NU chancellor Perlman offers statement on PSU scandal

cHUSKERis

http://www.omaha.com...EWS01/711099783

University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman issued the following statement on the scandal at Penn State on Wednesday:

Graham Spanier is a great personal friend of mine and a longtime supporter of the University of Nebraska who left this institution a better place than when he arrived. Everything I know about Graham makes it difficult for me to believe he would ignore clear allegations of child abuse. I can only wish him the best as he works through these tragic events.

This has obviously been a very emotional week for the Penn State community. We hope for the best for everyone, particularly the children alleged to have been mistreated or exploited. The allegations of abuse, if true, represent personal failings. Penn State, our Big Ten colleague, is still a great university.

Looking ahead to Saturday's game, others will pour many issues into this football game. Nebraska's participation in no way condones the conduct that has been alleged or makes a statement about the truth or falsity of the allegations. In the end the game is about the student-athletes from both institutions who have worked hard to be in a position to play football on Saturday. I hope all fans will be respectful of the contest between these student-athletes, even as we share in the outrage of what is alleged and the pain suffered by the victims.

I haven't cared for Perlman for a while since he gave Callaghan a bonus then firing him causing Nebraska to have to pay more to fire him. That being said, he is stupid for releasing this for the "university". The first paragraph could and should have been left out. He should have issued the first paragraph as a citizen not one representing Nebraska. Like we need anyone to pile on us for this. In Pennsylvania all day people are outraged at Spanier.

third-party-facepalm.jpg

I haven't cared for Perlman for a while since he gave Callaghan a bonus then firing him causing Nebraska to have to pay more to fire him. That being said, he is stupid for releasing this for the "university". The first paragraph could and should have been left out. He should have issued the first paragraph as a citizen not one representing Nebraska. Like we need anyone to pile on us for this. In Pennsylvania all day people are outraged at Spanier.

Agree 100%

I opened topic earlier today about Harvey Perlman. It has already been stated that Spanier is a former employee. I don't think it is out of turn for Perlman to speak on his friendship. Just because he said they are friend doesn't mean he condone what is being alleged. There are a lot of report out right now and I am sure there have been a lot of phone calls. Look at the amount of threads out there about whether the game should be paid. As what everything NU is not shying away and is getting out in front of this issue. This is what leadership looks like.

I opened topic earlier today about Harvey Perlman. It has already been stated that Spanier is a former employee. I don't think it is out of turn for Perlman to speak on his friendship. Just because he said they are friend doesn't mean he condone what is being alleged. There are a lot of report out right now and I am sure there have been a lot of phone calls. Look at the amount of threads out there about whether the game should be paid. As what everything NU is not shying away and is getting out in front of this issue. This is what leadership looks like.

But, business and personal relationships should be separated. From a PR standpoint, when the pitchforks are out you risk bad PR for UNL at the risk of sticking up for your buddy. Then people start asking questions on whether your buddy told you something. Just not wise in my book. He could have just left first paragraph out it would have been fine. Then call his buddy and offer support. FWIW.

Pearl man is a moron and he's already been talked to about his statement and the support he showed for a friend and how it reflects on UNL. This dude is a disaster.

It appears to me that he doesn't know when to just shut up. That's a pretty big problem for someone in his position.

I know he was probably getting asked all week, but someone in his position should have a huge red flag go up when asked to comment on something like this and realize that he can't add anything to what is going on and doesn't even want a part of it as university official, friends and colleagues or not.

It's good someone explained that to him I guess.

third-party-facepalm.jpg

Harvey is just a tenured bureaucrat who never accomplished one single thing in the real world. He just loves soaking up attention & tax payer money but wouldn't know "earning" money or status from the man on the moon.

Take your money you little parasite and STFU.

third-party-facepalm.jpg

Harvey is just a tenured bureaucrat who never accomplished one single thing in the real world. He just loves soaking up attention & tax payer money but wouldn't know "earning" money or status from the man on the moon.

Take your money you little parasite and STFU.

Yep.