Kejuan Jones out for OU

kramer

Yeah one is Reggie Smith, the guy who almost ended up a Husker, but bailed on us during the last few days of the signing period.

I wouldn't get a big head about him not coming here. Where's our heralded freshman? Leon Jackson plays DB for NU, but does he see the field? This kid OU got starts. I remember another DB from NU that got burnt quite a bit his freshman year that turned out to be a pretty good DB: Ralph Brown.

I was just getting ready to argue that Grixby and Greene aren't our weak links defensively, but then I stopped and tried to think of who would be the weak link if it weren't them. I concluded that our corners are our weak links by default. I don't think that they are necessarily "weak" but on this defense they are certainly the two guys that I have the least amount of confidence in. However, that confidence is growing especially after Grixby's performance agains Baylor.

OU has 4 star strong safety Reggie Smith (6-1) and NB Nic Harris (6-3) in the secondary who NU was after both of them. These guys, the longer they play, the better OU's secondary is going to get. By the time we face them again in 2008, they will be seniors. 4 star CB D.J Wolfe (5-11) is also a first year starter, opposite of 4 star CB Eric Bassey who has 35 career starts. Lets not forget about JUCO Chijioke Onyenegecha who was a 5 star coming out of the juco ranks. OU has talent in the backfield. Albeit young and inexperinced talent, but none the less, they have talent.

I wouldn't say Grixby is a "weak" link. He is obviously at a height disadvantage but from what I have seen, he has gotten better every game. Green is a running back, we needed a corner and he was willing to go, he is a good athlete but is out of position. The fact that he is starting really shows our lack of depth at cb. Bowman has started to look like he is getting better aclaimated to d-1 ball and looks like he will be a solid guy the rest of the way. Of course, when the qb is on his back, it doesn't matter who's playing corner :).