Legends Division Race

The Dude

I think Nebraska will have to win the rest of their games to make it to the Big Ten title game. I honestly don't see Michigan State losing another game. They have Minnesota at home, @ Iowa, Indiana at home, and @ Northwestern. That's a cake schedule for the rest of the year. Sparty got the crap kicked out of them last year by Iowa in Iowa City, so Iowa maybe having their number is something to hope for. And Northwestern could give them a battle, but Minnesota and Indiana are easy wins.

Bottom line, they have the easiest schedule by far between the 3 contenders in the division. If they drop a game, it will make our path a lot easier, but I'm not too confident that will happen.

Any thoughts on the division race?

Edited for correct division name in the thread title... I think. I'm surprised they still haven't changed the division names.

Seems like a lot of teams bunched together at the top of the B1G this year. With no clear leader. And home field advantage is huge. Most of the upsets have been home field advantage upsets.

Even though we play two tough road games I see us winning out IF we play ball like we have the last three halves of play, and going to the CCG. But if we play like we did 1st half against tOSU, then no. If we play like we did at Camp Randall, then no--and I'm going to wear a brown paper bag on my head.

Damn I'm slow, posted a similar topic...oh well.

For some reason, if Nebraska doesn't make it to the CCG then I hope MSU would make it. I just can see Michigan being cocky and arrogant as hell if they end up in the CCG. I could be wrong. Iowa does seem to have MSU number as of late so you never know what will happen there. The last three games are very winnable but like you mentioned, home field has been a big advantage this year.

Sparty could very easily be tripped up by the fighting Persas in Evanston. That offense could cause problems and everyone knows Michigan State's track record on the road...

If we want to get to Indy, we're going to have to earn it. This is why we're here, to win big games in venues like State College and Ann Arbor.

Agree. We control our destiny. Mich st needs us to lose. Michigan needs Mich st to lose again. Mich st's hail mary win over Wisconsin really changed the picture. Now Wisconsin is on the outside looking in and we have no room for error.

Many news stories from yesterday said roughly quoting "Nebraska now controls its own destiny . . " Excuse me, but we controlled our own destiny BEFORE the MSU game - we didn't need some one else to lose to make it possible to get to Indy. We win, we go.

I'm ranting against sports writers, not IraFreak

If Michigan beats us, we're in very big trouble. I haven't had my Kool-Aid tonight so I don't see a very high chance of us beating Penn St. and Michigan on the road in consecutive weeks. If we have to lose one, we hope it's Penn St.

If MSU loses to Iowa or NW, we lose to Michigan and Michigan loses to OSU, Michigan goes.

If MSU loses to Iowa or NW, we lose to Michigan and Michigan loses to Iowa, Nebraska goes.

If MSU loses to Iowa or NW, we lose to Penn St. and Michigan loses to OSU or Iowa, Nebraska goes.

If MSU loses to Indiana, there are some other interesting scenarios. But let's not get crazy.