Scary stats for Bo, but interesting

Robsker,

As you know, we seem to agree on most things about Coach Pelini. I as you predicted this, just as it went down, but I thought possibly worse. We have a coaching problem, relationship with the team, what ever it is, needs to be corrected.

I am not on the fire Pelini bandwagon. He has done some very good things, but preperation is not his strong point.

Thank You for putting this out in intelligent format.

We have problems and have since he got here. He is a young head coach, somewhat in over his head. His hires have been questionable at the least. I have stated many times I found it hard to believe the best Ocord was on our staff. Did not and does not make sense to me. In the end it appears to be the same failure we saw with BC, too much loyalty to friends.

I do not see the four losses that you see, but that will be answered next weekend. If we lose that one, who knows how many we will lose.

**Be Careful with Statistics**

Let's not forget that Tom Osborne was 2-5 against top ten teams in his first four years at NU. Yes, Osborne was 2-5. And he inherited a squad only one year removed from back-to-back national championship winning squad when he took the reins in 1973. This was a far cry from the mess Bo inherited.

Not to get knit picky, but according to the Schedule/Results on Huskers.com in TO's first four years he went 3-5 against top 10 teams....I guess they could be wrong, and I know, it's only one more win, but hey, I want to give the good Doctor his due. (Bo is 1-6 so far). I am NOT saying we should fire Bo...but he is no Tom Osborne in just about any comparison. Just sayin'.

I do not expect him to be Coach Osborne.

I expect the teams to be prepared and motivated to play with anyone they line up against.

I do not expect this team to play down to the level of competition, nor fold when they play tougher teams, which in honesty has only happened twice, this game and Washington last year.

I want to see a coaching staff that is on line with the program, top assistants, with proven track records taking the top spots. I do not want shots in the dark, hoping for a good hit because of friendship.

I do want a coach that knows where he is at and how to act in front of a National audience. He has improved on it, but he is still the center of every TV game if things are not going right. No matter how you look at it, it does not help Nebraska to have this type of publicity. I do admit that he has made improvement on this, and I think he has worked on it very hard.

In this day and age, when every other storied and prestigious program is capable of fielding top-caliber teams, we are capable of doing the same. If we can not, after four years, there is likely a legitimate problem.

Nobody expects Bo to be Tom Osborne, but they expect him to have the same potential as our program; if, after 4 years as a head coach, he has 9, 10, 10 and ? (9 or 10) win seasons without a single conference championship or win over a top 10 team (you can point out Missouri if you want but let's not fool ourselves....Missouri is not, nor have the ever been, a legitimate top 10 team, they do not count) and if we have not gotten to a consistent level as a top 10-15 team in the country, then he's not doing good enough.

With that being said, I hope he's the man for the job.