Nebraska-Ohio State ESPN3 Replay

zoogs

NU-OSU ESPN3 online replay link

For those who get ESPN3, this game was blacked out but the replay is now up. Probably has been for a while but I thought I'd link to it so others can enjoy it, too. I would encourage you to start at the 02:15:30 mark, but to each his own!

Also this is a great opportunity to go back to the game film and put up screen shots of different things we saw or liked out of the scheme in this game. Whether you're making gifs or doing film breakdown. Let's have some! And on that note, what's up with this guy being looking so stern and solemn as he claps at David's fumble recovery?

davidfumblerecovery.png

Turn that frown, upside down! :)

I have the game on DVR, and I'm DVRing the replay (because it's shorter, so I can keep it), but I'd love to be able to access ESPN3 for this HD online version. Apparently we don't get it in Lincoln? :dunno

Its because Time Warner(assuming that is you IP?) is a bunch of tight wads and provide ESPN3 service to their customers. There are about 400 IP's on that list, but yet TWC isn't. I used to watch replays all the time on my xbox, but I cant now, its is really irritating.

Yeah ESPN3 access depends entirely on your internet service provider company.

I don't actually have a television set, so online is the best I can do.

I've seen several people talk about how Aaron Green was open on that play with Enunwa and was wondering what the hoopla was about. Duh, checkdowns have been open all year. Now I know what they mean. Aaron Green was running right to the endzone completely uncovered.

aarongreen.png

Credit Beck for drawing up this play. Really got them bad with it.

I've seen several people talk about how Aaron Green was open on that play with Enunwa and was wondering what the hoopla was about. Duh, checkdowns have been open all year. Now I know what they mean. Aaron Green was running right to the endzone completely uncovered.

aarongreen.png

i've been looking for this, after hearing what others were saying. did not imagine he was THAT open. holy moly. i thought he might be open under, but with no clear path to the endzone, but he was open alright.

that's just good though, because t-mart did not make a bad choice just because he did not make the best choice. enunwa had his guy beat.

aarongreen.png

Oh. My. God. That's ridiculously wide open, and Martinez threw it into what amounted to triple coverage. It just makes you sigh.

Like I said. This game wasn't proof that he's there. He just made progress.

Baby steps.

Oh. My. God. That's ridiculously wide open, and Martinez threw it into what amounted to triple coverage. It just makes you sigh.

Like I said. This game wasn't proof that he's there. He just made progress.

Baby steps.

their defense totally broke down when we used the diamond. where was it before?

I can't fault Taylor for throwing it to Enunwa though, he was the #1 read and he was open. Not really triple coverage - might look that way from the screencap, but Enunwa had snuck behind their safety and had everyone beat.

The question is what Taylor would have done if they had someone over the top of Enunwa. I hope Taylor would be able to find Green in that case, don't know. In any case I hope we bring plays like this back. That formation was deadly and responsible for two TDs.

He made a perfect throw and still takes some flak, luckily he didnt over throw Enunwa, (and we end up losing) everyone would be throwing a fit.

I'm not trying to be too hard on him. I don't mean it to come off that way. He did put it in there quite nicely, and Enunwa did have his guy(s) beat.

He made a perfect throw and still takes some flak, luckily he didnt over throw Enunwa, (and we end up losing) everyone would be throwing a fit.

as long as he didn't under throw it, really. that is a play which demonstrates something our offenses have not had in years: an embarrassment of riches.

what really would have been worse is a bad throw to a wide open green.