Is Taylor too fast???????

Now that can't be a problem!

If he's too fast, he can just turn it down a notch. If he's still getting ahead - I have no idea if that is the case or not - it would be a mental error and not a physical deficiency ;) in my opinion.

I haven't really had a chance to pay too much attention to the past couple of games. I know the lateral option looked very ugly at the start of the season. Is it still that way?

You have to control that speed going down the line on the option, give yourself time to make your reads. Watch how Carnes worked the DE against Wyoming, he took one extra step to make the defender commit before he made the pitch. But TM is a pure speed guy, I'm not sure he has a lower gear, he sees that corner and he's accelerating. If they ever get the timing down with the pitch back, it could be scary.

You have to control that speed going down the line on the option, give yourself time to make your reads. Watch how Carnes worked the DE against Wyoming, he took one extra step to make the defender commit before he made the pitch. But TM is a pure speed guy, I'm not sure he has a lower gear, he sees that corner and he's accelerating. If they ever get the timing down with the pitch back, it could be scary.

:yeah

Not trying to critisize here just saying that on the option TM seems to be a bit ahead of the play and therefore doesn't get as much yardage as the play could have gotten.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Ha ha! We know what you're saying. And you are right. Martinez does get out in front a bit too much on the option. That very thing led to a fumble a couple of games back when he turned and pitched to open space.