Buckeyes reviews of Neb.

Hey, they got the band part right. Our band is absolutely awful.

Wow. You know nothing about music if you think our band is awful. Just because they aren't as flashy as the other B1G bands, it doesn't make them bad. Musically, we have one of the best bands in the country.

Clearly you were in the band so I think I need to clarify. Musically you might be very good. But as far as providing football pageantry... Volume, marching, pumping up the crowd and general flashiness and excitement.... there is just not much there. Flag corps is never is sync. The pregame stuff is mediocre, but has tradition going for it at least. But at the last 2 Big12 champ games Texas and OU's bands just made ours look silly. And feel free to ignore my opinion.

You really think OU's band outdid us? Yes, I'm sure them playing Boomer Sooner after every single play was quite impressive to everyone.

I'll agree with you on one thing: the color guard is never in sync. I don't know what it is with them.

ummm...who cares? I came to watch a football game, not the band.

As someone who was a band geek in college: I agree with you.

The fight songs, stands tunes, etc. are great, but how many people honestly care about the marching band's pregame/halftime shows?

Bingo.

I wouldn't say your band is horrible - but definitely not one of the better ones. I have never been a fan of their marching style or precisions though.

I will say that the crowd was much more into this game than any of the others I have been to - I actually ended up standing for about 90% of the game, but I have never been all that impressed with the noise levels in Memorial. I am not sure if it is due to the architecture letting the sound out or just too many people not making noise. Memorial - imo - also has a problem with how far away from the field the stands start. That does have an affect on the effectiveness of the sound on the field.

I did have to laugh when I was watching the OSU cheerleaders. They would start to do some of their stunts and then remember, oh yeah we can't do that here and so their moves would turn into some sort of weird half lifted hugging as they put the girls back down.

The 3 reviews seem to be genuine and accurate. Based on what I had heard about various B1G teams prior to the last 2 games I thought possibly OSU might have some nasty fans and that Wiscy fans might be a little more hospitable. I stand corrected on both. Out of all of them Neb may be most like OSU. BTW the 180 spur does basically end at the stadium.

I think most fan bases have their fair share of drunk a-holes or just plain a-holes. I have been to Columbus for games and they are there as well. I have been to OSU games at IU where OSU fans take over the town and IU students and Bloomington residents certainly do not roll out the welcome mat.

While I enjoy our band and certainly don't think they're awful... they don't seem to be especially amazing either.

I have no clue what they can change, but there just doesn't seem to be anything unique about the experience.

Wisconsin sent portions of their band to play at various entrances and in front of sections in the second half to keep the entertainment going, which I thought was pretty cool and a nice change.

It's all about tradition. If Tony Falcone changed anything about the band, all the blue hairs would be up in arms about it. Trust me, all the band members want to make everything about the band more exciting.

Hey all, big ten schools take their bands very seriously. Its all part of the big ten experience. There is just as big of a rivalry between some of the bands as there is on the football field such as tOSU marching band and Michigans.

At Ohio Stadium most people make sure they are in the seats before the band comes down the ramp.. its just a tradition. I can't speak for Nebraska's band as I wasn't there.

Did tOSU perform script Ohio?

Wow.. that is quite shocking. They almost always make the away games.. especially big ones.

Interesting.

Well next year you can get a chance to witness TBDBITL (nickname for tOSU marching band) Make sure you get to your seats before the ramp entrance, which in my opinion is better than script. You can see in this video how crazy the crowd gets with the band and how the entire stadium breaks out into singing the fight song. Can't wait for next year.. hope we give you a better second quarter at least..hehe

Agreed, after being in Madison our band looks like a high school marching band... Band wise we were a big deal in the Big 12, and the Big 10 has us looking silly.

Please tell me you're joking. I've never seen Wisconsin's whole band perform, but I have seen their drumline, and I can say with confidence that they have one of the worst college drumlines I have ever seen. :boxosoap

TBDBITL almost never makes road trips.

They make the trip to a.a. everytime. And they were up at East Lansing for the 2006 when I made the trip. Outside of that I have never seen them on the road(personally, I know they made the trip to the Twin Cities last year but I wasn't there)

The only reason why they went to Austin in 2006 is because an rich alumnus paid for the trip. They didn't make the trip to LA,Seattle,Miami,etc

Agreed, after being in Madison our band looks like a high school marching band... Band wise we were a big deal in the Big 12, and the Big 10 has us looking silly.

Please tell me you're joking. I've never seen Wisconsin's whole band perform, but I have seen their drumline, and I can say with confidence that they have one of the worst college drumlines I have ever seen. :boxosoap

I would have to disagree. Wisconsin does not have a good band and being that Nebraska has won a Sudler Trophy and Wisconsin has not says a lot since its the only award foundation for Marching bands. This is a one time trophy so once you win it, you cannot win it again. Basiclly, that means the sooner you win it, the better you are.

1982 University of Michigan 1983 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 1984 The Ohio State University 1985 Florida A&M University 1986 University of Texas at Austin 1987 University of Oklahoma 1988 Michigan State University 1989 University of Kansas 1990 University of Iowa 1991 Arizona State University 1992 Northwestern University 1993 University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) 1994 James Madison University 1995 Purdue University

1996 University of Nebraska–Lincoln 1997 West Virginia University 1998 University of Massachusetts 1999 Texas Tech University 2000 University of Georgia 2001 Texas A&M University 2002 Louisiana State University 2003 University of Alabama 2004 Auburn University 2005 The Pennsylvania State University 2006 University of Arkansas 2007 Indiana University 2009 Western Carolina University 2011 University of Notre Dame

I would have to disagree. Wisconsin does not have a good band and being that Nebraska has won a Sudler Trophy and Wisconsin has not says a lot since its the only award foundation for Marching bands. This is a one time trophy so once you win it, you cannot win it again. Basiclly, that means the sooner you win it, the better you are.

1982 University of Michigan 1983 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 1984 The Ohio State University 1985 Florida A&M University 1986 University of Texas at Austin 1987 University of Oklahoma 1988 Michigan State University 1989 University of Kansas 1990 University of Iowa 1991 Arizona State University 1992 Northwestern University 1993 University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) 1994 James Madison University 1995 Purdue University

1996 University of Nebraska–Lincoln 1997 West Virginia University 1998 University of Massachusetts 1999 Texas Tech University 2000 University of Georgia 2001 Texas A&M University 2002 Louisiana State University 2003 University of Alabama 2004 Auburn University 2005 The Pennsylvania State University 2006 University of Arkansas 2007 Indiana University 2009 Western Carolina University 2011 University of Notre Dame

Oh shoot. Our band sucks.