"Not a true Christian"

From all accounts i nthe bible Adam and eve were thought to be immortal. Today if God said you smoke and you will surely die and that is your only requirement and that evey want and need was taken care of and you knew you would live forever, would you smoke? They just defied God because they chose to do so.

Where did it say or imply that?

Only Moses and Elijah were "taken", and later Jesus and Mary.

If Adam and Eve were also "taken", why weren't they present at Mount Tabor during the Transfiguration?

Very simple question: If you have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, where do you end up after Judgment Day?

Some important qualifiers to that qeestion:

1) A son of god, or the unique and only son of god?

2) Which god(s)... El, Yahweh, other(s)?

3) Will the Christ's return be His second coming, or has He been here before?

And about Faith:

1) Is Faith an either you have it or don't type thing, or can its amount vary?

2) If it's variable, how much is needed?

3) What size mustard seed (they come in various sizes) must faith be to be able to move a mountain?

I laughed. Good joke.

To be honest, that pst has included some serious questions.

Is Jesus a son of god, or the only son of god? I believe that we are all the children of god. I know that Christian dogma states that he is the only son, but that just isn't in the Bible. And do you recall the first two words of the Lord's Prayer?

The concept of salvation by faith alone just makes no sense. Sometimes faith is treated as an absolute, and sometimes as a quantifiable attribute. "Ye of little faith"... Faith the size of a mustard seed"... how much faith is needed for salvation? What if a person's faith fluctuates over time?

From all accounts i nthe bible Adam and eve were thought to be immortal. Today if God said you smoke and you will surely die and that is your only requirement and that evey want and need was taken care of and you knew you would live forever, would you smoke? They just defied God because they chose to do so.

Where did it say or imply that?

Only Moses and Elijah were "taken", and later Jesus and Mary.

If Adam and Eve were also "taken", why weren't they present at Mount Tabor during the Transfiguration?

Adam and Eve were not taken they died as we all will. :ahhhhhhhh

Very simple question: If you have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, where do you end up after Judgment Day?

And about Faith:

3) What size mustard seed (they come in various sizes) must faith be to be able to move a mountain?

1. Jesus was the Son of God in the sense that is a part of the trinity and became man. We are all God's children in that he created mankind!!

2. The God that Jesus talks to and honors as his father.

3. Christ talked about a second coming so therefore he hasn't come yet because that is at teh end of days.

1. You either believe that Jesus is the Divine son of God and he came and died for your sins and rose again or you don't.

2. It is not a variable in the belief in Jesus. some may have some rough times in their lives and may say they lose faith but if they still believe in Jesus as the lord and savior that is the amount needed.

3. Yes, You must have faith to move a mountain. Jesus' point is we all lose faith that doesn't mean you lose eternity. You may not believe as much as you think but if you believe in the first sentence you will have everlasting life.

:wasted

And about Faith:

1. Jesus was the Son of God in the sense that is a part of the trinity and became man. We are all God's children in that he created mankind!!

3. Christ talked about a second coming so therefore he hasn't come yet because that is at teh end of days.

1. You either believe that Jesus is the Divine son of God and he came and died for your sins and rose again or you don't.

2. It is not a variable in the belief in Jesus. some may have some rough times in their lives and may say they lose faith but if they still believe in Jesus as the lord and savior that is the amount needed.

3. Yes, You must have faith to move a mountain. Jesus' point is we all lose faith that doesn't mean you lose eternity. You may not believe as much as you think but if you believe in the first sentence you will have everlasting life.

So, after all that, "If you have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, where do you end up after Judgment Day?"

And about Faith:

So, after all that, "If you have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, where do you end up after Judgment Day?"

Heaven?

Just...just guessing.

Who put the Tree in the Garden of Eden? Why even put it there?

