the Blackshirts to open a can of real whoopass on them.

I mean no disrespect, but exactly who does Wyoming have on offense?

Let us not forget, Bo is probably one of the best defensive coaches the college football world has ever seen. It is getting a bit ridiculous when Wyoming fans start talking about how they are going to shred Bo's D.

For the record, Fresno is in the WAC and soon to join the MWC. They are not BCS. FWIW, Wyoming beat the Bulldogs in the 2009 New Mexico Bowl.

I stand corrected Re:Fresno ;)

Welcome to the board, man. I will be pleasantly surprised to see another unheralded but soundly coached offense take the field against us this year. The better your offense is, the better the test for our D, which at this point is a good thing! Thanks for sharing a bit of info on your team.

I stand corrected Re:Fresno ;)

Welcome to the board, man. I will be pleasantly surprised to see another unheralded but soundly coached offense take the field against us this year. The better your offense is, the better the test for our D, which at this point is a good thing! Thanks for sharing a bit of info on your team.

HC Dave Christensen, having come from Missouri as their OC is certainly familiar with Nebraska. He told the Wyoming media the other day that his players are really excited about playing the Huskers. "Basically, we have nothing to lose," he said. His problem is keeping his kids from getting too high. When Texas came to Laramie in 2009, the Longhorns were initially taken aback by how aggresive the Wyoming players were. It took them a half to get on track. The Longhorn's defense started to have it's affect in the second half, basically shutting the Poke's offense down and giving McCoy and company great field position in the second half. Our D couldn't defend a short field and the Longhorns had their way the rest of the game. Ironically, this year's team is way better on offense and our defense is having it's issues in the secondary.

It will be great to see a team come out and play with fire against us. One thing this defense has been totally lacking in this year is fire. I hope you guys bring every ounce of aggression you have and punch our team in the mouth at the start of the game. They need *something* to light a fire under them.

Sounds like it will be a fun game, then.

Wyoming deserves every hit, sack, interception, and Taylor Martinez touchdown for wearing those brown and yellow atrocities they call "uniforms."

This game will be ugly in more ways than one, for the Cowboys at least.

We love our colors precisely because everyone else hates them. Unfortunately, we let Nike in the door and this is what they've done to us this year. I don't know what combination they'll be wearing for the game...

4e1ce4f16b1b8.image.jpg

232803.jpg

The 9-11 helmet.

There's not a damn thing we haven't heard about our colors, so don't even waste your time. The colors are the colors and the whole world can kiss our ass.

• Fire 1