Keeping Things In Perspective

NW played a good game today, had a great gameplan and executed it. With that said, I don't think it's time for husker fans to jump off of the deep end. We committed two red zone turnovers against a solid football team and lost the game. Rex was obviously not himself, he looked physically depleted from the start of the game. NW averaged 3.8 YPC.against a depleted defensive line. In addition to missing Crick, Rome who was just beginning to really come into his own was out as well. This left T. Moore and Justin Jackson (coincidentally listed as a reserve offensive lineman on the roster) taking the majority of the snaps at one of the tackle spots. Not necessarily a shocker the NW was committed to the run and saw substantial success.

Offensively Taylor had his best game as a QB so he deserves recognition. I also want to tip my hat to Steinkuhler, that kid has really been playing hard these last few weeks. Multiple times over the past two weeks he has literally walked offensive guards all the way to the quarterback in his pass rush. He really needs to develop at least one or two solid pass rush moves and we could have a star in the making. David was on point as usual, in the right place at the right time to make big plays.

Overall, if there is any one thing that stands out coming out of this game it isn't play on the field, but instead questionable coaching decisions concerning personnel. Why is Turner not on the field? He is as dynamic a player but he can't see the field? Where is Kyler Reed? He is a matchup nightmare for defenses. Why did we neglect to redshirt Green, Abdullah, and Heard if we're not going to use them when needed to spell Rex.

The good thing is these are easily correctable issues, the bad thing is that because they are so easy to correct yet haven't been leads one to believe we are in store for more of the same.

LOL, I did a national radio show today, busted out the mainstream media and the NYPD AND THE INTERVIEW was only suppose to last 30 minutes. They carried it over and went for 75 minutes. I walk in and see the Huskers down 14-10. I leave the room for a follow up call and come back and it is 21-10. Well at least I am not sitting in rikers island jail right now.

I won't go so far as to say the coaches don't trust the young running backs. Our offensive line did not play well yesterday and neither did our defense as a collective unit. Put those two things together - you have to throw the football. Why do you think the poor to average college football teams utilize pass heavy attacks? Their defenses are bad and their offensive lines aren't up to snuff - but passing allows you to negate those issues to an extent.

Same thing yesterday for us. Its tough to give your young running backs carries when you're down and your offensive line is not playing well.

NW played a good game today, had a great gameplan and executed it. With that said, I don't think it's time for husker fans to jump off of the deep end. We committed two red zone turnovers against a solid football team and lost the game. Rex was obviously not himself, he looked physically depleted from the start of the game. NW averaged 3.8 YPC.against a depleted defensive line. In addition to missing Crick, Rome who was just beginning to really come into his own was out as well. This left T. Moore and Justin Jackson (coincidentally listed as a reserve offensive lineman on the roster) taking the majority of the snaps at one of the tackle spots. Not necessarily a shocker the NW was committed to the run and saw substantial success.

Offensively Taylor had his best game as a QB so he deserves recognition. I also want to tip my hat to Steinkuhler, that kid has really been playing hard these last few weeks. Multiple times over the past two weeks he has literally walked offensive guards all the way to the quarterback in his pass rush. He really needs to develop at least one or two solid pass rush moves and we could have a star in the making. David was on point as usual, in the right place at the right time to make big plays.

Overall, if there is any one thing that stands out coming out of this game it isn't play on the field, but instead questionable coaching decisions concerning personnel. Why is Turner not on the field? He is as dynamic a player but he can't see the field? Where is Kyler Reed? He is a matchup nightmare for defenses. Why did we neglect to redshirt Green, Abdullah, and Heard if we're not going to use them when needed to spell Rex.

The good thing is these are easily correctable issues, the bad thing is that because they are so easy to correct yet haven't been leads one to believe we are in store for more of the same.

[/quotE]

Welcome to HB. Solid post

T_O_B

G>B>R