Mizzou-now THATS an exciting offense

Also, if you dont go to NU games, then your opinion doesnt count and no one cares what you say.

:ban

Glad to hear it, cause Ive been to a couple of games this year, the guys on here will vouch for me :thumbs

Don't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, but you do realize that by purchasing 2 tickets this year you have delivered the message that you are Nebraska Cornhusker supporter, a Steve Pederson supporter and a supporter of what is going on at the University? In their eyes, on the bottom line, they see your dollars, they see you as a supporter, simple as that. I know you complain and complain and complain on here, but if you really want to do some good about what you think is wrong here, then don't go to the games and don't buy new Husker gear.

Absolutely I realize that, but sometimes you have to go with your heart, even if it means going against your head. I love the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln as much as anybody, it is so intoxicating :wasted

Its a catch-22: you want to support the team you have supported all your life and you have grown up with, the one you spent every Saturday afternoon with, and you cried for after huge losses. You miss the one that had given you so much pleasure, and mixed in a little heartache. Its hard to make a clean break, and you absolutely HATE seeing it crumble, but at the same time you loathe those who run it.

You want so badly to support the program, the players, the traditions that once made it great, but to do show supposedly shows support to those whom you feel have betrayed your trust and loyalty, who have been self-serving and egocentric, and who have embarrassed, divided, and have almost detroyed it.

As a fan, what do you do????????

Gee let me shed a tear for you!

Absolutely I realize that, but sometimes you have to go with your heart, even if it means going against your head. I love the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln as much as anybody, it is so intoxicating :wasted

Its a catch-22: you want to support the team you have supported all your life and you have grown up with, the one you spent every Saturday afternoon with, and you cried for after huge losses.  You miss the one that had given you so much pleasure, and mixed in a little heartache. Its hard to make a clean break, and you absolutely HATE seeing it crumble, but at the same time you loathe those who run it.

You want so badly to support the program, the players, the traditions that once made it great, but to do show supposedly shows support to those whom you feel have betrayed your trust and loyalty, who have been self-serving and egocentric, and who have embarrassed, divided, and have almost detroyed it.

Gee let me shed a tear for you!

Gee, you just dont understand :dumdum I NEVER would have thought that :sarcasm

change your name to 'formerfan', predict DOOM for the program and carry on and on about how the team sucks?

and then, when they lose, jump all over the board, gleefully gloating about how you right all along, the team will never get better and feel the warm glow of schadenfreude?

you go you. w00t.

i was wondering why we didn't have a wave of tigger fans rush the board and gloat over their win. gotta feeling they took one look at your posts and said, "man... no way i can compete with hate like that... think i'd better just stay home and watch 'Dukes of Hazard, season 2'..."

seriously man. find another team. if this team is breaking your heart *so* much, then why post here other than the fact that you love poking your finger in the eye of huskernation week after week.

seriously, it gets old. i can usually just tune you out, but after saturday, you damned near busted your wad with joy when nebraska lost.

and i can't be the *only*one seeing this.

i don't want to call anyone a troll, but it got even me wondering...

All I know is that when NU has had great success, we didn't seem to have a problem getting a player like BS into a red and white uniform (TF, Berringer, Crouch, Newcombe, Frost). Now, it seems we can't get anything other than a Wake Forest reject into one.

Just think what Brad Smith could do if he had the O-Line and Running Backs Brook, Tommie, and Frost had. The guy is a stud now and he has never had a big time back beside him.

Would Frost of been a Stanford reject?

Yes and no. He was a Stanford reject at QB because he just wasn't an adequate enough passer for their scheme. No, they wanted him to stay and play in the defensive backfield. In terms of his career in the pros, I don't know which move would have prepared him more. If he'd stayed and played in the defensive backfield at Stanford, he'd have been more prepared. However, I don't think any player on Stanford's D gets much attention. By playing QB at Nebraska, he made the headlines and I'm sure a lot more people in the pros actually saw him for what he was. A great athlete, just not a pro style QB.

