Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado......... Which one's the worst?

AustinHuskr

I have to admit, I feel a little sorry (in a demented sort of way :)) for the buffies...... They bail out on the B12 (not that I really blame them).... fire a crappy coach, drink so much kool aid when they hire an ex-player HC that it takes them almost 7 games to realize that they SUCK even worse than the sucked with Hawk. That's the definition of double suckage. What's funny is to see all the excuses on netbuffs.com about how Embree is actually good but needs more talent. :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound. Isnt' that exactly what they said 6 years ago when they hired Hawk :laughpound? Clue: Someone needs to tell the buffies that they hired a worse HC than Hawk. How's that for hitting rock bottom?

Coming to KS - well, I hate to say it but there's no way a BCS team puts up only 46 total yards against a crappy 2 loss tu team. None. Gill is just in over his head. Some people are just not cut out to be great HC's and I'd love to see Gill back at NU in some capacity as an assistant - just not an OC please!

So.... which one of those 3 is the worst (sorry Iowa, this is not a dig at you :))?

I was one of those who thought Turner should have gotten the gig over Bo, at the time, a few years ago ... good thing TO has got the smarts I lack.

Obviously dodged a bullet there.

I feel bad about it, because Turner is one of the Husker greats, but ... Kansas is clearly, clearly the worst team in major CFB these days. CU may be second-worst, though. God, USC might hang 70 points on them this Sat.

Kansas, but they were going to be miserable regardless if Turner Gill was there or not. I'd still give Turner a short leash (another season) to turn things around before I declare that a failure.

Colorado is in such poor fiscal shape, they're years away from being competent. Hell, until they get Pac-12 money, they're still paying on debt service for the loan taken out by their AD to fire Gary Barnett.

Minnesota is in decent shape, fiscally, they have a head coach that, despite his setbacks, cares and has proven himself time and again, and they got a win against a quality opponent. They're competent in basketball, they have a nice new stadium in downtown Minneapolis, and they've got a history of success (though not recent).

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that Minnesota shouldn't even be a part of this discussion....

I would have said Colorado just because they are Colorado, but I can't. They too have moved to another conference and are suffering some of the same things we are. Different style, albeit closer to Big 12 than the Big but still different. Can't say Kansas, because that cupboard was more bare than the Huskers when the crap went down. I would have to say Minnesota. Based on the fact that they beat Iowa proves they have something, they are just not using it. (although I did pick the Gophers to upset Iowa, Ferentz, Pinkel two of the greatest choke artists EVER.

It's KU, and the race isn't even close. Gill's last year at Buffalo really wasn't very good. While I don't know a ton of ex-players, I do know some. There wasn't a single one of them that wanted Gill to get the HC job after Clownahan was fired. It does serve KU right though as kharma is a bitch. They already fired the best coach the likes of them will ever see. I hope the kharma bug bites Texas Tech and South Florida as well.

So you want Tommy Tuberville, Chip Holtz and Turner Gill to fail because their respective Universities fired their previous coaches? Can you blame the Buffalo team for not wanting Coach Gill to go. He was the best thing they ever had, the quarterback left and plays for Cal now. Kansas was left with almost no recruiting class, much like N when Clownahan left only worse, because it was KU. Minnesota has talent, they have been through too many coaches over the last 7 years but still have had somewhat good recruiting.