NU fans at Minnesota

Excel

I live in MPLS and can't be more excited to go to the game. I have family and friends coming up from South Dakota and Wyoming for the game. Gonna be great.

Here are some links to pay attention to for your trip to the Twin Cities and TCF. I mostly go to campus for basketball and hockey games so if I am not entirely accurate on football gameday procedures or have left something out feel free to correct me and I will try to update as well.

As far as I know the game is sold out through the team website but the usual secondary market avenues are available: ebay, stubhub, craigslist.

The Gopher Gameday website: http://www.gophersports.com/gameday/

Stadium Guide Website - pay special note to parking information. The large majority of parking around the stadium is either pay lot/ramp or residential street parking. All of the main lots/ramps around the stadium that i know of are for season ticket pass holders only. So likely you get street parking or West Bank/State fairgrounds parking. There is a shuttle that brings you to and from the games. I haven't ridden so I don't know how that part works or the route other than what the map on the website shows. I am not a U student or alum so I don't know that much about campus but I do know there are other ramps around (not necessarily know where) but I am referring to the main ramps. If you want to park in the street, get there plenty early. Gates open 2 hours before gametime.

Tailgating is generally only allowed in specific lots, as seen on the Stadium Guide website or found here. I generally believe that U of M has good fans and if you don't have a tailgate spot yourself, then if you are like my dad, you will end up making friends with everyone and hang out at their tailgate spots.

This week is Homecoming and there are plenty of festivities going on. Atmosphere concert Friday night, I recommend for the hip hop crowds. http://homecoming.umn.edu/ Gophers Hockey is playing Friday and Sunday for added entertainment on campus.

I am not much for the bar scene but I am sure there are plenty of people on this site who know and can recommend. Although, Joe Sensors in Bloomington is a great Gameday watching Husker friendly bar.

Anything else and I probably can answer your question, emphasis on probably.

I live in MPLS and can't be more excited to go to the game. I have family and friends coming up from South Dakota and Wyoming for the game. Gonna be great.

Here are some links to pay attention to for your trip to the Twin Cities and TCF. I mostly go to campus for basketball and hockey games so if I am not entirely accurate on football gameday procedures or have left something out feel free to correct me and I will try to update as well.

As far as I know the game is sold out through the team website but the usual secondary market avenues are available: ebay, stubhub, craigslist.

The Gopher Gameday website: http://www.gophersports.com/gameday/

Stadium Guide Website - pay special note to parking information. The large majority of parking around the stadium is either pay lot/ramp or residential street parking. All of the main lots/ramps around the stadium that i know of are for season ticket pass holders only. So likely you get street parking or West Bank/State fairgrounds parking. There is a shuttle that brings you to and from the games. I haven't ridden so I don't know how that part works or the route other than what the map on the website shows. I am not a U student or alum so I don't know that much about campus but I do know there are other ramps around (not necessarily know where) but I am referring to the main ramps. If you want to park in the street, get there plenty early. Gates open 2 hours before gametime.

Tailgating is generally only allowed in specific lots, as seen on the Stadium Guide website or found here. I generally believe that U of M has good fans and if you don't have a tailgate spot yourself, then if you are like my dad, you will end up making friends with everyone and hang out at their tailgate spots.

This week is Homecoming and there are plenty of festivities going on. Atmosphere concert Friday night, I recommend for the hip hop crowds. http://homecoming.umn.edu/ Gophers Hockey is playing Friday and Sunday for added entertainment on campus.

I am not much for the bar scene but I am sure there are plenty of people on this site who know and can recommend. Although, Joe Sensors in Bloomington is a great Gameday watching Husker friendly bar.

Anything else and I probably can answer your question, emphasis on probably.

I agree on this, but I have recently stopped going there when I found out his wife hit somebody and killed them, drove off and left them for dead and tried to hide the truth for nearly a month. I say don't support rich folks who think they are above the law. Spend your money elsewhere.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6974394/ex-minnesota-vikings-te-joe-senser-wife-amy-charged-fatal-hit-run

How many of you are making the trip to the cities? I know its two weeks out but are the local outlets reporting any projections like they did for the UW game?

I want to see that place decked out in red! I checked U of M's ticketing and they're only $70...get on it.

Damn, you're on these boards a lot now. :) Not that it's a bad thing.

Vested interest, or has DoNU become a second favorite of yours?

He just wants to Badger any Minnesota residents about Gopher/Viking football. :P

Not all that certain there is such a thing as Go4 / ViQueen football.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I would think that tickets would be a cinch to get, with the season that they are *not* having. The only fans of Minnesota will be the die hards, and the ones that want to be a part of history with it being Nebraska's first Big Ten game there. I hope that there is a lot of red in the stands. Wish I could get a load up there.... :(

I would think that tickets would be a cinch to get, with the season that they are *not* having. The only fans of Minnesota will be the die hards, and the ones that want to be a part of history with it being Nebraska's first Big Ten game there. I hope that there is a lot of red in the stands. Wish I could get a load up there.... :(

I have been following tickets on various sites since they were released any only recently did prices start to drop. Surprising, considering Minny is 1-5. Minny does have A LOT of die hard fans but in this case probably not enough to overwhelm the demand Nebraska fans are putting out. So far singles are coming down nicely but pairs or more have only gone down 10-20 bucks on average depending on the location. Typical this far out from game day around here.

If you are in Minny, Craigslist has had some really great deals pop up including parking passes for the tailgating lots. If my family weren't coming up (increasing my desire to have tickets secured well in advance), I would be all over craigslist or even wait until game day to buy off Stubhub and print at home. Waiting close to kickoff to scalp isn't my style but I have done so before and also gotten some great deals.

But tickets for this game, like any usually, are easy to come by but for the price you want? That is a different story. Just depends on your avenues and your willingness to spend.

My wife and I are heading up Thursday. Were also wanting to tailgate. Seems as if the fair grounds lot is the only one that allows game day parking (no pass) and tailgating. So I'm thinking thats where most huskers will end up? We don't want to be surrounded my gophers lol. We will probably do suzies Friday night and Sensors for post game.

How many of you are making the trip to the cities? I know its two weeks out but are the local outlets reporting any projections like they did for the UW game?

I want to see that place decked out in red! I checked U of M's ticketing and they're only $70...get on it.

Damn, you're on these boards a lot now. :) Not that it's a bad thing.

Vested interest, or has DoNU become a second favorite of yours?

I don't like Minnesota and I enjoy rooting for NU as long as they're not playing UW, so a little bit of both. You guys have a fun team to be a fan of I'll give you that...

My uncle is a booster for the University of Minnesota and he gave my Fiance and myself his tickets... 40 yard line.. lower level 28 rows up!

Great uncle....idiot booster giving tickets to rival fans.

Faith...family...football.. That order.

He followed that order!

You're going to owe him a beer at the very least after that game, he's going to need it.