Defensive Personnel Changes

Stafford to Peso, PJ and Courtney over the top, Dennard and Ciante locked up, David roaming the middle. Please.

This isn't really the Peso right? This is just nickel. Peso is when there is only 1 linebacker and 6 DB's isn't it?

Anyways- I do agree with you on personnel. I don't like our 4-3 base. Aside from Lavonte our LB's aren't good enough. Having Stafford stay on as a hybrid safety/ LB is good in my book.

Stafford to Peso, PJ and Courtney over the top, Dennard and Ciante locked up, David roaming the middle. Please.

This isn't really the Peso right? This is just nickel. Peso is when there is only 1 linebacker and 6 DB's isn't it?

Anyways- I do agree with you on personnel. I don't like our 4-3 base. Aside from Lavonte our LB's aren't good enough. Having Stafford stay on as a hybrid safety/ LB is good in my book.

Peso is basically a glorified nickel.

No the peso is not nickel or a 4-1-6, Peso refers to the ability for the defense to switch from a 4-3 to a nickel/dime package without changing personal. This is achieved by having players that are Tweeners, LB/DB players. It is extremely difficult to find a player who has the speed to cover a receiver and at the time time be capable of shedding blockers and playing the run. That is what made Hagg so valuable. In the peso there is no "set" other than 4 down lineman, 1-3 line backers and 4-6 dbs, ever changing depending on the down and distance.