There is a signficant difference between Frost and Taylor. Frost could actually be moved around on the football field and play various positions. Taylor doesn't enjoy this luxury because he just isn't fast enough. Taylor has guts and he has heart which those two things alone make him a lot better than Dailey. But let's see him for what he is, a bandaid until Beck and the incoming freshman grasp the offense.

change your name to 'formerfan', predict DOOM for the program and carry on and on about how the team sucks?

and then, when they lose, jump all over the board, gleefully gloating about how you right all along, the team will never get better and feel the warm glow of schadenfreude?

you go you. w00t.

i was wondering why we didn't have a wave of tigger fans rush the board and gloat over their win. gotta feeling they took one look at your posts and said, "man... no way i can compete with hate like that... think i'd better just stay home and watch 'Dukes of Hazard, season 2'..."

seriously man. find another team. if this team is breaking your heart *so* much, then why post here other than the fact that you love poking your finger in the eye of huskernation week after week.

seriously, it gets old. i can usually just tune you out, but after saturday, you damned near busted your wad with joy when nebraska lost.

and i can't be the *only*one seeing this.

i don't want to call anyone a troll, but it got even me wondering...

So by your way of thinking, if you dont agree with something, you just sit back and take it?? Or you quit??? :wtf

If you dont like something that the government does, do you renounce your citizenship and move to France, or do you voice your opinion and do something about it???

Sometimes you have to "bang your own" so-to-speak. Its called tough-love, (not to get off on a pop-cultural tangent) but its obviously something that has been lost in America. Sometimes you have to be brutally honest about those that you care about most. Sometimes holding someones hand and patting them on the back doesnt work. Sometimes you need to kick those that you care about in the @$$.

I'm amazed at you guys; Former Fan is still pulling your chains. You suck right in. He loves this coaching staff and this WCO dearly, but he loves more than that to get your goat. Joe Williams of sport radio talk show fame here in Denver does the same thing and people go wild.

For FFs sake, he hopes you don't catch on. To prove it, watch for his denial!!!

Its called tough-love, (not to get off on a pop-cultural tangent) but its obviously something that has been lost in America.

Tough love would be no longer going to games and buying Husker gear, no matter how much it hurts YOU or the UNIVERSITY because you care enough to make a statement. Constant complaining and getting dangerously close to orgasm when the team loses is not "tough love".

So by your way of thinking, if you dont agree with something, you just sit back and take it?? Or you quit???  :wtf

If you dont like something that the government does, do you renounce your citizenship and move to France, or do you voice your opinion and do something about it???

it's the difference between disagreeing with the war and writing a letter your editor or congressman and camping-out in front of the White House screaming like a raving moonbat about how "imperialistic Amerikkka is waging a war for OIIIIIL!!!!" and chaining yourself to the front gate.

it's the difference between being a pro-lifer who pickets and going into a clinic, splashing a doctor with pig's blood and screaming, "MUUUURDERER!"

it's the difference between not eating meat and being a militant vegan who wrecks fences on farms and lets livestock run free across the countryside.

it's the difference between critical of a team and outright *celebrating* a team's loss.

it's not your the content of your dissent that's the problem: it's the tone.

or maybe it's just me. meh.

So by your way of thinking, if you dont agree with something, you just sit back and take it?? Or you quit???  :wtf

it's the difference between disagreeing with the war and writing a letter your editor or congressman and camping-out in front of the White House screaming like a raving moonbat about how "imperialistic Amerikkka is waging a war for OIIIIIL!!!!" and chaining yourself to the front gate.

it's the difference between being a pro-lifer who pickets and going into a clinic, splashing a doctor with pig's blood and screaming, "MUUUURDERER!"

it's the difference between not eating meat and being a militant vegan who wrecks fences on farms and lets livestock run free across the countryside.

it's the difference between critical of a team and outright *celebrating* a team's loss.

it's not your the content of your dissent that's the problem: it's the tone.

or maybe it's just me. meh.

Since this has kind of gone off topic, I will post a response in the Woodshed. :thumbs