Inside Track to BIG Championship Game

It will be better next year.

Nebraska will have another year of experience for Martinez

OSU will have their entire D-Line back, LBs will get waayy better, Secondary will be better as well. New Coach, Miller being a Soph, WRs,TE and Tailbacks all coming back except for Boom.

m1ch1g@n will be another year removed from the stink of Rich Rod.

PSU might have a new coach(I know they want it bad)

UW will probably have some talent left and they will have James White.

Wiscy will have a down year next year I am thinkin....It will be the year of NEB, OSU and MICH. I bet those are the top 3 teams. I am getting ahead of myself on this right now...lol

Yep, 7-8 win season next year for us unless we get another dream transfer

I was worried about your team after I heard about the spring scrimmage game....

I think the doom and gloom of bowl season is a little premature.

I say the Big Ten gets one BCS team this year.

1. Rose Bowl Game vs UO or SU. Don't think it's crazy to think the conference can't win this one. Not impressed with either schools defense.

2. Cap One Bowl vs SEC Probably UGA. Once again. Not impressed with the D.

3. Outback Bowl vs SEC South Carolina or Auburn. They're ok. Nothing amazing

4. Gator Bowl vs SEC Probably UF. Having their worst season since the 1980s.

5-8

Bowls no one cares about vs Big XII & MAC teams.

Big XII games will probably include the likes of Tortilla Tech, Baylor and Mizzou. Pretty good teams but all winnable.

OSU will have their entire D-Line back, LBs will get waayy better, Secondary will be better as well. New Coach, Miller being a Soph, WRs,TE and Tailbacks all coming back except for Boom.

Wiscy will have a down year next year I am thinkin....It will be the year of NEB, OSU and MICH. I bet those are the top 3 teams. I am getting ahead of myself on this right now...lol

I dunno, we could surprise though, just thinking about it if we can sort out our QB before the season we should be in good shape. I really hope Curt Phillips gets to start, kid balled out in Tennessee and was sure to play but has torn his ACL twice. If he can somehow play and set that straight we could be scary. Big O-line, seasoned Defense and White, Abbrederis and maybe Ball coming back we could sneak up on some people. Need to check out our schedule though...

and Minnesota will have Jerry Kill...championship baby!

I'm done with Minny!

I thought they could turn it around but they disappoint every year.

But you know what's more pathetic?

Losing to the Goofs! Two years in a row! I'm looking at you Hawkeyes.

and Minnesota will have Jerry Kill...championship baby!

I'm done with Minny!

I thought they could turn it around but they disappoint every year.

But you know what's more pathetic?

Losing to the Goofs! Two years in a row! I'm looking at you Hawkeyes.

Any talk of Iowa and Minnesnowta makes me think of this "Couple has sex in bathroom as crowd cheered them on and their significant others watched Minnesota-Iowa game"

I dunno, we could surprise though, just thinking about it if we can sort out our QB before the season we should be in good shape. I really hope Curt Phillips gets to start, kid balled out in Tennessee and was sure to play but has torn his ACL twice. If he can somehow play and set that straight we could be scary. Big O-line, seasoned Defense and White, Abbrederis and maybe Ball coming back we could sneak up on some people. Need to check out our schedule though...

Non-conf should be 4-0 at first glance. Big Ten schedule looks like this:

@ Nebraska (probably a loss)

Illinois (depends on what happens with Zook, possible loss)

@ Purdue (should be a win)

Minnesota (win)

Michigan State (a real toss-up here, we finally get MSU away from East Lansing. Could go either way)

@ Indiana (win)

Ohio State (loss)

@ Penn State (likely a loss just because it's on the road)

So yeah, anywhere from 9-3 to 7-5 looks plausible.

Let's go back to the late 1990's and early 2000's. Nebraska was definitely not the "big boy" in the Big 12 North; that was reserved for KSU and Colorado. But who did teams celebrate their victory over more, Nebraska or Colorado and KSU?

Ohio State is a school in the Big10 that Nebraska should want to be on the same level with; Championship caliber 9 years out of 10 (NCAA infractions aside). Wisconsin is the best team in the league this year (although that belief is waining) but they are not the best team if you take into account the last 15-20 years. This is why I made the analogy of a NU vs. OU type rivalry, not a NU vs Missouri when it counts for something once a decade.

Well, the reason I disagree with this analogy now is because tOSU is not the same tOSU anymore. They don't have the tenured, championship winning coach. They don't have that national respect. They don't resemble the program they were even last year.

In the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc., when teams beat us, we still had Osborne coming back and people knew we would still be a great team/program the next year. Who knows what tOSU is right now. If by the end of the year they have really turned everything around and don't lose anymore games, I'll probably change my tone and opinion. But right now - tOSU is not tOSU. It'd be like saying Nebraska was Nebraska in 2002. Were weren't, and really haven't been since.

Ohio State and here's why......

Two years ago, before NU was even a thought in Big Ten expansion, who did most college football fans think of when Big Ten football was mentioned?: Ohio State and Michigan..

Michigan: proud program on hard times, much like Nebraska was (or "is" for you downers). The Wolverines are a sleeping college football giant; if you believe Nebraska can return to the glory years you have to believe Michigan is capable of the same thing.

