What ARE our chances against Michigan?

The defense is about to turn the corner defensively. Stafford is coming around, and I think they might have found something in Chase Rome, and Jean-Bapiste.

Now it would really be something if the defense turned the corner offensively.

I knew something was going to be said once I read it (should make more use of the preview post option).

However, if the defense could pull it off, that would be incredibly benefical.

The defense is about to turn the corner defensively. Stafford is coming around, and I think they might have found something in Chase Rome, and Jean-Bapiste.

Now it would really be something if the defense turned the corner offensively.

I knew something was going to be said once I read it (should make more use of the preview post option).

However, if the defense could pull it off, that would be incredibly benefical.

Yea, but if everyone used the preview post option, then most people would never say what they really mean. Or say what they want to say. They would re-read it and make changes, or think too much. I like the reactionary comments. If we went around previewing our posts, then there would be less politically incorrect stuff, and less real opinions. We would all sound like Knapplc or something. That wouldn't be any fun.

Michigan beat Northwestern despite Shoelaces throwing three INT's. At this juncture unless we improve a ton, there's a slim to none chance of us beating Michigan. Michigan's offense is lightyears ahead of Ohio States. Michigan's defense is pretty decent. Considering we looked like a monkey humping a football for almost three quarters against Ohio State, I could easily see this game as being worse than when we played against Wisconsin. At this juncture in the season according to Rivals, Michigan has a top 10 total defense which is nine spots higher than Ohio State's. Michigan's offense is #21 while Ohio State is 35 spots from the bottom. I give us about as much of a chance to beat Michigan as Lloyd had ending up with Mary.

Michigan beat Northwestern despite Shoelaces throwing three INT's. At this juncture unless we improve a ton, there's a slim to none chance of us beating Michigan. Michigan's offense is lightyears ahead of Ohio States. Michigan's defense is pretty decent. Considering we looked like a monkey humping a football for almost three quarters against Ohio State, I could easily see this game as being worse than when we played against Wisconsin. At this juncture in the season according to Rivals, Michigan has a top 10 total defense which is nine spots higher than Ohio State's. Michigan's offense is #21 while Ohio State is 35 spots from the bottom.

Not a chance in hell Michigan puts a beatdown on us like Wisconsin did. Robinosn is not Russell Wilson, and never will be Russell Wilson.

You're right, Shoelace would absolutely run circles around Russell Wilson. Our D didn't have a lot to hang its hat on until the mobile QB from Ohio State went down with an injury. I can't believe Ohio State actually had the backup as their starter once upon a time. He was absolutely horrible. Robinson isn't a great passer, but he's adequate enough if the D has to put eight in the box to stop him from running. This is why we'll get crushed. It's going to be a damned if you do damned if you don't game. My gut tells me we'll get a chance to see these guys head to head in the Big 10 Championship game.

You're right, Shoelace would absolutely run circles around Russell Wilson. Our D didn't have a lot to hang its hat on until the mobile QB from Ohio State went down with an injury. I can't believe Ohio State actually had the backup as their starter once upon a time. He was absolutely horrible. Robinson isn't a great passer, but he's adequate enough if the D has to put eight in the box to stop him from running. This is why we'll get crushed. It's going to be a damned if you do damned if you don't game. My gut tells me we'll get a chance to see these guys head to head in the Big 10 Championship game.

Sure Robinson could run circles around Wilson. My point was that Wilson is the best QB we will play all year (Cousins doesnt have the mobility, and Persa is not 100%). Robsinson has been turnover prone for the last 3 years, NW bailed out Michigan because they couldnt bail their own QB out. If Persa had any help around him Michigan would not have won that game.

Michigan beat Northwestern despite Shoelaces throwing three INT's. At this juncture unless we improve a ton, there's a slim to none chance of us beating Michigan. Michigan's offense is lightyears ahead of Ohio States. Michigan's defense is pretty decent. Considering we looked like a monkey humping a football for almost three quarters against Ohio State, I could easily see this game as being worse than when we played against Wisconsin. At this juncture in the season according to Rivals, Michigan has a top 10 total defense which is nine spots higher than Ohio State's. Michigan's offense is #21 while Ohio State is 35 spots from the bottom.

Not a chance in hell Michigan puts a beatdown on us like Wisconsin did. Robinosn is not Russell Wilson, and never will be Russell Wilson.

Michigan's D might not hold us down like Wisconsin did but Michigan's O imho is going to rack up as many if not more on our defense then Wisconsin did. Michigan more then likely beats us by 14. Provided Michigan doesn't collapse between now and then like they did last year.

All in all we have 3 games left that are potential losses for us.

Sure Robinson could run circles around Wilson. My point was that Wilson is the best QB we will play all year (Cousins doesnt have the mobility, and Persa is not 100%). Robsinson has been turnover prone for the last 3 years, NW bailed out Michigan because they couldnt bail their own QB out. If Persa had any help around him Michigan would not have won that game.

I'll grant you that Wilson is the best QB we will play. I'd even go as far as to say he's one of if not the best in college football. However, I'd rather face Wilson any day of the week than a guy like RG3 down there in Baylor or Shoelace at Michigan. Our DE's got pinched into the middle of the field something fierce against Ohio State. If they do that against Michigan, Robinson will more than likely have 150+ yards rushing.

Wilson > Robinson, If you watched Wilson at NC St its pretty clear the guy can run he just hasn't really needed to in Madison. He's also the better throwing QB. You've faced your worst this season I think though Denard won't be a joke. The game will not be more than two scores in either direction...it won't be a beatdown

Wilson > Robinson, If you watched Wilson at NC St its pretty clear the guy can run he just hasn't really needed to in Madison. He's also the better throwing QB. You've faced your worst this season I think though Denard won't be a joke. The game will not be more than two scores in either direction...it won't be a beatdown

We've definitely shown the ability to not even show up for the first 2 1/2 quarters now in two games against Ohio State and Fresno State. Neither of those teams are worldbeaters on offense at all. If we do this against Michigan, we'll be so far behind after 2 1/2 quarters that it will be a beatdown.

We've definitely shown the ability to not even show up for the first 2 1/2 quarters now in two games against Ohio State and Fresno State. Neither of those teams are worldbeaters on offense at all. If we do this against Michigan, we'll be so far behind after 2 1/2 quarters that it will be a beatdown.

Michigan is not the worldbeater like you think they are. They started this fast last year too. At one point they were 5-0 in 2010, and collapsed. Yes they have a new coach, and whole new staff. But they havnt played a decent team to this point. Notre Dame is nothing special. They will not beat us down. If they do, I will more than gladily eat my fair share of crow. I have faith in Bo, and his ability to game plan for a one demintional offense like UM's.

I'm a very optimistic person, I know. But after last weeks comeback win, I see the team really buying in. This bye week came at the perfect time IMO. Its no secret that our defense has had huge struggles, especially against running quaterbacks. But I still have full faith in the Pelini brothers to get things figured out on D. I don't see us dropping another game until the B1G Championship Game.