"Not a true Christian"

I think the very fact that the Tree was named "The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" means they didn't know what they were getting themselves into prior to eating it. How could they, if they didn't truly understand Wrong?

But that is entirely beside the point. A loving parent doesn't put a child in a room with a loaded bear trap. The loaded bear trap never, ever, ever gets in the room. What the heck was it doing there?

I think we are going round in circles. You believe that God is fraudulant and I believe otherwise. God placed the tree there for a reason why only he would know. The humans knew not to eat of it and they chose to do so. Maybe evil was already in the world you know the devil had rebelled against God before the earth was made. So maybe the tree was made to hold the evil in and the eating of the fruit released it. chuckleshuffle

It's not a question of whether or not God is fraudulent. Moreso a question of whether God exists at all.

That is the question you have to ask yourself being God is the most powerful force in the universe do you believe - Well, do you Punk (What movie is that from, movie buffs)? :wasted

I ask myself that quite often. I can't definitively answer the question, but as I once read on a Magic 8 Ball, "Signs point to no."

Let me ask all of you one question. Matter can only come from other matter correct? So where did matter come from in the beginning? You can't have matter from nothing so something had to make matter who or what made matter? I mean at some point when you back far enough you would go all the way back to nothing so how did matter come to be, just curious? Wrong movie you don't win the Cupie doll!! :wasted

I think the very fact that the Tree was named "The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" means they didn't know what they were getting themselves into prior to eating it. How could they, if they didn't truly understand Wrong?

But that is entirely beside the point. A loving parent doesn't put a child in a room with a loaded bear trap. The loaded bear trap never, ever, ever gets in the room. What the heck was it doing there?

I think we are going round in circles. You believe that God is fraudulant and I believe otherwise. God placed the tree there for a reason why only he would know. The humans knew not to eat of it and they chose to do so. Maybe evil was already in the world you know the devil had rebelled against God before the earth was made. So maybe the tree was made to hold the evil in and the eating of the fruit released it. chuckleshuffle

It's not a question of whether or not God is fraudulent. Moreso a question of whether God exists at all.

That is the question you have to ask yourself being God is the most powerful force in the universe do you believe - Well, do you Punk (What movie is that from, movie buffs)? :wasted

I ask myself that quite often. I can't definitively answer the question, but as I once read on a Magic 8 Ball, "Signs point to no."

Let me ask all of you one question. Matter can only come from other matter correct? So where did matter come from in the beginning? You can't have matter from nothing so something had to make matter who or what made matter? I mean at some point when you back far enough you would go all the way back to nothing so how did matter come to be, just curious? Wrong movie you don't win the Cupie doll!! :wasted

The matter always existed, just in a vastly different state.

To continue, there's often argument among creationists that it's not possible that an uncontrolled, chaotic development could have possibly created life as we know it today, to which I argue that it didn't, at least not entirely. It's feasible that although very early life could've been highly unstable, in a span of millions (perhaps billions) of years, simple evolution bred more and more efficiency and stability.

I'm by no means saying I'm fully convinced that that's "how it is", but I think it's every bit as feasible as believing that a being that we can't sensually perceive (yet are expected to worship despite this, with a penalty of an eternally tortured life looming over our heads if we find that concept preposterous), who has existed since time itself began, created us for what appears to be "sh*ts and giggles".

We didn't exist before we were born. I don't see why there's any reason why we have to exist, in whatever form, after we die.

You didn't ask if some followers had differing amounts of faith you asked how much faith is needed I believe. And I gave you the answer- That Jesus is the Son of God and he died on the cross for man's sin and he rose again in three days!! That is the amount you must believe if you are to enter the kingdom of heaven. All the other questions are just a smokescreen to whether or not you believe in that statement.

So that's the magic "key to the kingdom" and nothing else matters.

Now if I have that key, I can blaspheme against the Holy Spirit with impunity!

Or maybe not?

I think if you blaspheme against the Holy spirit you do not totally believe that Jesus is your savior. Why would you blaspheme a part of the trinity if you believe in Christ? eyeswear2allthatsholy

OK, there is an additional condition that would void the faith in Jesus.

Do you know of any other such special conditions?

This is a very, very simple idea that you are either knowingly or unknowingly twisting around. Faith is required, nothing else is. Faith, by it's very nature, leads to a desire (not a requirement) to live a lifestyle in line with the commandments and teachings of God and His word. You do not have to do these things, you want to, and if you do not want to, you may not have a regenerate heart.

Let me ask all of you one question. Matter can only come from other matter correct? So where did matter come from in the beginning? You can't have matter from nothing so something had to make matter who or what made matter? I mean at some point when you back far enough you would go all the way back to nothing so how did matter come to be, just curious?

Failure to provide a full and complete explanation of this (which is currently scientifically impossible, and may never be possible) does not mean that God exists.