Ohio State: the Big Ten golden boy (2 years ago when current recruits were in their formative years). These guys were in the NC discussion, running over Michigan, they were Rose Bowl bound before the first snap of the season, these guys are the "Texas" of the Big Ten.

Fast forward two years. Nebraska is brand new to the Big Ten and looking for a statement that it can build upon. Would Nebraska be better off playing a "second tier" team in the inaugural championship game; or get right after it and play the "big boy". A NU vs. OSU championship game could be the beginning of a "NU vs. Oklahoma" type rivalry. If NU was able to pick a rivalry in the Big Ten, why not let that rival be the biggest and baddest mo fo on the block. As I mentioned earlier, current high school underclassmen know OSU as the powerhouse of the conference, what would they think of NU being the new AND BETTER show in town?

(disclaimer....I enjoy the people and state of Wisconsin very much!!!)

I agree that tOSU is the staple program in the Big 10 and everything else that comes with that, but beating tOSU this year does not mean the same as in years past. No Tressel, no Heisman contenders and not a lot of respect nationally. If none of what happened over the off-season and last year had occurred, hell yeah I'd say Ohio State. But I still think Wisconsin is the best program (as far as talent is concerned) this year, and they're no "second tier" team. If they're second tier, then we're second tier, and I don't think we are.

tOSU is not "the big boy" in the Big 10 anymore, at least not this year. That's why I have to go with Wisconsin.

Let's go back to the late 1990's and early 2000's. Nebraska was definitely not the "big boy" in the Big 12 North; that was reserved for KSU and Colorado. But who did teams celebrate their victory over more, Nebraska or Colorado and KSU?

Ohio State is a school in the Big10 that Nebraska should want to be on the same level with; Championship caliber 9 years out of 10 (NCAA infractions aside). Wisconsin is the best team in the league this year (although that belief is waining) but they are not the best team if you take into account the last 15-20 years. This is why I made the analogy of a NU vs. OU type rivalry, not a NU vs Missouri when it counts for something once a decade.

Huh. '96 11-1, '97 National Champions, '98 9-4, '99 12-1, '00 10-2, '01 11-2 & Title Game, '02 7-7 , '03 10-3. We were 83-20 from '96 to '03. Solich was 58-19 thru 6 seasons. In only one yearr did the Huskers lose to both KSU & CU ('02).

I just got to come out and say it.

This conference isn't very good right now....

Maybe next year Ladies and Gents.

this isn't a late development.

I wanted to give Wisky the benefit of the doubt.

I never thought their defense was very good but their Offense had the potential to be the tops in the NCAA.

Now they are still OK. They will be 10-2

i thought wiscy was the class and everyone else was bad. now i think all teams are just decent. it is great football within the conference for fans of the B1G, but i can't imagine many outside really caring at all.

I thought Wiscy was going to have the GAMEBREAKER STOUT OFFENSE and solid defense that gives you enough to beat anyteam you come across. I seriously thought Wiscy was going to go undefeated after the drubbing NEB took.

not only was i positive, it was the only reason i got over the loss so quickly. seeing them lose twice since really makes me wonder what happened to us in that game.

preparation?.....the blackshirts really SH$% the bed in that game....

It's a coin flip but I still think on a neutral field Wisconsin is the best in that division. The Buckeyes are a load too though, to be sure. I don't buy PSU being able to handle either one of those two.

I think we're the best in our division but we have by far the most difficult schedule. It's gonna be close and fun!

GBR!!

Most complete and best overall teams in the BIG10..now that we're sorta on this subject...here's my TOP 4:

1.) Wiscy

2.) OSU

3.) NEB

4.) MICH ST

I could swap OSU and NEB....but NEB has to show me that they'll keep up the defensive intensity.

ugh no slide Wisconsin down 4 pegs. We can't play defense worth a damn and all you have to is fluster RW and he doesn't score for a whole damn quarter...

Wow... Are the Wisconsin fans calling for his backup now? You know, because some of our fans would never do that...

It's a coin flip but I still think on a neutral field Wisconsin is the best in that division. The Buckeyes are a load too though, to be sure. I don't buy PSU being able to handle either one of those two.

I think we're the best in our division but we have by far the most difficult schedule. It's gonna be close and fun!

GBR!!

Most complete and best overall teams in the BIG10..now that we're sorta on this subject...here's my TOP 4:

1.) Wiscy

2.) OSU

3.) NEB

4.) MICH ST

I could swap OSU and NEB....but NEB has to show me that they'll keep up the defensive intensity.

ugh no slide Wisconsin down 4 pegs. We can't play defense worth a damn and all you have to is fluster RW and he doesn't score for a whole damn quarter...

Wow... Are the Wisconsin fans calling for his backup now? You know, because some of our fans would never do that...

No chance in hell. Wisconsin would be sitting at probably 3 or 4 losses right now without him. But our defense is nowhere near championship caliber.

not only was i positive, it was the only reason i got over the loss so quickly. seeing them lose twice since really makes me wonder what happened to us in that game.

preparation?.....the blackshirts really SH$% the bed in that game....

to be fair, wilson had an amazing game. and our offense imploded with the bad play calls.