NU vs USC

I am sorry I just do not buy into the Lucky hype. I just do not see anything that reminds me of Bush. Not even close. He may end up being a good back, but not the real game breaker we need. I hope I am wrong.

I live in the LA area and honestly I never heard much about him until we offered and the All Star game. If I remember correctly he had one descent play in that game. Hardly any rushes at all.

He played in a very small conference that does not get much pub that is true. He really sprang on the recruiting front due to a Nike camp I think.

My feelings are if he was anywhere near being as good as Bush he would be playing alot. I really do not think he is as good as Cory and may never be. Again I hope I am wrong on this one more than any of you.

I don't know what you're looking for if you don't believe in Lucky. I have my doubts whether he's the gamer he was supposed to be as well, but it is you who says we need to get better recruits in here. Lucky is supposed to be one of if not the best of the best at RB from last year's entire recruiting class. If he isn't good enough for you, then NU will never be back because we can't recruit from the prisons like we were able to back in the early 90's.

Sometimes recruits don't pan out (David Horne, Randy Stella, etc.), but Lucky was rated as one of the best in the entire field last year. You take Lucky and Beck from our recruits, and we don't even come close to having a #1 recruiting class. I'm disappointed we didn't find an Adrian Peterson or a Tommie Frazier in the recruits, but to say there wasn't enough talent for you in a number 1 recruting class is a little over the top!

How can we tell if Lucky is good or not if Taylor throws him the ball too low and he falls down on his ass? Frankly Lucky hasn't had that much room to run this year, and he hasn't gotten that much of a chance to show what he can do yet. Remember about our OL? Remember our QB is still developing? Remember our entire offense is still out of sync(sp?)?

I wouldn't pre-judge Lucky or anyone else. And it takes some kids longer to develop than others. Perhaps he still doesn't entirely understand the offensive system? Perhaps Cal is not giving him enough reps? It's way too early to make final judgement on Lucky or any other newcomer.

I personally am giving Lucky a pass this year for 3 reasons

1-He's still a freshman and i am not expecting Reggie Bush Playstation like numbers out of him

2-Offensive Line. Unless we actually find guys to block for our RB's, our RB's wont get consecutive 100+ yard games.

3-Recievers who don't keep dropping passes. If our receivers keep dropping passes, opponents wont take them seriously, and they will continue to put 6,7 guys in the box just in case.

How can we tell if Lucky is good or not if Taylor throws him the ball too low and he falls down on his ass? Frankly Lucky hasn't had that much room to run this year, and he hasn't gotten that much of a chance to show what he can do yet. Remember about our OL? Remember our QB is still developing? Remember our entire offense is still out of sync(sp?)?

I wouldn't pre-judge Lucky or anyone else. And it takes some kids longer to develop than others. Perhaps he still doesn't entirely understand the offensive system? Perhaps Cal is not giving him enough reps? It's way too early to make final judgement on Lucky or any other newcomer.

Here's my take on Lucky. If we were running the offense TO and FS ran, he'd probably be carrying the leather 30 to 50 percent of the time. However, the WCO is a little more sophisticated in terms of the RB's responsibility. If memory serves me correctly, there was a little bit of anticipation as to whether Lucky would qualify academically or not at one time. He's probably not the sharpest tool in the shed, but neither was Phillips and other NU RB's. The point is that you have to be able to do a lot more now as a Husker RB than you used to. You now have to be able to pick up blitz packages and know where you need to be in order to protect your QB. We only ran the ball I think 19 times Saturday. More times than not, the RB was left in to protect Taylor. In order to play in this offense, it is crucial to protect the blindside of the QB. I don't think Lucky has picked all of this up yet, and apparently neither has Glenn. We seem to only bring them in on special occasion. B Jax is either hurt or he still doesn't get it because he rarely sees the field either. I think this is why he didn't play much last year because he hadn't got the blocking scheme down yet.

One of the 3 above mentioned better pick it up before next year, or Taylor will be very very sore as Ross will be gone hopefully to greener pastures. I also think this may be what's plagueing out OL. In the mid-90's, the OL was awesome. I remember reading where Wiegert was our dumbest OL and he still had a 3.0 GPA. I know many don't agree, but in football for some positions intelligence will get you a lot further than athletic ability. I'm not saying all of our offensive linemen are dumb, but in order to block against all the schemes thrown at them they have to be very intelligent players. Also, it appears as though the common theme for recruiting OL is to find the tallest and heaviest players available. In the end, a good OL still has to be quick on his feet.

Sorry, just do not see the game breaker abiity in Lucky. I would guess his longest run is a little over 10 yards.

I am all for recruiting, but sometimes they do not pan out. I do not think he is a bust by any means. I just do not see the AP or RB abilities in him at this time. It seems many other programs are playing top freshman and doing good things with them. If this offense is too difficult for him to learn so be it. But I truly believe if BC thought he had the second coming of RB on the team he would be playing no matter the cost. JMHO

It seems many other programs are playing top freshman and doing good things with them.

How many of these other programs had a 1200 yard rusher returning? I would guess 0. The kid is freakin 7 games into his college career give him a liitle slack. How much would Ahman played if LP didn't beat his girlfriend? Or Benning and Childs wouldn't of got banged up? Crap he may have been the best to ever play here and you wouldn't of been able to tell that until his Junior year.

How much would Ahman played if LP didn't beat his girlfriend? Or Benning and Childs wouldn't of got banged up?

Oh, say those names again...Damon Benning....Clinton Childs....Ahman Green...Tommie Frazier.....Grant Wistrom.... :worship

WAKE UP! :wacko:

Ahhh, but it was a good dream...... :thumbs

(Archie and Edith Bunker sing "Those were the Days" in the backgorund)