Regarding the many dropped INT's...

I think that if our defense gives up only 3 points and 187 yards, this seems like a pretty silly complaint to me. The D played their asses off today, lets give them a little credit. They finally gave a blackshirt-worthy performance.

Just the fans' way of never settling. I'm sure the Blackshirts would say the same thing. They played their tails off and even though Sparty was pretty worn out physically and mentally, we shut them down, but I'm guessing Stafford would love to have that one back.

I also agree that the Defense played a great game and no I do not think you are out of line by by being aggravated by the dropped INT's this year. Cassidy dropped one against OSU, Dennard against Wyo and Stafford a sure pick 6 against MSU that I can remember. I say a few foul words at the TV except that damn thing does not want to listen. :)

Not sure how this thread came off as a complaint against how the secondary played yesterday. Was sure I just asked if the few missed int's would be brought up in film, or just ignored due to the best defensive play this year.

Edit: This last game...not year.

They have to talk about the missed INTs because what else would they talk about? Everyone played a really good game in the secondary for the first time this year. But the coaches have to teach, so they'll point out those, and there was at least one play where the receiver was wide open that I remember and they'll focus on those plays to teach the guys.

If Stafford had caught that ball he would have scored but if Stafford could catch all the balls thrown to him he'd be a wide receiver. Isn't that what they say about DB's?