The Latest Quarterback Thread

If Brion is that good, why isn't he playing? Why would Bo say publicly that there's a pretty wide gap between him and Taylor right now? Why would Pelini sabotage his own team/career for no apparent reason? Why would he refuse to bench a starter when he's done so at every position on the team, including QB, and including Taylor?

Makes no sense at all. Not buying the "Brion is better" stuff.

Brion isn't the better individual player, but may be healthier for the team right now. With Martinez in the game, Beck and Bo can't see past his "Big-Play" ability. The first quarter of the game last week, they were taking what Wisconsin's D was giving them, and moving the ball with a pretty good balance. But in the 2Q, they got impatient and started looking for the "Big Play." I think having Brion in the game would hand cuff their playcalling and force the issues of ball control and game management into the coach's heads. We would also rely on our other skill positions to make the plays instead of the QB. There really isn't a better time than now to try a switch with a tOSU team with even more problems than we have in town and a bye week followed by Minnesota, who is one of the worst teams in the country right now. Okay I'm off of my soapbox now.

:boxosoap

holy sh#t, i hope our coaches are smarter than this?

First hand practice? That would be within the past week. And you? I don't think you make it to many practices, do you?

So I guess you are aware of the DB who rolled his ankle yesterday that has gone unreported in the public press, correct? :)

Or better yet - what's our LB depth chart this week?

C'mon knapp, you really want to do a public measuring contest? Always so defensive when I reply to you. :dunno

The funny thing is I almost posted the exact same thing to you. Frankly, I don't care. I know what I know, you know what you know, and nobody is winning the internet because they have inside information. It's not about you or me, it's about what's best for this team. In my opinion, the less that comes out from unofficial sources, the better. We differ over that, as your constant allusions to "inside knowledge" show.

I have no interest in a dick-measuring contest with you, or further pissing matches.

This thread is a good indication of why nobody on this board will ever be a coach at the University of Nebraska. The solutions to our problems at QB, as posted on this board, are:

1. Benching the starter in favor of a redshirt freshman against arguably the best defense we'll see this year

2. Retooling Taylor's throwing mechanics mid-season

3. Running the ball and not letting Taylor throw anything beyond 3 yards,

4. Changing offensive systems again and not recruiting running/dual-threat QBs

Does that pretty much cover it?

Pretty much.

The internet genius crowd as always has everything figured out. Dump the starting qb for an unproven freshman, dump Bo for another some other Clownahan we can find, dump the "run first" offense to go back to fluffball with pocket qbs who "make their reads" and run like a three toed sloth so once again we can enjoy the endless thrills of 2004 - 2007.

Ho hum.....just another day in HuskerNation.

GBR!!

bshirt, you're casting a pretty wide net here. I know this is an incredibly charged topic, but I bet if you went back through all the posts regarding TM (and that would be a lot), it would be a fairly small percentage that is saying bench him now in favor of Carnes. Yes there are a few that take it that far, but not most. The majority have presented legimate concerns about aspects of his game and again most are saying that they would just like to see Carnes at least get a little game time. I don't think it's as drastic as some make it seem

On the other hand, most of the supporters simply say that Carnes is not ready because Bo says so...really how often does Bo give the entire or true story about the team. The one single absolute fact that we know about Carnes, is that we do not know how he will perform in the heat of the game. There is no way we can know because no one has seen him. There are players that do perform better when they get under the lights. But there is really only one way to find out. And really those saying it might damage TM mentally, if he's not strong enough to handle coming out for one or two series, is he strong enough to be a D1 QB?

Sometimes TM appears to get pretty rattled out there, what would be wrong with giving him a series off just to get a little bit settled? That is one place I really think it would be good to have your QB coach on the sideline.

And how come it's only "internet genius" on one side of the debate? Isn't that all of us? :lol: As you always say....GBR

This thread is a good indication of why nobody on this board will ever be a coach at the University of Nebraska. The solutions to our problems at QB, as posted on this board, are:

1. Benching the starter in favor of a redshirt freshman against arguably the best defense we'll see this year

2. Retooling Taylor's throwing mechanics mid-season

3. Running the ball and not letting Taylor throw anything beyond 3 yards,

4. Changing offensive systems again and not recruiting running/dual-threat QBs

Does that pretty much cover it?

Pretty much.

The internet genius crowd as always has everything figured out. Dump the starting qb for an unproven freshman, dump Bo for another some other Clownahan we can find, dump the "run first" offense to go back to fluffball with pocket qbs who "make their reads" and run like a three toed sloth so once again we can enjoy the endless thrills of 2004 - 2007.

Ho hum.....just another day in HuskerNation.

GBR!!

bshirt, you're casting a pretty wide net here. I know this is an incredibly charged topic, but I bet if you went back through all the posts regarding TM (and that would be a lot), it would be a fairly small percentage that is saying bench him now in favor of Carnes. Yes there are a few that take it that far, but not most. The majority have presented legimate concerns about aspects of his game and again most are saying that they would just like to see Carnes at least get a little game time. I don't think it's as drastic as some make it seem

On the other hand, most of the supporters simply say that Carnes is not ready because Bo says so...really how often does Bo give the entire or true story about the team. The one single absolute fact that we know about Carnes, is that we do not know how he will perform in the heat of the game. There is no way we can know because no one has seen him. There are players that do perform better when they get under the lights. But there is really only one way to find out. And really those saying it might damage TM mentally, if he's not strong enough to handle coming out for one or two series, is he strong enough to be a D1 QB?

Sometimes TM appears to get pretty rattled out there, what would be wrong with giving him a series off just to get a little bit settled? That is one place I really think it would be good to have your QB coach on the sideline.

And how come it's only "internet genius" on one side of the debate? Isn't that all of us? :lol: As you always say....GBR

Well, we'll just agree to disagree about the "small percentage" of haters. This is the same DNA based folks who in their infinite wisdom demanded firing Frank/Bo to bring in Callahan. But, enough of that....

Sure, I'm all for bringing Carnes in and seeing what he can do. He's our 2nd string qb and needs real reps. I could see why he got little to no playing time for the Washington & Fresno St game but vs Wisky? Yeah, get him in there. Just remember though, this same crowd that is cheering him on as the 2nd coming will absolutely crucify the kid for any substantial mistakes. As a freshman, I'd like to not put him in the fire quite yet if possible.

Haha...you're right, "internet genius" can go both ways. However, I'm sure you know the difference.

GBR!!

I do miss the fire that Bo had the first few years. Yeah he had to tone it down, as the press and I am sure some other teams recruiters, were using it against us in recruiting. The team doesn't seem to play with the intensity it had, when he did fire off at officials and some players. He doesn't have to have a melt down, but I saw some of it come out in the practice interview. Your not going to have him or the team, say anything bad about Martinez, or any coach, no matter how you ask the questions. Bo has put the respect and the expectations back in this program again, or else you wouldn't be reading how concerned everyone is about the D or the play calling or T-Mart. We have the right coach, and I will be happy with the 9- 10 win seasons, bowl invites, and a few B1G championships sprinkled in, till we make that run to the BCS championship game. I bet Beck learned a few things last week, and won't go in that direction any time soon. You play to your strength, and this team has plenty of them. Give Beck time. I don't like losing any more than the next guy. We will be stronger at years end. IMHO

GBR!!!