Let me ask all of you one question. Matter can only come from other matter correct? So where did matter come from in the beginning? You can't have matter from nothing so something had to make matter who or what made matter? I mean at some point when you back far enough you would go all the way back to nothing so how did matter come to be, just curious?

Failure to provide a full and complete explanation of this (which is currently scientifically impossible, and may never be possible) does not mean that God exists.

Steven Hawking stirred up a major s#$t show a few months ago when he rolled out a new theory that covered this, and with that, in his mind at least, proved that God doesn't exist.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-02/world/hawking.god.universe_1_universe-abrahamic-faiths-divine-creator?_s=PM:WORLD

The matter always existed, just in a vastly different state.

To continue, there's often argument among creationists that it's not possible that an uncontrolled, chaotic development could have possibly created life as we know it today, to which I argue that it didn't, at least not entirely. It's feasible that although very early life could've been highly unstable, in a span of millions (perhaps billions) of years, simple evolution bred more and more efficiency and stability.

I'm by no means saying I'm fully convinced that that's "how it is", but I think it's every bit as feasible as believing that a being that we can't sensually perceive (yet are expected to worship despite this, with a penalty of an eternally tortured life looming over our heads if we find that concept preposterous), who has existed since time itself began, created us for what appears to be "sh*ts and giggles".

We didn't exist before we were born. I don't see why there's any reason why we have to exist, in whatever form, after we die.

How do you know matter already existed and has always existed? That is like you telling me that believing in a God is hard to conceive. How do you prove matter always existed? You don't believe a God can exist for all eternity but matter has just always been around. :dunno

It's also worth noting that this isn't the first time in human history or in modern scientific history we've not had a full explanation for something. At no time has positing a supernatural explanation ever helped solve a mystery. It's just replacing a mystery with another one.

I was just wondering if you thought he died for your sins and rose again. I am not pushing anything jsut curious. Obviously you are entitled to believe what you want. I have never met a person who follows Jesus' teachings and does not believe him to be THE son of God!! So I am very intereested in your logic and why youchoose to follow Christ but do not believe as others!!

My church/fellowship (UUA) is full of people who have similar beliefs, that the teachings of Jesus are very moral, and that He does not claim to be god.

After all... nowhwere in the three Synoptics does Jesus claim to be god.

When you combine matter and anti-matter, they cancel each other out.

I was just wondering if you thought he died for your sins and rose again. I am not pushing anything jsut curious. Obviously you are entitled to believe what you want. I have never met a person who follows Jesus' teachings and does not believe him to be THE son of God!! So I am very intereested in your logic and why youchoose to follow Christ but do not believe as others!!

My church/fellowship (UUA) is full of people who have similar beliefs, that the teachings of Jesus are very moral, and that He does not claim to be god.

After all... nowhwere in the three Synoptics does Jesus claim to be god.

I see, so why did you pick Jesus to follow? There are many moral men in the history of this Earth! :moreinteresting

When you combine matter and anti-matter, they cancel each other out.

Where did matter and anti-matter come from. How did they come into being? :dunno

This is a very, very simple idea that you are either knowingly or unknowingly twisting around. Faith is required, nothing else is. Faith, by it's very nature, leads to a desire (not a requirement) to live a lifestyle in line with the commandments and teachings of God and His word. You do not have to do these things, you want to, and if you do not want to, you may not have a regenerate heart.

I am not trying to twist, but let me see if I have this straight... Faith is all that is needed for salvation, and by having faith one will do good deeds and not commit unforgivable sins.

But we are only mortals. We have sinned in the past, and we will continue to sin regardless of how strong our faith is. How am I doing so far? I believe that Paul of Tarses would be in agreement with me.

All sins will be forgiven if we have faith, ask for forgiveness, and repent. I'm still doing well, I take it?

However here is the kicker... blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is still an unforgivable sin. If we sinned the unforgivable sin before we had faith and were "born again", was that sin washed away in the baptism by submersion (and fire)? Lastly, what if in a moment of weakness a born again commits that unforgivable sin in a moment of weakness?

Steven Hawking stirred up a major s#$t show a few months ago when he rolled out a new theory that covered this, and with that, in his mind at least, proved that God doesn't exist.

http://articles.cnn....tor?_s=PM:WORLD

He stole my stuff!!!

His book -- as the title suggests -- is an attempt to answer "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything," he writes, quoting Douglas Adams' cult science fiction romp, "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

His answer is "M-theory," which, he says, posits 11 space-time dimensions, "vibrating strings, ... point particles, two-dimensional membranes, three-dimensional blobs and other objects that are more difficult to picture and occupy even more dimensions of space." He doesn't explain much of that in the excerpt, which is the introduction to the book.

It's also worth noting that this isn't the first time in human history or in modern scientific history we've not had a full explanation for something. At no time has positing a supernatural explanation ever helped solve a mystery. It's just replacing a mystery with another one.

I can see no other reason for our complete lack of defense this past week against Northwestern than the Flying Spaghetti Monster had deliberately slowed down our defensive backs.