Nebraska -10 vs Ohio State

Nebraska -10 favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish we would hurry up and hire Urban Meyer!! :thumbs

While that would be totally amazing to have Urban Meyer calling plays for us, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The man has already proven himself as a successful offensive coordinator and head coach. He would never take a step down the ladder to ben an offensive coordinator for a team like Nebraska...or any team for that matter. His next job will only be as a head coach at a big time university....possibly Ohio State.

I was talking about Ohio State, I'm an Ohio State fan.

Whoops my bad. I can't even begin to imagine what a Nebraska vs Ohio State game would be like if Urban Meyer was the Buckeyes coach. Just seeing Pelini and Meyer on opposite sidelines would be crazy fun to watch!

I apologize that I misunderstood your previous post.

We'll see how we come out in this game. Mad or dejected. I don't know. If Taylor really is as frustrated as his presser suggested then I hope to heaven that Beck puts the ball in Rex's hands...(he should anyway...)

Great point. In all that is happening at NU there are an array of players who we as fans I'd have to think really trust and feel good about. Rex is one of those players. He plays hard every play. He plays physical every play. He gets yardage after contact with regularity. And... he does not appear to wear down readily --- keeps going all game long. If we get him some touches --- many touches and then go play action to our TE Kyler Reed (another guy you gotta love) then that is a recipe for some success. But it all is predicated upon Rex getting the ball and a hole or two opening up for him to open up a play action context. Asking TMart to establish a passing game that is not set up by a running game is a recipe for less than success. Give Rex the ball (and for a change up Green or Heard or Ameer). Try pounding the ball.

well there you go.. the NCAA decided to screw us again.. Posey, Herron will be out this week. Meanwhile, Miami players are back to having hookers whenever they want them.. but i digress.

Committing NCAA violations while under suspension isn't the smartest thing in the world.

well there you go.. the NCAA decided to screw us again.. Posey, Herron will be out this week. Meanwhile, Miami players are back to having hookers whenever they want them.. but i digress.

Hey, we're on self inflicted probation because we gave our student athletes Textbooks. Meanwhile the $EC is giving out hookers and blow.

Hey, we're on self inflicted probation because we gave our student athletes Textbooks. Meanwhile the $EC is giving out hookers and blow.

Yeah, but they're faster at it, so it's ok.

Gene Smith (OSU AD) just announced at a presser that DeVier Posey, Marcus Hall and Boom Herron are not cleared to play this weekend due to an "employment issue."

I gotta say that this is utter BS. Miami has EPIC allegations thrown at them and their guys are cleared to play in a couple of weeks. Ohio State has some guys trade memorabilia for tattoos, and (apparently) earning a little too much cash on a summer job, and that equates to six weeks' suspension?

Someone please tell the NCAA that it is time to close up shop. This is ridiculous.

Wow, you

Gene Smith (OSU AD) just announced at a presser that DeVier Posey, Marcus Hall and Boom Herron are not cleared to play this weekend due to an "employment issue."

I gotta say that this is utter BS. Miami has EPIC allegations thrown at them and their guys are cleared to play in a couple of weeks. Ohio State has some guys trade memorabilia for tattoos, and (apparently) earning a little too much cash on a summer job, and that equates to six weeks' suspension?

Someone please tell the NCAA that it is time to close up shop. This is ridiculous.

Ya, its a joke man...sigh. And they still haven't even given us thier final ruling on the whole tattoo thing.. meanwhile it took them what??? 3 days to figure out the Miami suspension.

Gene Smith says he's confident that lack of institutional control or failure to monitor will not be added to NCAA violations, according to Ari Wasserman.

This whole thing is just a mess. I don't know about you, bringonUrban, but I think a cleaning of house might be in the near future.

It sucks Badger.. whether you like tOSU or not, its never a good thing for the Big Ten when they are down.. Just like the Big Ten hasn't been the same since MIchigan has fallen. Ultimatly we all want the Big Ten to be good so we can start competing with the SEC.

At this point, I am just hoping that we dont get lack of institutional, get somre more minor penalties so we can start looking for a new coaching staff next year. Of course, we all hope Urban is getting tired of not coaching as I know this is one of his dream jobs. But I would be happy with the coach from Boise or TCU as well. Gruden is another name that keeps getting thrown around but I think thats doubtful.

As Stewart Mandel is gleefully pointing out, USC got LOIC for two players screwing up. I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU get an additional set of allegations after this, including LOIC.

And yet, Miami is playing with a full roster. That makes perfect sense to me. :ahhhhhhhh

The difference between us and USC is USC did NOT cooperate with the NCAA and actively tried to hide things. In our situation.. if it rings true is.. Tressel was the only one aware.

It sucks Badger.. whether you like tOSU or not, its never a good thing for the Big Ten when they are down.. Just like the Big Ten hasn't been the same since MIchigan has fallen. Ultimatly we all want the Big Ten to be good so we can start competing with the SEC.

At this point, I am just hoping that we dont get lack of institutional, get somre more minor penalties so we can start looking for a new coaching staff next year. Of course, we all hope Urban is getting tired of not coaching as I know this is one of his dream jobs. But I would be happy with the coach from Boise or TCU as well. Gruden is another name that keeps getting thrown around but I think thats doubtful.

Agreed. I'm sick of the SEC elitism. I really don't have anything against Ohio State. I just want them to sort this whole thing out, because it's really a dark cloud hanging over the Big Ten right now.