"Not a true Christian"

Well Red , maybe he has seen some of your posts ? :P Not up to me to judge , I just stick up for our Maker ...

I once posted on a Husker message board and this Christian on there damned me to hell several times. Wonder how you would explain that to Jesus?

Must've been a C' Allahan supporter.

I think he's just saying that the definition of a Christian is "one who follows Christ". Which, by definition, rules out Christ himself.

And how does one follow the Christ?

Do they follow what was written centuries later about Him, or do they adhere to His teachings from the Gospels?

One of the tenets of the Christian religion is certainly the trinity...

Great... a third century concept.

I just used the merriam webster definition of the term. Simple, and I stated a belief that many Christians have. If I offend you here, where will you go to criticize me?

Well Red , maybe he has seen some of your posts ? :P Not up to me to judge , I just stick up for our Maker ...

I once posted on a Husker message board and this Christian on there damned me to hell several times. Wonder how you would explain that to Jesus?

I think he's just saying that the definition of a Christian is "one who follows Christ". Which, by definition, rules out Christ himself.

Do they follow what was written centuries later about Him, or do they adhere to His teachings from the Gospels?

I just used the merriam webster definition of the term. Simple, and I stated a belief that many Christians have. If I offend you here, where will you go to criticize me?

Not your place to judge? Aren't you the guy that damned me to hell after I joined the board over here?

The trinity is not a 3rd century concept; it's a biblical concept that has been consistent throughout scripture and throughout the time periods that scripture records and was written. God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit can be found all over the Old and New Testament.

I see god as gender-neutral... probably because god is not a carbon-based biological life form.

Well now I'm confused about what you meant about god being the universe. If you truely believe in the concept of god being the universe, shouldn't god be the only substance in the universe? Therefore, shouldn't god be every carbon-based life form? Or did you mean something else?

There is much more material to the universe than organic material.

The trinity is not a 3rd century concept; it's a biblical concept that has been consistent throughout scripture and throughout the time periods that scripture records and was written. God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit can be found all over the Old and New Testament.

Then why is Tertullian given credit for the concept of a Trinity?

He came up with a word and theology based on observation and study of already existing scripture. Essentially, he successfully and accurately translated, interpreted and explained the ideas meant behind the text, and just so happened to be the first widely documented person to do so.

I don't know what the OP means by a "true" christian because morality/immorality isn't exclusive to religious people even, let alone christians. A christian is just someone who follows the teachings of christ, which falls into a giant spectrum of dogmas/doctrines/personally found beliefs. It's incredible how many christians there are, and they just never seem to agree.

For the person who asked what if you're wrong...you barely agree with the posters who claim the same religious affiliation, and you'd rather believe just in case?

He came up with a word and theology based on observation and study of already existing scripture. Essentially, he successfully and accurately translated, interpreted and explained the ideas meant behind the text, and just so happened to be the first widely documented person to do so.

He came up with more than a word and described the trinity for the first time in that way.

If the trinity was there in existing scripture, then what took so long to identify it?

He came up with more than a word and described the trinity for the first time in that way.

If the trinity was there in existing scripture, then what took so long to identify it?

Who says it wasn't identified? I mean I'm not usually one to spout evidence of the gaps nonsense but I'd imagine there was a whole lot of thinking, teaching and etc. thousands of years ago that didn't have the right set of circumstances to become documented, wide-spread and focused on in such a way, and for all I know, Tertullian's doctrine was only documented due to a rise of uneducated believers that needed instruction. Perhaps it was a commonly understood thing before and during Christ's life.

Whoops Red Phoenix you just gave your cover away . If I supposedly banned you to hell on another , now defunct board , then THAT WOULD PEG YOU AS RED PHOENIX , WOULDNT IT ? Actually it isnt up to me to judge anyone , as I have said many times , I am nothing but a sinner. However , on the other now defunct board , YOU WERE POSING AS "THE MESSIAH" and making disparaging and blasphemous remarks about Jesus Christ , which is a norm for you , as you have no morals

All I wrote to you on that board was , another persons great essay on human beings having traits that were taught by Jesus and how it benefited them , and lastly to counter your blasphemous , filthy carping on Christ , I gave you a bible quotation that in the end , EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS JESUS IS GOD. So I dont know how that would make you think I banished you to hell , DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER. Maybe there is a little hope in your own life though Red , as if you mistakenly thought I was the one who banished you , maybe there is a little guilt in there as far as how you were acting and how you are living your own life ?

Perhaps if you stopped your usual trolling and baiting folks to get them to go off , as your usual ploy , and started treating folks like a Christian would , hopefully your own take on life may get a little better ? Hope it does for you , RED PHOENIX

And lastly , you have private messengered me here a couple times in the last 2 days , here are some of your thoughts to me sent as a private message : COPIED AND PASTED : RED PHOENIX to myself :

"I think it's hilarious that you called out someone for using the Lord's name in vain right after you did at Huskerpedia.

