Isn't Penn State timing odd?

huskergar

Question: If all of this was going on with so many boys, why didn't some of them step up before now? If this had been going on since 1994, surely some of them would've said something before now. I, too, think it's weird that it's all coming into play now. I can see that the grand jury investigations take a long time but the timing seems weird, almost like a set up-like they wanted JoePa out and wanted him out now. It all seems so sinister to me. I am glad that it's out though. I just cannot for the life of me understand why that Grad student didn't take Sandusky out when he saw him harming that little boy. Sandusky would've been a soprano if I would've caught him doing that to a little boy-the janitor too! What were they thinking??

The whole situation could be a complete course in psychology and sociology. I would guess when they were younger they didn't come forward out of fear or ignorance. Don't forget these were mostly disadvantaged kids so they may have been weary of what could happen to them if they told anybody what happened. And when they were older they either could have been too ashamed to speak out, or like one said in their testimony they couldn't remember too many details because they probably tried to block it out or forget about it.

Sandusky bought these kids gifts to. And don't tell me he would've been singing soprano, the guy who saw it was probably in SHOCK! I mean, what if you saw Carl doing that? I know I don't think I could believe what I was seeing. Still no excuse though and he should've went to the cops.

Mainly Paterno was let go because those remaining in charge of the university understand that a total cleansing has to take place starting from the top down. President, ath dir, head coach, and you can bet after this year this entire coaching staff is going to be set free as well. It's a clean the slate and start over move now. Just like when Osborne came back in 07 to fix our so called "mess", Pearlman started at the top.

Here is the problem with the 'JoePa did'nt do anything wrong, he did what he was required to do"----This was going on LONG before the 2002 incident,, at least as early as 1994 and I am betting that it goes back even further than that. The first reported case ( thus far) was the 1998 case--the facts are there that JS had a thing for little boys--he admitted as much--JoePa wold have known this and I am willing to bet that was the reason for the 1999 retirement. If the 2002 incident was the VERY TIME that JoePa was ever aware of a problem with Sandusky--then maybe, just maybe the "techically did enough" would work, but JoePa had been ignoring or overlooking this for so long, that to know fully report it or investigate would immediately call into question the actions of his defensive coordiator from at least 1994-1998. These questions will be asked and must be answered during the on-going investigation.

Imagine them ignoring or covering up what they thought was a minor problem (inappropriate behavior) for years, because maybe they had no real proof, hard to confront someone with that --the 2nd mile was running, etc, etc. Then when something worse happens--more than inappropriate behavior, now you have naked fondling) well, if you publicly bust him on that, now you have to admit you have been covering his behaviors up for years--so you quietly get him to retire--and now Sandusky has some leverage with JoePa and the school--now if they ever bust him, he will take them down with him because of what they knew and covered--and so he stays close to the program and continues his actions and they get worse--then in 02 he openly rapes a kid in the showers--it gets reported-well sort of, some version of it gets reported--but it does not go anywhere and NOBODY really wants the investigation to go anywhere because of the can of worms it will open up--and so on and so on and so on. We have not even covered the involvement of the 2nd mile boys and their leverage against the school.......but that is coming soon.

Question: If all of this was going on with so many boys, why didn't some of them step up before now? If this had been going on since 1994, surely some of them would've said something before now. I, too, think it's weird that it's all coming into play now. I can see that the grand jury investigations take a long time but the timing seems weird, almost like a set up-like they wanted JoePa out and wanted him out now. It all seems so sinister to me. I am glad that it's out though. I just cannot for the life of me understand why that Grad student didn't take Sandusky out when he saw him harming that little boy. Sandusky would've been a soprano if I would've caught him doing that to a little boy-the janitor too! What were they thinking??

The whole situation could be a complete course in psychology and sociology. I would guess when they were younger they didn't come forward out of fear or ignorance. Don't forget these were mostly disadvantaged kids so they may have been weary of what could happen to them if they told anybody what happened. And when they were older they either could have been too ashamed to speak out, or like one said in their testimony they couldn't remember too many details because they probably tried to block it out or forget about it.

Sandusky bought these kids gifts to. And don't tell me he would've been singing soprano, the guy who saw it was probably in SHOCK! I mean, what if you saw Carl doing that? I know I don't think I could believe what I was seeing. Still no excuse though and he should've went to the cops.

Something that doesn't really get mentioned either is a custodian, who was a Korean war veteran and had admittedly seen some pretty messed up stuff, witnessed Sandusky in the shower with a kid as well. And the only people he told were his peers, and they said he was admittedly very, very shaken up. You can say what you want but just given that fact it's hard to pass judgement on anyone.

Just saying free tattoos now sounds whimsically innocent compared to enabling a pedophile.

And if Jim Tressel's transgressions were to come to light next week, he's still get in trouble, but hold on to his job.

No he wouldn't, he'd most likely be let go at the end of the season and pryor would have still been there and OSU'd be vacating the season and looking at stiffer penalties. The AD is probably still going to lose his job when the NCAA announces sanctions. He should have been out the door with Tressel. The two scandals are not related in any way. One is absolutely not an NCAA matter.

Yeah it gives perspective about how important NCAA football really is in life, but that doesn't change how serious the infractions committee is about enforcing the rules.