You're changing the subject but I am not intelligent enough to tell you why an all knowing God would do that. That would be conjecture on my part. Only God knows and I think I will wait a little while until I ask him. :dunno

No, I'm showing you that the concept of a loving God is not possible in the context of the Bible. Simple, unavoidable facts based on Christian theology:

God is Omnipotent

God created heaven and earth

There is no sin in heaven

God placed man on earth, NOT heaven

When created, Man had no sin

God placed the Tree in the presence of man

Man then sinned

God said, "You are OUT!" and cast man from the Garden

This would be akin to placing an infant next to a fire and saying, don't touch! The infant can't not touch - it's in their nature. The infant can't grasp the danger, can't understand your warning. But you're a loving parent for putting your child next to a fire? No, you're a terrible parent. You'd be convicted in any court for doing this.

But it gets even better. Because what you're actually going to do is not simply allow that infant to be burned, you're also going to burn every child that descends from that infant, forever, simply because the first infant burned themselves. Out of the womb, into the fire. Does this sound like the behavior of a loving God? It doesn't to me.

If God truly loves each and every man, then why would he ever place man in this position, where we can't earn our way into Heaven, but we can VERY EASILY earn our way into Hell?

Would you treat your child like this?

It is not like an infant Adam and Eve had rational thought and they were specifically told that you should not eat of this tree or you shall surely die. Now if I said that to you would you be able to understand that!!!! God gave them a choice to listen and trust him or to deviate from that and believe in themselves. They made the wrong choice. That is a big difference than your infant theory.

If God is omnipotent, then God knew they were going to do it.

Did he really give them a choice?

Heaven?

Just...just guessing.

I don't think that's right. I don't think that's possible. If it were, why wouldn't an Omnipotent God have just put the sons and daughters he loves there in the first place?

And about Faith:

Heaven?

Just...just guessing.

Amen Brother!! :wasted

Who put the Tree in the Garden of Eden? Why even put it there?

You're changing the subject but I am not intelligent enough to tell you why an all knowing God would do that. That would be conjecture on my part. Only God knows and I think I will wait a little while until I ask him. :dunno

No, I'm showing you that the concept of a loving God is not possible in the context of the Bible. Simple, unavoidable facts based on Christian theology:

God is Omnipotent

God created heaven and earth

There is no sin in heaven

God placed man on earth, NOT heaven

When created, Man had no sin

God placed the Tree in the presence of man

Man then sinned

God said, "You are OUT!" and cast man from the Garden

This would be akin to placing an infant next to a fire and saying, don't touch! The infant can't not touch - it's in their nature. The infant can't grasp the danger, can't understand your warning. But you're a loving parent for putting your child next to a fire? No, you're a terrible parent. You'd be convicted in any court for doing this.

But it gets even better. Because what you're actually going to do is not simply allow that infant to be burned, you're also going to burn every child that descends from that infant, forever, simply because the first infant burned themselves. Out of the womb, into the fire. Does this sound like the behavior of a loving God? It doesn't to me.

If God truly loves each and every man, then why would he ever place man in this position, where we can't earn our way into Heaven, but we can VERY EASILY earn our way into Hell?

Would you treat your child like this?

It is not like an infant Adam and Eve had rational thought and they were specifically told that you should not eat of this tree or you shall surely die. Now if I said that to you would you be able to understand that!!!! God gave them a choice to listen and trust him or to deviate from that and believe in themselves. They made the wrong choice. That is a big difference than your infant theory.

Just because he knows doesn't mean they didn't have a choice. no one forced them to eat it did they? :yeah

Just because he knows doesn't mean they didn't have a choice. no one forced them to eat it did they? :yeah

Actually, nobody forced God to put that tree there in the first place. What was the point of it even being there?

And, for that matter, why were Adam & Eve ever put in Earth in the first place? If God loves them and wants them to live with him in Heaven for eternity, why put them anywhere BUT Heaven?

If Adam and Eve were not mentally infantile, then surely they were capable of reasoning. If they were warned that eating the apple would result in horrible punishment by a being that surely came across to them as authoritative, then what logical motivation to eat the apple could've there possibly been?