Patrick Witt

Not only is Witt applying for the Rhodes, he has an interview on 11/19.

Problem is, that's the Yale vs. Harvard game.

EDIT - here's the article:

Yale's Quarterback Might Have To Choose Between Winning A Rhodes Scholarship And Playing Harvard

Yale student Patrick Witt is a history major and a Rhodes scholarship finalist. He's also the football team's starting quarterback.

On Nov. 19, he has his final Rhodes interview in Atlanta, but he also has a big game against Harvard in New Haven.

Which one will he chose?

The Yale quarterback is trying to finagle it so he doesn't have to chose — he could do the interview at 8 a.m. and still make the noon kickoff.

We assume he and the Rhodes people will figure out a way to accommodate him, and it'll all work out in the end.

But before you go saying that Witt's story represents all that is good in college sports, realize that a bigtime D-I athlete had the same decision in 2008.

sounds like he made the right decision leaving - or at least he is following through on his reasoning (academics). good for him, and good luck to Mr. Witt.

Absolutely. If he's Rhodes Scholar material he'll have a better shot showing that at an Ivy League school than DONU.

Also, it doesn't sound like we missed out on a great QB for this system. He wouldn't be running Bo's desired offense with his skill set, anyway.

Probably worked out best for everyone involved. Wish the guy luck in his application.

sounds like he made the right decision leaving - or at least he is following through on his reasoning (academics). good for him, and good luck to Mr. Witt.

Absolutely. If he's Rhodes Scholar material he'll have a better shot showing that at an Ivy League school than DONU.

Also, it doesn't sound like we missed out on a great QB for this system. He wouldn't be running Bo's desired offense with his skill set, anyway.

Probably worked out best for everyone involved. Wish the guy luck in his application.

Yeah, our "run-first" offense wasn't a good match for him. I wish him the best too!

GBR!!

He played Columbia this last week and went 2-10 for 16yrds with 0 td and 1 int. Not sure what sort of QB rating that is...but he lead his team to victory!

Somehow I found myself on the YES Network, so I'd thought I'd check out how Pat Witt is doing...

They played in a snow storm that made the whole concept of playing football an afterthought to just staying on your feet.

It was lots of fun to watch, and the commentators talked up Pat Witt a bunch too.

Sounds like he's doing good

Definitely a great choice to transfer considering his path and the path the Huskers are on now.

Linky to the game in the snow

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/photos/0012/index

Not only is Witt applying for the Rhodes, he has an interview on 11/19.

Problem is, that's the Yale vs. Harvard game.

EDIT - here's the article:

Yale's Quarterback Might Have To Choose Between Winning A Rhodes Scholarship And Playing Harvard

Yale student Patrick Witt is a history major and a Rhodes scholarship finalist. He's also the football team's starting quarterback.

On Nov. 19, he has his final Rhodes interview in Atlanta, but he also has a big game against Harvard in New Haven.

Which one will he chose?

The Yale quarterback is trying to finagle it so he doesn't have to chose — he could do the interview at 8 a.m. and still make the noon kickoff.

We assume he and the Rhodes people will figure out a way to accommodate him, and it'll all work out in the end.

But before you go saying that Witt's story represents all that is good in college sports, realize that a bigtime D-I athlete had the same decision in 2008.

I was reading about this...Amazing honor

He's projected to be a 6th or 7th round NFL pick. I've even seen him listed as the #10 QB in next year's draft.

This shocks me. I've heard he's made some pretty bad plays at Yale. But 10th overall QB - that's not bad. He's smart and he's got an outside shot at the NFL. Talk about winning the gene lottery.

If only he didn't leave our program with so many question marks.

Meh. He was going to leave or ride the pine forever. His skill set isn't what Bo wants for his offense. There's no way Witt would be running the Option, or the zone read. He's about as mobile as a telephone pole, if I recall correctly.