The Bright Side of the Wiscy game

Tired of all the belly-aching on the other threads? Are you the glass is half full type? Then this is the place for you to post what you felt went right or was good in this game. Here, I'll start it off;

-The better team won the game (isn't that the way it's supposed to be)

-We can't blame the loss on officiating

-First time in a long time Musburger didn't drive me absolutely nuts.

-We got to watch one hell of a quarterback in Wilson.

That's all I have. Take it away----

musbergur for sure had his kneepads on for wilson, wat r u talkin about?

Edited by irishhusker

The bright side is... we may get to play Wisconsin again, and the second game will be the one that really matters. Remember how devastating the Texas loss seemed last year? Well nobody gave a sh#t about it by the time we were up 17-0 on OU.

Outside of Wisconsin, the B1G sucks this year. If the team doesn't shut down emotionally, we can beat Iowa and play Wisconsin again, hopefully with a much-improved defense and an OC who's learned from mistakes.

Unfortunately, I somewhat agree. IF we don't shut down, we could have to play them again. But, this is where we differ; I don't want to play them again this year. No way we improve that much in about 8 weeks. Only hope would be that they come in WAY over confident and we discover a QB who can throw the ball when forced to.

I think we can get a lot better in eight weeks. Our defense looked pretty bad against Texas Tech in 09, and seven weeks later looked like the absolute best in the country.

The bright side is... we may get to play Wisconsin again, and the second game will be the one that really matters. Remember how devastating the Texas loss seemed last year? Well nobody gave a sh#t about it by the time we were up 17-0 on OU.

Outside of Wisconsin, the B1G sucks this year. If the team doesn't shut down emotionally, we can beat Iowa and play Wisconsin again, hopefully with a much-improved defense and an OC who's learned from mistakes.

Unfortunately, I somewhat agree. IF we don't shut down, we could have to play them again. But, this is where we differ; I don't want to play them again this year. No way we improve that much in about 8 weeks. Only hope would be that they come in WAY over confident and we discover a QB who can throw the ball when forced to.

I think we can get a lot better in eight weeks. Our defense looked pretty bad against Texas Tech in 09, and seven weeks later looked like the absolute best in the country.

The problem I have with this view is that we would be putting Wisconsin on a pedestal. Basically saying that they were unbeatable. This is the exact same team as 2010 and can lose to anyone. Everyone knows how to stop the offense, but only a few are able to do it. Obviously, the defense doesn't help.

There will be 2-3 more loses this year.

Wisconsin runs a more advanced wave.

Though that's largely helped by the massive student section they have being absolutely pumped. It was about 4/5 full about 20mins until kickoff and their blue-hairs were discussing how impressed they were with the student section's early arrival.

And yes, we can find enough tickets for it to be noticeable in Camp Randall.

Alas, what was also very noticeable was the huge exodus of blackshirts around the end of the 3rd quarter - seriously, the aisles in the upper deck were actually black with departing fans. Four Nebraska gentlemen seated in the row in front of us were so pumped till about half-time. There was also a very vocal middle-aged Nebraska lady seated about 3 rows behind me - I seriously thought she'd blow out a tonsil with all the screaming she did. Throughout the 3rd quarter both the screaming lady & the 4 gentlemen got progressively quieter and more glum looking. Finally they all slunk off - just before "Jump Around". It was also kind of sad to see the huge sections of blackshirts just sitting like lumps during the massive 4th quarter "wave". The Nebraska fans sprinkled in the other sections joined in the wave, but the main section just behind the band and along the Nebraska sideline just sat there. I suppose if I had been in their situation I'd not be inclined to jump around too much either, but I'd never leave a Badger game that early.

We had a b1ackout?

Or rather, a "let's sprinkle the enemy red with some black specks"? I don't blame them though. This was a fun game to watch if you like offense and you like Wisconsin. Otherwise, it was beyond ugly to see the team pounded that way.

A good team will recover from this and rise anew from the ashes. We are a good team.

Eh, Muschberger was all over Wilson's penis. But regardless, the better team won

Wilson earned his Mushy bj. That's what should happen when a team gets out played and out coached in every facet of the game. There sure were no positives about NU for him to talk about.

There iz not a single.thing good about the game

Really? Tell me how you felt the first quarter? We did some VERY good things in the first quarter. We had those Badgers a little rattled. I loved the 'back and forth' play. Martinez was spot on in the passing game, we had a very balanced approach. I don't know how you reacted to the first quarter but during that time I thought we could pull of the upset. I thought we could win. But we stopped doing those 'good things' and the game came unraveled for us.

So I must respectfully disagree with you. There were several good things about the game. :)