Wyoming scares me

melscott62

Trap game?

For review...

I was at that game, had great seats in the NW corner by the endzone. I remember very clearly how bored the Huskers looked, and how fired-up the Cowboys were. Wyoming went up and down the field and led 21-7 and we were sitting there going, "What the hell?!?!?!"

Then Nebraska went on a 28-0 run and we felt better, and ended up with a ten-point win.

This was the first game after we learned that Tommie Frazier wouldn't be playing for who-knew-how-long with his blood clot problem (Frazier ended up missing nearly the whole season) and Brook Berringer started for the first time for the Huskers. It took a while to get going, but we got the job done.

That season turned out OK for the Huskers, too. IIRC.

OP, Did you happen to catch what Wyoming did last saturday?

lol @ u

Win?

You bet they won. Against Bowling Green. By a whole one point.

A win's a win. One point or 100, doesn't matter.

When judging a team's strength by how they fared in a game against Bowling Green, I'd say there's a pretty large difference between 1 and 100 points. Saying "a win's a win" is pretty ignorant.

OP, Did you happen to catch what Wyoming did last saturday?

lol @ u

Win?

You bet they won. Against Bowling Green. By a whole one point.

A win's a win. One point or 100, doesn't matter.

When judging a team's strength by how they fared in a game against Bowling Green, I'd say there's a pretty large difference between 1 and 100 points. Saying "a win's a win" is pretty ignorant.

On the road, two time zones away. Kickoff at 10 a.m. mountain time. 10-point underdog. Freshman quarterback. Come from behind. Hold on for the win. Yeah, I was impressed.

They are watching you...

http://www.wyonation...&p=38815#p38815

Good job Bye Bye Big XII, you gave them bulletin board material.

And I like how they say Husker fans talking trash and then just quote one person.

uh ohhhh, we deff don't want wyoming to have bulletin board material, good job Bye Bye Big XII, you just jinxed us, now the almighty pokes will beat us because you gave them this bulletin board material

They are watching you...

http://www.wyonation...&p=38815#p38815

Good job Bye Bye Big XII, you gave them bulletin board material.

And I like how they say Husker fans talking trash and then just quote one person.

uh ohhhh, we deff don't want wyoming to have bulletin board material, good job Bye Bye Big XII, you just jinxed us, now the almighty pokes will beat us because you gave them this bulletin board material

We'll send them a fruit basket and everything will be ok.

Against Wyoming's "defense" ..

Weber State: 541 yards (314 passing, 227 rushing)

Bowling Green: 514 yards (437 passing, 77 rushing)

In the Bowling Green game, they escaped with a 1 point victory (blocked the game tying XP) after Bowling Green outgained them by 118 total yards and had 10 more first downs than Wyoming. The difference? Wyoming was +5 in the turnover game. Bowling Green had 4 fumbles, all lost, and 2 INTs in the game. Yet even with those 6 turnovers, they still racked up 500+ yards of offense.

Crazy, eh?

Not meant to be offensive to any lurking Wyoming fans out there. But just a reality that their defense has been horrid against two bad teams.

I'm more worried about how our guys will deal with the altitude than anything. That and no injuries going into the Wisconsin game.

On the road, two time zones away. Kickoff at 10 a.m. mountain time. Freshman quarterback. Come from behind. Hold on for the win. Yeah, I was impressed.

If thats all that it takes to impress you, you must have loved the Callahan era.

I don't blame them. They probably think if they can get a couple of key stops against our offense, they'll be able to attack our defense all day long.

However, I'm hoping Dennard's inclement return (I don't expect him to play much this game) helps the defense. We need him out there, especially after Andrew Green made Price look like the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Just because we had a pretty good game against Washington, I'm not gonna say were going to blowout Wyo, but I think that things are going to go according to hoyle and they'll take 3 or 4 good runs at us, but at the end of the day, we'll just wear them down and take care of business in the 2nd half

I agree with everything you said...except that we had a good game against washington

Just because we had a pretty good game against Washington, I'm not gonna say were going to blowout Wyo, but I think that things are going to go according to hoyle and they'll take 3 or 4 good runs at us, but at the end of the day, we'll just wear them down and take care of business in the 2nd half

I agree with everything you said...except that we had a good game against washington

Game...no. Offensive performance...I'd say definitely. I'm going to be utterly surprised if Wyoming is capable of shutting down any facet of it, even if we're young and inexperienced. I don't expect us to play as well as we did offensively against Washington every game, but we're still healthy which means we can still execute.

I don't blame them. They probably think if they can get a couple of key stops against our offense, they'll be able to attack our defense all day long.

Yeah, but exactly who does Wyoming got that gives them any confidence about shredding Bo Pelini's defense?

C'mon, we just played two BCS teams in Fresno and Washington, and both of them had very talented quarterbacks. We could get Fonzie back this week and even if we don't, that young secondary is growing and developing by the week. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the Blackshirts to open a can of real whoopass on them.

I mean no disrespect, but exactly who does Wyoming have on offense?

Let us not forget, Bo is probably one of the best defensive coaches the college football world has ever seen. It is getting a bit ridiculous when Wyoming fans start talking about how they are going to shred Bo's D.