What is a True Husker Fan?

Plenty of things make me happy...

Consistent offense, long scoring drives, watching the opponent's D line suck wind after having the ball run at them repeatedly, fullback draws, three and outs, Crick crushing somebody...

All those things make me ecstatic. Pretty simple really. I'll be the first one with an attaboy or a "what the hell were you thinking about", thats how it is....

• Fire 1

I'm almost 95 percent sure this is a troll. This thread's only purpose is to cause a reaction.

Wouldn't surprise me.

He talks about being all for the discussion about upcoming games, etc. yet he's not getting involved in any of that. Instead, he's complaining about other people complaining.

Husker B, i am not a troll, just asking the tough questions, that our players and coaches get, to our fans? Why is it different if we have to answer for our comments? Some of you call this a useless thread, yet it to some of us, it is useless to have conversations about Raymond leaving or whether Bo should back his players. Of course he shouldn't. Why on earth should a coach stand up for his players to the media. he should bash them just like everyone else.

Don't get me wrong VA husker fan. I stated that i also like to debate the x and o's and other aspects of the game, but when it transitions to getting personal by bashing players and coaches, who you know will read it or catch wind of it, what good does that do. Questioning a play call and calling a defensive back the worst ever are totally two different things, wouldn't you agree.

Don't get me wrong VA husker fan. I stated that i also like to debate the x and o's and other aspects of the game, but when it transitions to getting personal by bashing players and coaches, who you know will read it or catch wind of it, what good does that do. Questioning a play call and calling a defensive back the worst ever are totally two different things, wouldn't you agree.

I'm with you. Yeah, Saturday's game in Madison was an embarrassing loss as a Husker fan, but from what I have seen, the players and coaches have responded well and shown to everyone that they are a family. This defense WILL be great again, and sooner than later. They are just young.

I support this team, just as much as the next guy.

But I cannot deny the fact there are times when I see T-mart do something and it just makes me just want to pull my hair out. He is going to be our QB, I understand that, but there has to be growth. He's got to make that jump to the next level, if we want to be a perennial contender for the conference and national championships. It's not only on him though. We need coaching on the offensive side of the ball to recognize the skills he posses and utilize those, instead of putting him in situations where his opportunity to fail increases exponentially.

And the offense isn't the only group that needs to step it up. The defense is equally culpable as their counterparts. Past couple of years we had a defense that could make up for where the offense was lacking, but somehow that defensive prowess, attitude, etc, has left the building.

I have no problem with Bo sticking up for his "guys". That's what a coach is supposed to do.

How many times did osborne struggle before he came through for us. How about Frazier? Crouch, Frost....Hell, Frost against ASU was way worse than this Wisconsin game.....but yet we overcame, stuck together and what happened....Oh, and Frost had a terrible throwing motion, but i guess he learned to improvise enough to overcome it the following year.

If this board had existed in 1983 there would have been a meltdown of massive proportion on it. Pretty sure there was an IRC chat or some primitive forum on the internet in 1997 that had a quite the reaction after the ASU game as well. Fan criticism is not something that is new to the Nebraska football program.

Once again, what is your point?

How many times did osborne struggle before he came through for us. How about Frazier? Crouch, Frost....Hell, Frost against ASU was way worse than this Wisconsin game.....but yet we overcame, stuck together and what happened....Oh, and Frost had a terrible throwing motion, but i guess he learned to improvise enough to overcome it the following year.

And the fans said the same things when they struggled too.

How is this anything new?