Nice message board....

zoobadger

Win or lose it'll be fun to check back here as the season wears on. Hope you guys have a good first year in the Big Ten (other than Saturday night obviously). And I hope that the B1G stays at 12 because you guys are a perfect fit, and adding Texas or some other far-flung "star" program would throw off the lunchpail, Midwestern vibe that Makes the Big Ten special.

Also, I'm relieved that you guys are visiting Madison at night rather than the other way around. I suspect that in spite of all the X's and O's, it's still a bunch of kids out there, and home field advantage is probably good for 7 points in this contest.

zoobadger, you'll have to forgive our responses in this thread. Like scarletNcream, melscott62 and other folks posting in other threads, I've been surprised at the tenor of the posts coming from Badger fans. We've had many visitors from many other Big Ten teams and they've led us to believe that Bucky (as they call you) can be very... bad.

I gather Camp Randall is a completely different story, but so far, every Badger Fan visitor we've had has been really great.

Like the other folks have said, please stick around. Anything you can tell us about being a Badger would be great.

We've had many visitors from many other Big Ten teams and they've led us to believe that Bucky (as they call you) can be very... bad.

I'm not surprised by this.

UW has been consistently good for almost two decades and many fans of other programs were used to pushing Bucky around. They can't do that anymore.

We are a fun group but you have to be able to roll with the punches. If you are walking by the stadium wearing a Nebraska shirt don't be offended to hear an "a-hole, a-hole" chant coming your way. Smile, laugh it off, talk a little fun smack back and introduce yourself. You'll be fed brats and beer and have a good time. If you take offense or go on a nasty defensive then you'll be asking for it. We don't take ourselves too seriously and when guests come in and show that they can laugh at themselves and at us the same way we do we get along just fine. If you waltz in thinking you're God's gift to the world with a chip on your shoulder you'll be miserable. Or in Minnesota's case, God's gift to college football that was played before the Berlin Wall was built thinking that this type of tradition means something to the kids playing today who were born in the 90's. Have fun with those idiots.

Anyway, have a good time, enjoy our city, our state, and if you lose stick around and enjoy the post game stuff. You might catch some flack but respect is given and shown to fans of other teams who still have pride after a big win or a crushing loss.

Wisconsin and Nebraska...in the words of Rick Blaine; "This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship" (but for starters prepare to get your tails whipped on Saturday...hehehehehe)

We've had many visitors from many other Big Ten teams and they've led us to believe that Bucky (as they call you) can be very... bad.

I'd like to address this, team by team, if you don't mind. Because, yes, Wisconsin's reputation has gone downhill the last few years.

Illinois, Indiana: not much hate here. Illinois more so in basketball because there's been some good games over the years.

Iowa is a love-hate relationship. Bielema is an Iowa alum, but there's still some bitterness over their loss to us last year.

Michigan-Wisconsin is pretty respectable.

Michigan State is extremely pissed because they feel like they were robbed of a Rose Bowl berth last year because of us. And they just can't beat Wisconsin in Madison in basketball.

Minnesota: Natural rivals with Paul Bunyan's Axe. Although it hasn't been much of a rivalry recently.

Northwestern: fine.

Ohio State despises us. Absolutely hates us. Mainly because we beat them last year and several Camp Randall incidents during the 90's. They hate Bielema, they hate Bo Ryan, they hate our fans, and they hate our students. Did I mention they hate us?

Penn State and Purdue: fine.

Win or lose it'll be fun to check back here as the season wears on. Hope you guys have a good first year in the Big Ten (other than Saturday night obviously). And I hope that the B1G stays at 12 because you guys are a perfect fit, and adding Texas or some other far-flung "star" program would throw off the lunchpail, Midwestern vibe that Makes the Big Ten special.

Also, I'm relieved that you guys are visiting Madison at night rather than the other way around. I suspect that in spite of all the X's and O's, it's still a bunch of kids out there, and home field advantage is probably good for 7 points in this contest.

Welcome! We're all looking forward to playing the Badgers on Saturday night. We have such a connection with Wisconsin as your beloved AD-Barry A. was once a Husker. :) It will kind of be like playing your brother in the back yard! (Big back yard!) The way you treat our fans is the way we would treat you when it's your turn to come to Lincoln. So, thanks for the great post-visit us often and may the team in red and white win! ;) GO BIG RED!!

agree 100%....thanks for joining