NU vs USC

lets see, Taylor will be a senior, with good experience will hopefully be the leader of the team, or does anyone see beck starting next season?...ross will be gone but young guys in lucky, glenn, and also jackson will show what they all got, and we will be fine there. our wr's will be better, brooks will be in there with the bunch...swift is awesome, peterson hopefully will keep up his good play and turn into a real tall threat wr for us. hardy and nunn will be there for us of course, nunn needs to hold that ball like he has a damn straitjacket on I know that. our LB's will be good to go again with bradley and octavien back in the lineup. safeties I think will be a big concern when bullocks leaves...cb's will be much more experienced and bowman will hopefully be ready to explode. if carriker and moore are still here we will be fine on the d line, with new starters at dt of course. as for the offensive line, ???

It won't be pretty for us.

As my teenager would say...WHATEVER!

The last time I ran across a guy by the name of Bernard or Benard was in the movie, Billy Jack. :box

I bet I could make you drive your car into a lake too! :lol:

By the time NU faces USC, the team should have matured quite a bit. It expect it to be a thrilling game. :thumbs

It expect it to be a thrilling game.    :thumbs

Probably for USC. If NUs coaches cant get this team to improve, USC most likely wins by 5 td's.

I highly doubt that. Doesn't SC lose their QB? Won't Nebraska's gameplay be "seasoned" enough to make it a close one, if not win completely?"

Please show some signs of optimism.

I'll be living in San Diego by then, so you can bet I'll be there sporting my colors!

I am normally pretty upbeat about the team. But after the ass whipping we took yesterday, at the hands of a single athlete, I have way more concerns today than before.

We are not a top 25 team. Period. We will not be next year to start off. I seriously doubt we have the talent to make it much of a game. USC most likely will win the MNC this year again. They will lose a lot next year but their talent level is so deep it will be hardly noticed against Nebraska. We have a very long road back to being competitive with a top 15 team. Texas dismanteling of Tech should give you some idea of where we truly are.

Reality is we are still way down on talent, Lucky is not nor ever will be another Bush, Glen is not nor ever will be Earl Campbell. Taylor is not nor ever will be Matt Linart. We do not have an offensive line player except Mann, and I truly do not see much coming that makes a major difference. Two more years of great recruiting may just possibly get us into the top 15. But we are not nor will we be competitive with SC next year or the following. Reality!!

We are making improvement from where we were, but give it the time it takes. For years the media has told us just how bad our talent level is. It should be evident by now. God forbid we have to face Texas. Suicide watch will triple in Nebraska if that happens.

I am normally pretty upbeat about the team. But after the ass whipping we took yesterday, at the hands of a single athlete, I have way more concerns today than before.

We are not a top 25 team. Period. We will not be next year to start off. I seriously doubt we have the talent to make it much of a game. USC most likely will win the MNC this year again. They will lose a lot next year but their talent level is so deep it will be hardly noticed against Nebraska. We have a very long road back to being competitive with a top 15 team. Texas dismanteling of Tech should give you some idea of where we truly are.

Reality is we are still way down on talent, Lucky is not nor ever will be another Bush, Glen is not nor ever will be Earl Campbell. Taylor is not nor ever will be Matt Linart. We do not have an offensive line player except Mann, and I truly do not see much coming that makes a major difference. Two more years of great recruiting may just possibly get us into the top 15. But we are not nor will we be competitive with SC next year or the following. Reality!!

We are making improvement from where we were, but give it the time it takes. For years the media has told us just how bad our talent level is. It should be evident by now. God forbid we have to face Texas. Suicide watch will triple in Nebraska if that happens.

You'd better watch what you say around here, bro, some of the guys dont like to hear simple reality ;)

Reality is I stated it would take 3 years minimum to get back to being a compeitive team. We have put too much stock in games against proven losers.

Missouri destroyed us at their house the last time we played there. They have talent, and Smith leaving will have little affect on the QB playing. Daniels will be very very good.

We just need to understand how far we had fallen. I know 9-3, but the same kind of ass whippings from top teams were being dealt in those 3 losses. This shows that Pelini was no miracle worker and neither is Coz. You need the talent and for the previous staff that was not a priority. It will take longer than most think and most are not willing to give the staff a chance. We need time, I stated early in the year out talent was on par with Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma State. Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, A&M, Texas and Colorado are still way ahead. No matter how hard that is to believe it is reality.

Just going to take the time to get what we need to be competitive. Like it or not.