Nebraska -10 vs Ohio State

Nebraska -10 favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't understand the "Ohio State may not even score" sentiment. I don't think people realize Michigan State is #1 in total defense in the entire country. Just because their defense pretty much shut down OSU's offense, doesn't mean we will. Yeah, I get their offense is bad. But our defense is worse. Colorado was shredded by OSU and it would be a stretch to say Nebraska's defense is as "good" as Colorado's.

I agree.

As the week progresses, my instincts tell me that OSU is going to come out and score and score often. Earlier in the week I had OSU by 3 points and scoring in the low 20pt range. I am beginning to sense that OSU might be good for 30+ points --- and if we aid them in any way (turnovers, short fields, etc.) they could hit high 30's or more. They did shred Colorado and our D and the Colorado D are likely not very far removed from one another. MSU has a D that is vastly superior to our D (at this point in time) --- OSU, and even their fans who are posting here, are laying in the woods --- the Buckeyes have more overall talent than Wisconsin has (though the Badgers have a great QB and OSU has a young soon-to-be great QB who is not there yet). OSU does not go from where they were to a team that "sucks" that fast. They have been bad, but they will right that ship.

Last year I posted before the Texas game that we need to watch out --- most here saw a win over the Horns and I (and some others, though we were in the smaller camp) felt that the Horns would win. When you take teams that talented lightly because they are struggling... they often come back and slap you. Usually talented teams that are struggling struggle against teams that they take lightly --- against teams that are on the big stage and they desperately need to win... they often rise up. Of course, in this whole post, it has been OSU cast as the talented team under-performing (and rightly so)... but NU is also a talented team (albeit not as talented as OSU) who is also under-performing. So we might play better than our "normal" game too. That is what makes this game so interesting and, at the same time... tough to predict... two teams of classic excellence that are spiraling downward... which one fails to lose this game?

On the flip side of that, Miami's defense pretty much shut down OSU's offense. And Miami's D might be worse than ours. So this game is really hard to predict, and it is hard to put a lot into stats. It seems like Ohio State has a Jeckel and Hyde offense, whereas Nebraska's defense has just been consistantly bad. I'm not conceding victory to OSU, but I don't understand where we're getting the confidence that we're going to be able to shut down their offense.

I don't understand the "Ohio State may not even score" sentiment. I don't think people realize Michigan State is #1 in total defense in the entire country. Just because their defense pretty much shut down OSU's offense, doesn't mean we will. Yeah, I get their offense is bad. But our defense is worse. Colorado was shredded by OSU and it would be a stretch to say Nebraska's defense is as "good" as Colorado's.

I agree.

As the week progresses, my instincts tell me that OSU is going to come out and score and score often. Earlier in the week I had OSU by 3 points and scoring in the low 20pt range. I am beginning to sense that OSU might be good for 30+ points --- and if we aid them in any way (turnovers, short fields, etc.) they could hit high 30's or more. They did shred Colorado and our D and the Colorado D are likely not very far removed from one another. MSU has a D that is vastly superior to our D (at this point in time) --- OSU, and even their fans who are posting here, are laying in the woods --- the Buckeyes have more overall talent than Wisconsin has (though the Badgers have a great QB and OSU has a young soon-to-be great QB who is not there yet). OSU does not go from where they were to a team that "sucks" that fast. They have been bad, but they will right that ship.

Last year I posted before the Texas game that we need to watch out --- most here saw a win over the Horns and I (and some others, though we were in the smaller camp) felt that the Horns would win. When you take teams that talented lightly because they are struggling... they often come back and slap you. Usually talented teams that are struggling struggle against teams that they take lightly --- against teams that are on the big stage and they desperately need to win... they often rise up. Of course, in this whole post, it has been OSU cast as the talented team under-performing (and rightly so)... but NU is also a talented team (albeit not as talented as OSU) who is also under-performing. So we might play better than our "normal" game too. That is what makes this game so interesting and, at the same time... tough to predict... two teams of classic excellence that are spiraling downward... which one fails to lose this game?

