Look At The Bright Side.....At Least We're Not In The Big XII...

Aside from the stability standpoint, I didn't think I'd be saying this this season, but.....I'm glad we're in the Big 10 for the weaker opponents. I'm not sure how many husker fans watched K-state and Baylor, but both of those teams looked better than the 'skers. Maybe I'm overreacting a little but honestly, go through the current Big XII and tell me who we beat?

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Texas AM? They only play the first half but I don't think we win that one.

Baylor? If you've seen RGIII play you know the answer to this one. The guy has more TD passes than incompletions and thats against decent secondaries.

Texas? We never beat texas. Period.

Texas Tech? Again, we never beat tech? When was the last time, honestly, i dont know? 1997?

K-State? After watching them beat Miami on the road and following that with a win against Baylor, i want no part of K-State.

Iowa State? Probably a toss up, but we squeeked by them last year and they have looked solid this year and have a win over iowa.

Missouri? Again, toss up. They should have beat ASU on the road and hung with the sooners.

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

Looking at it like this, unless I'm grossy mistaken, NU finishes 7th, 8th, or 9th in the current Big XII. Fortunately, the Big 10 offers us Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, who lost to ISU, Penn St, northwestern, who lost to army but also before Persa came back, and an Ohio State team that is about as bad as us. I don't like how we match up to Michigan or MSU, but it looks to me that Nebraska should still have a 8 or 9 win season.

I guess I was just curious what other husker fans thought about how the two conferences compare.

Aside from the stability standpoint, I didn't think I'd be saying this this season, but.....I'm glad we're in the Big 10 for the weaker opponents. I'm not sure how many husker fans watched K-state and Baylor, but both of those teams looked better than the 'skers. Maybe I'm overreacting a little but honestly, go through the current Big XII and tell me who we beat?

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Baylor? If you've seen RGIII play you know the answer to this one. The guy has more TD passes than incompletions and thats against decent secondaries.

Texas Tech? Again, we never beat tech? When was the last time, honestly, i dont know? 1997?

K-State? After watching them beat Miami on the road and following that with a win against Baylor, i want no part of K-State.

Iowa State? Probably a toss up, but we squeeked by them last year and they have looked solid this year and have a win over iowa.

Missouri? Again, toss up. They should have beat ASU on the road and hung with the sooners.

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

Looking at it like this, unless I'm grossy mistaken, NU finishes 7th, 8th, or 9th in the current Big XII. Fortunately, the Big 10 offers us Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, who lost to ISU, Penn St, northwestern, who lost to army but also before Persa came back, and an Ohio State team that is about as bad as us. I don't like how we match up to Michigan or MSU, but it looks to me that Nebraska should still have a 8 or 9 win season.

I guess I was just curious what other husker fans thought about how the two conferences compare.

You have a point there. The B12 does seem to be looking pretty good and NU would likely struggle there even more than they will in the B10.

We have played the best of the B10 already... so it should get better... right?

Oklahom

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

But aren't you guys getting bored with 8 or 9 win seasons? You haven't done anything better in the last decade or so.

Oklahom

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

But aren't you guys getting bored with 8 or 9 win seasons? You haven't done anything better in the last decade or so.

Absolutely, but after you get blown out on national TV, you try to cheer yourself up and say "i guess 8 or 9 aint so bad" Besides, the ultimate goal of a N.C. is obviously out so we try to stay positive :)

Oklahom

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

I'll play.

Our Wisconsin friend --- in the modern college football era where NU has won 5 National Championships and dozens of conference championships and where we have filled our stadium with fans every seat --- every game --- what were the Badgers doing? Were you bored over that period following a team with virtually no conference championships and not even a sniff of a National Championship hope --- going to a stadium where the fans only show if the team is pretty good (and so was often a stadium with plenty of empty seats)?

See how childish that sounds?

We can throw our history of extreme excellence at you.... but to what end? What is the point?

You can throw your teams last decade at us and say you were better. OK. But were you really that much better. This was NU's worst decade in 40 years --- and Wisconsin's best decade in 40 years --- and you have us this decade by... a little. Our worst of worst against your best of best and you have us by a smidge in that time frame. Hmnn... Should you really be spouting off like that?

Do you really think Wisconsin's football program matches the stature of NU's? Sure... we have currently one of the worst NU teams of the past 40 years --- and you have one of --- if not --- the absolute best Wisconsin team in 40 years --- and yes you blew us away. But really now....

go away.

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

Ok lets look at it this way. With the Big 12 teams I'll give you Texas, Oklahoma and Okie State. As for the others who knows what could happen if we played them for two reasons.

1. We know those teams quite well so we could game plan to their strenghts and weaknesses. The B1G teams we don't know them as of yet. So in a way this is kinda like playing all out of conference games this year since there are no familuarity between the teams.

2. My opinion our offense is playing pretty good, granted they struggled but thats to be expected with a young offense and brand new offensive scheme. Our defense has struggled a lot this year but maybe thats because we were trying to change it up for B1G play. If we are in the Big 12 maybe we keep the same type of schemes and training as we used before. With that we would be able to compete and win most of our north division games and go back to the Big 12 championship. I'm not saying thats what happened but it's a possibility as of why our defense is struggling.

Oklahoma? No

Okie State? Hell No

Kansas? Guaranteed win.

Ok lets look at it this way. With the Big 12 teams I'll give you Texas, Oklahoma and Okie State. As for the others who knows what could happen if we played them for two reasons.

1. We know those teams quite well so we could game plan to their strenghts and weaknesses. The B1G teams we don't know them as of yet. So in a way this is kinda like playing all out of conference games this year since there are no familuarity between the teams.

2. My opinion our offense is playing pretty good, granted they struggled but thats to be expected with a young offense and brand new offensive scheme. Our defense has struggled a lot this year but maybe thats because we were trying to change it up for B1G play. If we are in the Big 12 maybe we keep the same type of schemes and training as we used before. With that we would be able to compete and win most of our north division games and go back to the Big 12 championship. I'm not saying thats what happened but it's a possibility as of why our defense is struggling.

Don't feed it...

Edit: Not sure what happened here, but it took a quote from the wrong person. Was meant for the troll above, with the awesome, insightful post.

First of all I am extremely happy that we are now in the Big Ten. We are a perfect fit for the conference. With that being said, if we were still in the Big 12 today I would still like our chances against those teams. We have to remember many of the players on defense were recruited by Bo & Carl as Safely/Linebacker hybrids to go against many of the spread offenses in the Big 12. Even Bo himself recently admitted that now that we are in the Big Ten we have to start recruiting more true linebackers in the future to go against the bigger offensive lines we will see in the Big Ten.