Big Ten Trip of a Lifetime - Year 5

Since you're staying in Gretna, may as well hit Parker's Smokehouse on the way in if you like BBQ.

Much to the ire of Husker Nation I'll just come right out and say it...Val's is overrated, Runza is overrated (burgers are good for fast food though) and the Misty's on Havlock is a dump! The food is good at Misty's, but the Havlock location is in desperate need of a renovation. Go to the location downtown and just imagine a case with old football helmets in it, because that's all you'll be missing. Plan on total parking mayhem and crowds anywhere downtown and in the haymarket.

• Fire 1

Is there an "official beer" of Nebraska that isn't a Budweiser or Miller / Coors product?

Lazlo's in Lincoln (in the Hay Market) has some really good brews. Not official beer...but good stuff. Micro brew. Thirdstone Brown is one of my favs. Other than micro brews, I don't think there is any major beer maker in NE.

NE used to have Falstaff! Long gone tho........

Soaring Wings winery is good....and in Springfield, not too far from Gretna. Good tour for a great price.

Don't listen to the Runza haters....they are good man. If you want to be guiltless, get a cheese Runza and dip it in their homemade ranch with a side of large fries! I only eat fast food once or twice a year...and that's what I get.

Most people from out of state aren't fond of runzas, it is bit of an aquired taste. I recommend the valentinos pizza at the game.

Is it weird that I love Runzas but I find Val's pizza to be disgusting?

I actually find both of these things horrible espcially the pizza. I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe after shuffling through dog sh#t. Besides steak, Nebraska is void of any distinct food.

Most people from out of state aren't fond of runzas, it is bit of an aquired taste. I recommend the valentinos pizza at the game.

Is it weird that I love Runzas but I find Val's pizza to be disgusting?

I actually find both of these things horrible espcially the pizza. I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe after shuffling through dog sh#t. Besides steak, Nebraska is void of any distinct food.

Prove it

Don't listen to the Runza haters....they are good man. If you want to be guiltless, get a cheese Runza and dip it in their homemade ranch with a side of large fries! I only eat fast food once or twice a year...and that's what I get.

Wait... how is that guiltless? I was confused about cheese being healthy so I went to their website and the cheese runza is more calories than the original :P

(The whole meal is 960 without ranch). But maybe that has nothing to do with what you were trying to say.

Besides steak, Nebraska is void of any distinct food.

You obviously haven't eaten corn on the cob while in California

• Fire 1

Wait... how is that guiltless? I was confused about cheese being healthy so I went to their website and the cheese runza is more calories than the original :P

(The whole meal is 960 without ranch). But maybe that has nothing to do with what you were trying to say.

People have guilt issues over what they eat?

The only way I'd ever feel guilty is if I ordered the 4 pound steak at Texas T-Bone and didn't finish it.

Didn't meant to start a fight over fast food in Nebraska!

We love BBQ and trying new BBQ, may have to try out.

For the record, we're staying at the Super 8 in Gretna, from checking out Google Streets, it looks like it's right next to Nebraska Crossing Factory Stores.

Everyone has been a great help so far....we are really looking forward to the trip.