Inconsistent lineup=inconsistent play

Is anyone else having a hard time understanding why we can't come up with a consistent group of starters? One day 16 is in on d the next week he's out. 10 is in on o next week he's out. 8 returns punts..nope your out lets try 80. When you look at our inconsistent play you can look at how inconsistent the coaches are with the lineup...how do you practice well if you never have a core group of guys to practice with and work on skills? This "every week is a different week" mentality with the lineup is killing us!

Is anyone else having a hard time understanding why we can't come up with a consistent group of starters? One day 16 is in on d the next week he's out. 10 is in on o next week he's out. 8 returns punts..nope your out lets try 80. When you look at our inconsistent play you can look at how inconsistent the coaches are with the lineup...how do you practice well if you never have a core group of guys to practice with and work on skills? This "every week is a different week" mentality with the lineup is killing us!

You just nailed it. And Rex needs to be given more breaks in the first half so he is not worn out in the 4th quarter. And you cant tell me that we have no one better than

THORELL

You just nailed it. And Rex needs to be given more breaks in the first half so he is not worn out in the 4th quarter. And you cant tell me that we have no one better than

THORELL

I agree that Rex needs to be given more breaks. The season is nearly over and we have already burned Green's & Heard's red shirts...put them out there, give them some playing time and see what they can do. Practice experience is one thing, but game time experience is what young players really need to improve their game and to help the team as whole by not just providing depth in numbers, but depth in game day experience.

Totally agree..................shuffling breeds inconsistency................

And, where or where is Turner ?? (you know..........a difference-maker type athlete..............!)...........especially after coaches on Friday expressly said he would be seeing action this week.......

Totally agree..................shuffling breeds inconsistency................

And, where or where is Turner ?? (you know..........a difference-maker type athlete..............!)...........especially after coaches on Friday expressly said he would be seeing action this week.......

And... those who are shuffled out lose confidence. And... those shuffled in and out then play with nervousness and stress and play tight, fearful that they will get shuffled out. In other words, this shuffling in and out is bad not only on consistency (as you point out) but it is bad on player confidence and player morale too.

The roster management of this staff is bizarre --- the burning, needlessly of redshirts, the lack of developing backup talent at many positions, the weird shuffling in and out that you mentioned, the running of Rex to the point where he is too fatigued to be effective when we have an array of backups (whose redshirts have been burned). Yeah... roster managment in the big picture is also bad... year 4 and this staff has not developed a layered roster with a smooth transition from year to year at each position... yes indeed... poorly done.

Something about team chemistry builds wins. These coaches seem to have forgotten this. Or the we will go with the hot hand/guy who gives us the best chance to win etc...

It was game 6 or 7 before we even had the same secondary in. 3 games left and this staff is still trying to "find what works". I really thought that was what spring and fall was for.

I understand that the guy who practices the best plays, BUT your leading WR has been absent 2 games. A dynamic game changer on the side lines. REALLY. If this holds true, then wht not use a healthy threat in Green, A or Herd over an obviously injured/worn out Rex. After his first carry he was limping. If I could see that from the confines of my living room, surely a coach saw it in practice or on the sidelines.

I have finally come to the conclusion that this staff has a lot of learning to do before we reach that place where we all want to be ie playing for the B1G, BCS Bowls, MNC, stomping upstart teams like NW into the ground, establishing at least one friggin season where we go undefeated at home. I no longer think that this staff, in its curent configuration can get us there. Year 4 and the same glaring issues ie lose to lesser teams, poor discipline with penalties, blown assignments, lack of depth, lack of playing time for back ups, stubborn streak etc etc etc

Last week I was singing their praises, but this weekend, reality sunk in. We can't judge success on one game ie UDub part 1, UT in 2009, Mizzou in the rain or even yesterdays loss, but in the totality, we are lacking in some fundemental areas if we really hope to get "there". Perhaps my "there" is more lofty than most, but we fired a 10-3 coach..................

Yes, and not to pile on after a loss..................but there are some glaring inconsistencies on burning red-shirts .................i.e. we burn the back-up kicker early (??), yet at linebacker where we are woefully understaffed, we hang on to shirt of the (supposedly, according to reports) second coming of LaVonte by keeping Santos off the field.....??

I know this sounds stupid because the coaches certainly know and see what is going on to a far, far greater degree than we armchair critics...................but sometimes I wonder if they may be too close to the forest to ferret out the obvious trees...........??

I agree with the young backs seeing more time, rex needs more breathers.

SBJ(#16) was in on special teams and has been having knee problems apparently. I thought andrew green held up real well the last 2 weeks.

Turner has had trouble being consistant in practice according to coach fisher. and marlowe has been steady.