March Grandioso

dergibog

In the band's pregame tribute to the four sides of the stadium, I got a good laugh. During the march grandioso, two students in the front of the east stadium student section held up small signs. "Bo" "Pelini", then again, then "Bo" "and" "Carl". A bunch of us started singing. It was a good time and I can't stop singing it to myself.

Go ahead try it... you know you want to.

The March Grandioso was in an old history video about the Crusades.

BTW, the Ohio guy that thought the band wasn't good doesn't understand that those band traditions go way back, at least to the late 50's or early 60's when I started going to games as a little kid.

I think that guy was talking more about the band before they make their way into the stadium. They don't really do anything cool as compared to other teams, especially their drum lines

Sad, but true.

This.

If anything, our band should be stealing ideas taking cues from the away venues we visit in the Big 10 this year to incorporate into our own pre-game.

And my wife was a band geek and watches these things (when the frakin' TV coverage allows) closely. She likes the band well enough, but has wished that we did more, even on the road.

The student section has to start singing that song...it's absolutely hilarious. AND CAR-R-R-R-R-L

They already do. At least when I sat in East stadium last year we did. It's fun to sing along and even the drunkies can keep up.

I meant the entire student section

Most people do. It'll keep catching on I hope

I think that guy was talking more about the band before they make their way into the stadium. They don't really do anything cool as compared to other teams, especially their drum lines

Sad, but true.

This.

If anything, our band should be stealing ideas taking cues from the away venues we visit in the Big 10 this year to incorporate into our own pre-game.

And my wife was a band geek and watches these things (when the frakin' TV coverage allows) closely. She likes the band well enough, but has wished that we did more, even on the road.

I don't understand what's wrong with pregame. The halftime shows are boring, yeah, but pregame is pretty exciting, if you ask me. :dunno