And, that you wrote that BS about the judgmental Lutheran Church after you yourself have damned fellow Husker fans to hell without even knowing them." AND :

"The husker board ..."messiah" ...has sent me here as his prophet to save you as a poster. Judging by how things are going for you over here so far, you need it." AND YOUR QUOTE POSTED :

"You are a piece of work and I'll continue to expose you."

EXPOSE ME RED PHOENIX ? I THINK I JUST EXPOSED YOU ...

Not your place to judge? Aren't you the guy that damned me to hell after I joined the board over here?

And after Tertullian coined that phrase, just over a century later the church elders were still split on that subject.

If Jesus and scripture was clear on that concept, why didn't it take hold until it became 'political' centuries later?

Whoops Red Phoenix you just gave your cover away . If I supposedly banned you to hell on another , now defunct board , then THAT WOULD PEG YOU AS RED PHOENIX , WOULDNT IT ? Actually it isnt up to me to judge anyone , as I have said many times , I am nothing but a sinner. However , on the other now defunct board , YOU WERE POSING AS "THE MESSIAH" and making disparaging and blasphemous remarks about Jesus Christ , which is a norm for you , as you have no morals

All I wrote to you on that board was , another persons great essay on human beings having traits that were taught by Jesus and how it benefited them , and lastly to counter your blasphemous , filthy carping on Christ , I gave you a bible quotation that in the end , EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS JESUS IS GOD. So I dont know how that would make you think I banished you to hell , DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER. Maybe there is a little hope in your own life though Red , as if you mistakenly thought I was the one who banished you , maybe there is a little guilt in there as far as how you were acting and how you are living your own life ?

Perhaps if you stopped your usual trolling and baiting folks to get them to go off , as your usual ploy , and started treating folks like a Christian would , hopefully your own take on life may get a little better ? Hope it does for you , RED PHOENIX

And lastly , you have private messengered me here a couple times in the last 2 days , here are some of your thoughts to me sent as a private message : COPIED AND PASTED : RED PHOENIX to myself :

"I think it's hilarious that you called out someone for using the Lord's name in vain right after you did at Huskerpedia.

And, that you wrote that BS about the judgmental Lutheran Church after you yourself have damned fellow Husker fans to hell without even knowing them." AND :

"The husker board ..."messiah" ...has sent me here as his prophet to save you as a poster. Judging by how things are going for you over here so far, you need it." AND YOUR QUOTE POSTED :

"You are a piece of work and I'll continue to expose you."

EXPOSE ME RED PHOENIX ? I THINK I JUST EXPOSED YOU ...

Well...this just got awkward.

I continue to be puzzled by the great number of threads here that are thinly disguised attacks on Christians or on non-believers. For you non-believers, you aren't going to ridicule someone out of their faith. And the Christians consider going up against atheists and their ilk to be doing God's work - that is, witnessing for him. Still, we have people pulling Tertullian out and trying to beat people over the head with facts and historical perspective.

Give it up. I'm a non-believer - although I am an ordained Universal Life Church minister (20,000,000 ordained worldwide http://www.themonast...FRBR7AodDVbBCg. The true Christian who actually lives his/her life according to what the Bible says makes this a better world...just as the good mainstream Muslim does. They don't bother me at all. It is the extremists who give me the willies.

I continue to be puzzled by the great number of threads here that are thinly disguised attacks on Christians or on non-believers. For you non-believers, you aren't going to ridicule someone out of their faith. And the Christians consider going up against atheists and their ilk to be doing God's work - that is, witnessing for him. Still, we have people pulling Tertullian out and trying to beat people over the head with facts and historical perspective.

Maybe, but there's no reason it shouldn't be up for discussion. I may not convince Po Belini or Landlord that their god is an absolute fallacy. But maybe a bystander who is on the fence about the whole thing is reading.

Let me put it this way. Let's say someone makes the assertion that there's an magical walrus living at the bottom of the ocean that controls the entire universe, and he's undetectable by any humanly means that has ever or will ever be invented.. Even more, let's say the majority of society believes in this delusion. Nothing wrong with that right? Right. We all live happily ever after.

But lets say based on this belief the majority of society claims thruth about what we can wear, what we can eat, who we can love, who we can f*#k, how we can f*#k, when we can f*#k, what scientific and medical fields can be explored, which legitimate scientific theories can be taught in public schools, and so on and so forth.

Wouldn't it be irresponsible to simply let such delusional beliefs, which affect all of us, go unchallanged?