David sets tone on sideline

David sets tone on sideline

Ohio State had just taken a 27-6 third-quarter lead over the Huskers. Defensive coordinator Carl Pelini threw up his arms in frustration, then crouched on the turf with his miniature white board, furiously scribbling solutions. His defense, solemn, tired and silent, sat around him on a bench. Head coach Bo Pelini yelled a quick criticism. A smattering of boos trickled down from the Memorial Stadium bleachers.

<em><em>

Disorder. Frustration. Defeat.

And this is what senior linebacker Lavonte David did: He stood above his coordinator, faced his whole unit and rapidly tapped his temple. "Be smart!" he said. He did not yell, but he didn't stop, either. "Be smart! Be smart! Stay up! We're not out of this!"

• Fire 1

For the first time in the game after David ripped the ball away, I saw a team that showed some passion and a fire that wasn't there till that point. There was no emotion, no high fives, no Throw the Bones, no pat on the backs, nothing. Until that take away. What is wrong with this teams emotions? You no what, give me back my fiery Bo. If some fans want an easier softer coach, then flood TO's office with e-mails. Watching David on the sidelines after that strip, firing up his team, getting emotional with them. That's what was missing so far this season. Watching Bo go off on the official, for the first time I can remember this season, started to stir the pot. He was hired to build this program back up. He has. He was perfect handling the reporters question as he headed to the locker room at half time. Yeah other coaches don't have to yell to get their point across, Bo is not other coaches. Get off his back and let him do what he was brought here to do.

GBR!!!