Most complete performance since.......

In what universe was this a complete game? we had Zero passing yards at halftime, that has to be some kind of record. outside of the two long drives to start the second half (one of them saved by a personal foul penalty) the offense really didn't do much. hopefully the defense is finally starting to come around, but it didn't look like sparty really even wanted to be there. if this hadn't been a nebraska game, i would have shut it off and mowed my lawn.

You take one meaningless statistic from a running team and that's your indication? We physically overpowered a top ten opponent and held them to three points. We won the game by three touchdowns. Once again our halftime adjustments on offense propelled what was a close game completely out of reach. By the end the Spartans were more concerned with resting in the locker room than fighting their way back.

The win was dominant on both sides of the ball--aka, complete--and possibly the best single victory of the Pelini era.

In what universe was this a complete game? we had Zero passing yards at halftime, that has to be some kind of record. outside of the two long drives to start the second half (one of them saved by a personal foul penalty) the offense really didn't do much. hopefully the defense is finally starting to come around, but it didn't look like sparty really even wanted to be there. if this hadn't been a nebraska game, i would have shut it off and mowed my lawn.

Well, we scored 24 pts and could have probably added another TD if inclined vs the nation's #2 ranked defense.

Yeah, the offense sucked.

I didn't think they sucked, but 1/6 for zero yards? not to mention stuffed 3 times after 1st and goal from the one following marlowe's nice run.

it was a good win, i just didn't think it was particularly "complete" maybe i was a little harsh. i'll watch it again and re evaluate

The OP said "most' complete, though. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people here saying we could have done things better, but I think this was the 'most' complete game against a team of this caliber in a while.

Going back and watching this game. Sparty was very very lucky to only get beat by 21 points here. Between Andrew Greens botched pitch interception, Stafford's dropped pick 6, and Dennard's multi-dropped interceptions that game could have been a whole lot more ugly. I doubted that this team could put together a game like that since it has been such a long time since it has happened, but I'll happily take it.

Sparty looked like how we normally look in big games like that. They abandoned what was working in the run game between the tackles, and they had way to many penalties to have a shot at a W.

Mizzou, they were top 10 after beating number 1 oklahoma the week before. Our D had Gabbys head spinning and we cant forget the day Roy Helu had.

Couldn't agree more. Amazing what happens when we pound the rock straight at these top-notch opponents. Mizzou and now MSU just fell by the wayside to Helu and Rex. Kinda makes me think Rex will start averaging 25-30 carries every game here on out b/c Beck understands that's how we win games.

Clemson in the Gator Bowl... Was it 2008? Bo's first year? Whenever it was, that was a pretty good game against a pretty good Clemson team.

I don't think this was a complete game at all. Jacoby Ford got loose for a long TD, Ganz threw a pick-6 (or near, I don't recall). Yes, Castille busted that long run and Ganz more than redeemed himself with a TD pass to Peterson (Joker dance) and that beauty to Swift in the corner of the end zone. We leaned on Henery to claw back. Hagg had a late sack and O'Hanlon broke up their last gasp to Spiller on a damn fine play.

Great win for sure, maybe one of Bo's best, but far from complete.

Mizzou last year... total domination. Nuff said.

I wouldn't call that a complete game. We jumped up on them early, and didn't do much of anything on offense until Helu's long run in the 3rd.

I would say that the MSU game was pretty impressive because, other than a stretch in the 2nd quarter, Nebraska seemed to move the ball pretty steadily.