What happens(ed) to Big 8 records/history?

Just curious. I saw where Texas Tech holds the Southwestern Conference's historical data/memorabilia/archives, and I was wondering if anyone has been designated yet to hold onto the Big 8 chotchkies in the same manner?

Also, who would you want to hold onto the Big XII chotchkies when the conference collapses? Should Nebraska step up and take over the Big 8 or XII history when the Big XII collapses?

Just curious. I saw where Texas Tech holds the Southwestern Conference's historical data/memorabilia/archives, and I was wondering if anyone has been designated yet to hold onto the Big 8 chotchkies in the same manner?

Also, who would you want to hold onto the Big XII chotchkies when the conference collapses? Should Nebraska step up and take over the Big 8 or XII history when the Big XII collapses?

Nah, it should be Texas. We're a little too self-centered for that role. (*The sarcasm department has determined that a sign is unnecessary.)

A good chunk of NU's Big 8 stuff is in several boxes in my basement in the form of stuff I thought I had to have over the years. Included in the box are a pendent from the 1965 Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas, several decanters of Johnny Rodgers (still full), a couple of Big 8 championship rings a friend gave to me after her father died (he was in the department and everyone received rings at the time), and my TO/Tommie Frazier autographed football that my wife was able to personally get signed for me.

A friend of mine actually found an answer--apparently Kansas State is holding all of the Big 8 archives at their school:

When the Big 8 folded all of the records were moved to Kansas State's Vanier Complex and are now on exhibit in the Big 8 room which also serves host to post game interviews after football games.

http://en.wikipedia....ight_Conference

Still wonder where the Big XII conference stuff will go. Baylor, perhaps?

A good chunk of NU's Big 8 stuff is in several boxes in my basement in the form of stuff I thought I had to have over the years. Included in the box are a pendent from the 1965 Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas, several decanters of Johnny Rodgers (still full), a couple of Big 8 championship rings a friend gave to me after her father died (he was in the department and everyone received rings at the time), and my TO/Tommie Frazier autographed football that my wife was able to personally get signed for me.

Ha ha! Let me know if you're ever hard up for cash. My mancave has some empty shelves.