A misguided attempt to nip some things in the bud

NUpolo8

Ok well so that happened....

The knee jerk reactions are already in full swing, but if I do this, it will save me the next week of reading topics and face palming.

Quit with the "Bo doesn't belong" crap

-- The reason for this is simple. We're Minnesota, UCLA, or Ole Miss without him. He isn't perfect, but there is NO ONE his equal or better that would touch this job with a ten foot pole if he's chased off. This team is young, his career as a head coach is just beginning. Nights like these are still the exception, not the norm. I even heard a comparison to 07 tonight. To that I say, quit the drugs.

Taylor's the starter

--how anyone can think a QB who've they've seen for two series this year is beyond me. I'll never know why they made Taylor pass for 12 out of 14 plays, and that was the reason why this game got out of hand. That falls on the coaches, who got flat out outclassed tonight. It takes an incredible amount of time to hit the reset button with the nuclear weapon dropped on this program in 03, which leads me to.

We acted, looked, and performed like the lesser team tonight. That needs to stop.

-- You know what? Let's do a b1ackout. It's something that teams who need excuses to perform at a higher level need to do, and that's what we were tonight. It was my hope that the message out of Lincoln would have been "screw it, we're wearing red, your ad took our model to you, we have nothing to be ashamed of. There were articles in the paper emploring us "to just enjoy the scene". When our coach tries to drag this team to his goal, he's neutered by his chancellor.

I realize none of this had a sense of flow or scope, but those are my biggest beefs with tonight.

I'd agree with anyone calling for Bo's head. That's 100% knee jerk. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I have to wonder what would happen if we broke in Carnes though. That's a legitimate thought. Taylor has never looked good as a passer, and maybe never will. OTOH, from what we've gathered, once he gets comfortable, Carnes' ceiling as a QB is much higher.

Um, why would no one "his equal" touch this program? The list of top notch Coordinators in the country that would LOVE to take the head coaching job at Nebraska is endless. Heck, the list of head coaches at non BCS schools that would love to take this job is probably over 90%.

I don't want Bo fired, but it makes no sense to think that if Bo were fired at the end of this year, we'd be next in line after Ohio st. in getting the top candidate available.

We got beat. It happens. The coaches and the players just need to suck it up and focus on the next game on the slate.

Yeah we've got problems, but this was a big game for the players. The entire nation had been waiting for this game, probably more than any other game this year. There was a buttload of pressure, and we didn't handle it the right way. We've got a questionable offense with a first year coordinator, a lot of youth on D with a lot of holes to fill.

I've got concerns yeah. I'd like to see Carnes get a shot at starting next game. If not to see him be the next Tommy Frazier, at least to motivate TM. But I don't know what the coaches know and I gotta trust them to do the right thing. For whatever reason, TM's our qb. And our D is going through a rebuilding year.

I think most of us know this stuff is cyclic and it's kinda healthy for us as fans to come here and discuss it. I just hope we don't all get to out of hand and flip out over this loss. It was a bad loss but the sun will come up tomorrow and our program will improve.

Um, why would no one "his equal" touch this program? The list of top notch Coordinators in the country that would LOVE to take the head coaching job at Nebraska is endless. Heck, the list of head coaches at non BCS schools that would love to take this job is probably over 90%.

I don't want Bo fired, but it makes no sense to think that if Bo were fired at the end of this year, we'd be next in line after Ohio st. in getting the top candidate available.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bo a top notch coordinator before he was hired as our head coach. Great coordinators don't always make great head coaches. We're in too deep to turn back now as far as I'm concerned. If not, we just become another Notre Dame where if you don't get us to a BCS in four years or less you're done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bo a top notch coordinator before he was hired as our head coach. Great coordinators don't always make great head coaches. We're in too deep to turn back now as far as I'm concerned. If not, we just become another Notre Dame where if you don't get us to a BCS in four years or less you're done.

I agree. I mentioned "top notch coordinator" because the OP said we couldn't get Bo's equivalent in here. Well, what Bo is is a top notch defensive coordinator with a huge question mark still around his head coaching ability. I don't think Nebraska would have any problem getting a "Bo equivalent". Not that we should try.