Mizzou-now THATS an exciting offense

Who takes the fall when a team has concentration issues? The penalties are insane. Dropped passes, turnovers isnt that about focus? Its not the "complex" offense that is killing this team it is lack of execution,focus and motivation. All the things the coach is supposed to instill in his players. If the basics cant get done then how can we expect them to get complex. I dont think it is unfair to say that someone could or should be fired if they cant teach the basics. What has this coach shown you that makes you think he will be able to do it? Remember he took someone elses team to a superbowl and the next year his team fell apart because of lack of discipline,focus and no team unity. The potential is here but who is gonna bring it out?

Is the D gonna keep spotting teams 14-21 pts? whose fault is that? The head coach may not call the plays or schemes but he has the first right of refusal.

I am just stating facts so sorry if you feel like your in a girls locker room

Here is the sad thing once Callahan is fired how many more years will we have to watch an offense be retooled.

So what you're saying is that Callahan is gone? Osborne did many 9-3 seasons and "survived".

I read many threads on this board and sometimes I wonder why I even bother reading, let alone post here.

One thread praised Blake's recruiting skills, Cosgrove's revival of the Blackshirts and this Offense that now has the ability to return from great deficits. The next thing you hear is that we have the worst coaching staff in the country.

Correct me if I am wrong, but during the recruiting season I could've swore that many of us agreed it would take a couple of years (meaning this and the next) for Nebraska to return to it's usual dominance.

9 times out of 10 if Nebraska loses this place turns into a girls locker room.

and oh yeah after today 9-3 would be a treat

When you mention "all the penalties" you're referring to the O-line I presume? These guys have problems that go a lot deeper than focus. I think it may have something to do with them being BAD. I think the refs should let our guys get a head start.. they still wouldn't be able to block anyone. I'm only being so critical of our O-line because I know they can't seriously be as bad as we've seen. They played much better last year but it's just getting hard to watch this year.

I though the team came out flat today. No excitement, no emotion. After they realized they were getting their A$$e$ handed to them the fought back and knotted it up. Once one bad thing happened after that they fell apart. Football is a game of adversity. You must be able to overcome adversity. We have had a few injuries, made some mistakes, especially fumbling the ball, and made too many penalties. The team needs to overcome this and play on with an attitude.

Lucky about broke a couple returns.

I wouldn't call a 25-35 yd return breaking. They were good returns, but look who caught passes, peterson, swift, nunn might have had 1, not much else. Ross looked good on some plays, but they quit going to him.

He said ABOUT broke

Lucky about broke a couple returns.

I wouldn't call a 25-35 yd return breaking. They were good returns, but look who caught passes, peterson, swift, nunn might have had 1, not much else. Ross looked good on some plays, but they quit going to him.

He said ABOUT broke

There are many plays where we about break plays, except for the 1 or 2 defenders that do their job, stay in their lane, and make a tackle.

Face it the entire team went backwards today. Penalties, missed blocks, dropped passes and no game plan. When the game was tied at 24, there was no attempt to run the ball. Oh, wait we ran it once and then passed twice and punted. That was the game plan. The defense which padded it's stats against Maine, Wake and Pitt is playing at it's true level facing real competition and yes I realize they have some injuries.

The potential is here but who is gonna bring it out?

The players themselves have to bring it out of each other. They have to have the will to win. They must WANT to win; and I'm sure they do. Once the team starts having "fun" winning I think you'll see a major turn around.

I was never in the Husker locker room during the mid-90's so I don't know how Osborne talked to those players, but the way they were playing as a team I am sure he didn't have to say much. They fed off each other.

I have faith that Nebraska will return to the glory days.

"You gotta believe".

As I type this... Baylor 6 OU 0 Gotta love those rollercoaster programs. ;)

will for me, i refuse to get on the bitch wagon.......i didn't see or even hear the game, but can only assume we got "out played" and Mizzou wanted this game worse then we did.....hell maybe Cally and Coz even got out coached a little bit too, but AGAIN it should be obvious we don't have all the pieces to the puzzle...especially O linemen, which i constantly brood about as far as our recruiting goes.....we need to concentrate on filling those positions....anyway, yes we threw a cluker, but the team showed again it can come back.....time to recoup and get ready for the next one.......we can rebound from a big loss, i see no reason why we shouldn't......and i expect a couple more losses, but i still see where we are headed, we just don't have all the players to get there yet....but we will get there...............hang in fans........hang in.....

hunter

:yeah

Improvement is NEVER a smooth, even trend upward. Its always 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Today, NU took one step backward. Despite the poor performance with both OL and DL, I can see glimmers of hope. Zac Taylor took a beating today and never gave up. Swift caught 9 passes and his first TD. Peterson caught another TD. Nunn had his worst day this year, but with other WR developing, the pressure isn't all on him. Our rushing game collapsed along with the OL pass defense. This game is part of the maturing process, NOT the end of our season.

Former Fan, I want you to go out there and recruit a Tom Frazier, or a Scott Frost, or a Brad Smith, etc, and bring him to NU. Then I want you to go out there and coach the kids to victory.

Obviously, you don't like the way things are going, and Loses only fuel your ability to 'express your opinion'

I was going to say "well, what are you going to do about it?"

But then I realized - you're doing all you can; whining.

:woo

Former Fan, I want you to go out there and recruit a Tom Frazier, or a Scott Frost, or a Brad Smith, etc, and bring him to NU. Then I want you to go out there and coach the kids to victory.

Obviously, you don't like the way things are going, and Loses only fuel your ability to 'express your opinion'

I was going to say "well, what are you going to do about it?"

But then I realized - you're doing all you can; whining.

:woo

BINGO! Well said....... :clap