Nebraska jumps to #9 in both polls

knapplc

Via Twitter. Will update with a link as soon as I find one.

Also, according to @jppalm, owner of CollegeBCS.com, Nebraska should be #9 in the BCS when it comes out later today.

EDIT - finally, here's the stupid Coaches poll. I can't understand for the life of me why it's a USA Today poll, but I find out the results from Twitter 20 minutes before they update their own site. Why not update your site before releasing the info?

Coaches Poll

#9 in the AP Poll, too.

Whenever this guy is mentioned, it seems to be about how wrong he is. Which begs the question, why is he mentioned so much?

I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying his numbers are often quite interesting. In fact, I think he's right more often than not, and I typically use him for a benchmark of what teams real strengths are.

The numbers can be misleading, and they can be manipulated by anomalies (as in the relative strength of the Pac-10 last year), but more often than not I think he's a better barometer than the human polls.

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

Its clear Arkansas is getting a free pass because they play in SEC. Good news they still have to play LSU.

Teams in the top 10 that still have to play one another.

Oregon/Stanford

Okie Lite/OU

LSU/Alabama

LSU/Arkansas

South Carolina/Arkansas

the next month could get real interseting.

LOL @ Kansas State to #19. They dropped like a three-taco deuce.

You're awarded a rare +1 from The Dude. Congratulations!

Thanks! (And a belated welcome to the board to you. Two years belated. :lol:)

Wow thanks! I've been carrying that resentment for two years. It feels like a weight has been lifted.

Wow! That's EXACTLY how I felt after that three-taco deuce!

• Fire 1

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

Its clear Arkansas is getting a free pass because they play in SEC. Good news they still have to play LSU.

Teams in the top 10 that still have to play one another.

Oregon/Stanford

Okie Lite/OU

LSU/Alabama

LSU/Arkansas

South Carolina/Arkansas

the next month could get real interseting.

Exactly. Vandy screwed the pooch on that one and Arkansas gets lucky for the second straight week. Oh well, like you said, the next month will be exciting and sort everything out.

This is why Arkinsaw is ranked #8....

W - Missouri State (51-7)

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

W - at Mississippi 29-24)

W - at Vanderbilt (31-28)