Courtney Osborne

Osborne seemed to have problems with wrapping up and finishing tackles last year... and I recall seeing the same in the Chattanooga game. I believe I saw him go for hits against bigger guys without even trying to wrap up... and so they kept on going down the field once they bounced off him.

He's got some good skills and technique, but I haven't been impressed by his tacking at all.

But I'm definitely disappointed if he's taken the demotion poorly. He needs to suck it up and do anything he can to prove himself in practice.

The young man has a nose for the ball for sure. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time often, and made some of the best TFL's on the team last year. He does have a tendancy to go for the big hit instead of wrapping up a solid form tackle. Usually the big hits work out, but there were guys that did bounce off those hits. That kind of thing has to be fixed. I still think the guy belongs on the field regularly.

Osborne seemed to have problems with wrapping up and finishing tackles last year... and I recall seeing the same in the Chattanooga game. I believe I saw him go for hits against bigger guys without even trying to wrap up... and so they kept on going down the field once they bounced off him.

He's got some good skills and technique, but I haven't been impressed by his tacking at all.

But I'm definitely disappointed if he's taken the demotion poorly. He needs to suck it up and do anything he can to prove himself in practice.

I don't know about this year, but last year he was a solid tackler. That was a big part of why he got the start - because he was way better in run support than PJ Smith and Rickey Thenarse.