As a tOSU fan, you are on some serious drugs if you think tOSU is going to score that many points.

tOSU has a lot of talent, but it's useless when you have a coaching staff as bad as tOSU's. This is arguably the worst coaching staff in the history of college football. tOSU is a bottom 25 team and no I am not kidding. Braxton Miller is the clearcut starter but he isn't coached up and the playcalling puts in a bad spot almost every play. MSU isn't a good team....a solid team, but not a good team. tOSU fans were leaving at halftime when tOSU was trailing MSU 7-0.....that's how hopeless this coaching staff and offense is. The stadium was half empty when it went to 10-0. MSU's Kirk "I f'd my" Cousins is a terrible QB and threw 2 moronic INTs and that was tOSU's only hope of scoring a TD. This is without a doubt the ultimate low point of tOSU football and tOSU will finish with a losing record. Even if you say Nebby's defense is bad, it doesn't matter. The offensive playcalling is so vanilla, predictable, and horrible, anybody can stop it. If tOSU scores 14 points against Nebraska, I would consider it a miracle. Realistically, I expect much worse. I say Nebraska wins 24-3.....if Bauserman gets subbed in place of Miller, it will be Nebraska winning 31-0.......bookmark it.

tOSU's defense has been solid this year, but not great. Even so, they should be able to keep Nebraska from scoring a ton. I do have concerns about Nebraska's read option simply because tOSU's defense isn't that fast at the LB position and they routinely get out of position on stretch plays. The DBs are been kind of lukewarm. Against a good QB, they will get burned.

I agree.

As a tOSU fan, you are on some serious drugs if you think tOSU is going to score that many points.

tOSU has a lot of talent, but it's useless when you have a coaching staff as bad as tOSU's. This is arguably the worst coaching staff in the history of college football. tOSU is a bottom 25 team and no I am not kidding. Braxton Miller is the clearcut starter but he isn't coached up and the playcalling puts in a bad spot almost every play. MSU isn't a good team....a solid team, but not a good team. tOSU fans were leaving at halftime when tOSU was trailing MSU 7-0.....that's how hopeless this coaching staff and offense is. The stadium was half empty when it went to 10-0. MSU's Kirk "I f'd my" Cousins is a terrible QB and threw 2 moronic INTs and that was tOSU's only hope of scoring a TD. This is without a doubt the ultimate low point of tOSU football and tOSU will finish with a losing record. Even if you say Nebby's defense is bad, it doesn't matter. The offensive playcalling is so vanilla, predictable, and horrible, anybody can stop it. If tOSU scores 14 points against Nebraska, I would consider it a miracle. Realistically, I expect much worse. I say Nebraska wins 24-3.....if Bauserman gets subbed in place of Miller, it will be Nebraska winning 31-0.......bookmark it.

tOSU's defense has been solid this year, but not great. Even so, they should be able to keep Nebraska from scoring a ton. I do have concerns about Nebraska's read option simply because tOSU's defense isn't that fast at the LB position and they routinely get out of position on stretch plays. The DBs are been kind of lukewarm. Against a good QB, they will get burned.

Well...... ours is schizophrenic.

It sucks Badger.. whether you like tOSU or not, its never a good thing for the Big Ten when they are down.. Just like the Big Ten hasn't been the same since MIchigan has fallen. Ultimatly we all want the Big Ten to be good so we can start competing with the SEC.

At this point, I am just hoping that we dont get lack of institutional, get somre more minor penalties so we can start looking for a new coaching staff next year. Of course, we all hope Urban is getting tired of not coaching as I know this is one of his dream jobs. But I would be happy with the coach from Boise or TCU as well. Gruden is another name that keeps getting thrown around but I think thats doubtful.

I hear Hawkins is available...

Line is currently at 11 and the over/under is 44 points. I thought the line would dip to 9.5/9, but that was before it was announced that Posey and Herron wouldn't be playing.

Posey and Herron wouldn't have made a difference anyways. Jordan Hall is a better RB than Herron is anyways.