"Not a true Christian"

I once posted on a Husker message board and this Christian on there damned me to hell several times. Wonder how you would explain that to Jesus?

Must've been a C' Allahan supporter.

I think he's just saying that the definition of a Christian is "one who follows Christ". Which, by definition, rules out Christ himself.

And how does one follow the Christ?

Do they follow what was written centuries later about Him, or do they adhere to His teachings from the Gospels?

One of the tenets of the Christian religion is certainly the trinity...

Great... a third century concept.

And if part of the Bible are incorrect, like the examples you have mentioned right here, then how could you tell what parts are 'correct' vs 'incorrect?'

The fact is the books have been edited for various reasons by men with various motivations of the centuries. The Catholic church spent many, many centuries as the most corrupt institution on the face of the earth. And I think anyone who would say that there were not edits made for reasons of wealth and power, is simply naive.

First of all I would like to say that i am very impressed with the knowledge and diversity of opinions here at HuskerBoard, I am greatly enjoying this conversation.

I am of the opinion that what we call god is the sentient universe, and we as human beings have a spark of divinity in us as children of god... otherwise known as a soul.

The laws of science and precepts of philosophy describe aspects of god, and we are doing our best to understand them.

I believe in free will, in so far that we can effect our limited surroundings. However the universe will go on as god predestined, with us not yet empowered to make significant changes in its course.

I once posted on a Husker message board and this Christian on there damned me to hell several times. Wonder how you would explain that to Jesus?

Must've been a C' Allahan supporter.

I think he's just saying that the definition of a Christian is "one who follows Christ". Which, by definition, rules out Christ himself.

And how does one follow the Christ?

Do they follow what was written centuries later about Him, or do they adhere to His teachings from the Gospels?

One of the tenets of the Christian religion is certainly the trinity...

Great... a third century concept.

I just used the merriam webster definition of the term. Simple, and I stated a belief that many Christians have. If I offend you here, where will you go to criticize me?

I just used the merriam webster definition of the term. Simple, and I stated a belief that many Christians have. If I offend you here, where will you go to criticize me?

No offense was intended, and I should have clarified that better in my wording.

My point was that modern Christianity is now defined by a third century concept.

Anyways, the point of the story is physics exist, and Noah's Ark is bullsh#t.

God is the universe, and physics is one of the sciences that describe god.

That sounds more like Spinoza's concept of "God" than the Judeo-Christian concept of a fatherly god that concerns himself with the actions of human beings. They're not one in the same.

That sounds more like Spinoza's concept of "God" than the Judeo-Christian concept of a fatherly god that concerns himself with the actions of human beings. They're not one in the same.

Yes... very different.

I see god as gender-neutral... probably because god is not a carbon-based biological life form.

Yes I went to a Lutheren church with an old girlfriend because her family went there , and they denied me communion because I wasnt a member . Wonder how they would explain that to Jesus , that they THE CHURCH had denied me remembering what Christ did for me . And you are right , it is up to our Maker to judge , not us ..However many of you stereotype (what your own mind or experience) tells you a bad Christian is , and dont take the time to meet a good one ...because there are good Christians ...Do you judge generally , lets say Black folks or White folks because you met one or two bad ones ?

According to my future mother in law, unless your a part of her church, you are not christian.

Even though I'm lutheran, and was raised lutheran all through school.

Christians can be some of the meanest, most judgmental people in the world, all because some regard themselves as being superior because of their faith.

I would say he's a sinner like the rest of us

Yes... very different.

I see god as gender-neutral... probably because god is not a carbon-based biological life form.

And what do you base this logic on? What rationale do you have?

Yes... very different.

Well now I'm confused about what you meant about god being the universe. If you truely believe in the concept of god being the universe, shouldn't god be the only substance in the universe? Therefore, shouldn't god be every carbon-based life form? Or did you mean something else?

Jeebus , you are one brainy mug , you just made my pie hole hurt !

And if part of the Bible are incorrect, like the examples you have mentioned right here, then how could you tell what parts are 'correct' vs 'incorrect?'

The fact is the books have been edited for various reasons by men with various motivations of the centuries. The Catholic church spent many, many centuries as the most corrupt institution on the face of the earth. And I think anyone who would say that there were not edits made for reasons of wealth and power, is simply naive.

First of all I would like to say that i am very impressed with the knowledge and diversity of opinions here at HuskerBoard, I am greatly enjoying this conversation.

I am of the opinion that what we call god is the sentient universe, and we as human beings have a spark of divinity in us as children of god... otherwise known as a soul.

The laws of science and precepts of philosophy describe aspects of god, and we are doing our best to understand them.

I believe in free will, in so far that we can effect our limited surroundings. However the universe will go on as god predestined, with us not yet empowered to make significant changes in its course.

I think he means the polyester one ..

Yes... very different.

Well now I'm confused about what you meant about god being the universe. If you truely believe in the concept of god being the universe, shouldn't god be the only substance in the universe? Therefore, shouldn't god be every carbon-based life form? Or did you mean something else?

Not sure if you are talking about myself , but yes , I am one of the worst ..need to work on it ..

Yes I went to a Lutheren church with an old girlfriend because her family went there , and they denied me communion because I wasnt a member . Wonder how they would explain that to Jesus , that they THE CHURCH had denied me remembering what Christ did for me . And you are right , it is up to our Maker to judge , not us ..However many of you stereotype (what your own mind or experience) tells you a bad Christian is , and dont take the time to meet a good one ...because there are good Christians ...Do you judge generally , lets say Black folks or White folks because you met one or two bad ones ?

According to my future mother in law, unless your a part of her church, you are not christian.

Even though I'm lutheran, and was raised lutheran all through school.

Christians can be some of the meanest, most judgmental people in the world, all because some regard themselves as being superior because of their faith.

I would say he's a sinner like the rest of us